Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change Upload Limit (10) of DLP Sensitive Information Type Rule Packages

Please change the upload limit for DLP Sensitive Information Type Rule Packages. I have created about 40 XML files (keyword combinations) for Exchange 2013 on-premise and could upload these without a problem. In EXO I only could upload 10 of these. This limit is hardcoded and I would need now to combine 40 XML files into 1, which is quite a lot of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Upload Limit (10) of DLP Sensitive Information Type Rule Packages

Please change the upload limit for DLP Sensitive Information Type Rule Packages. I have created about 40 XML files (keyword combinations) for Exchange 2013 on-premise and could upload these without a problem. In EXO I only could upload 10 of these. This limit is hardcoded and I would need now to combine 40 XML files into 1, which is quite a lot of work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message Encryption Not ready for *********

Their are various issues with message Encryption that I'd like to report: This is using Encryption when IRM is setup and you choose to encrypt the message through Outlook - Options - Permission- Encrypt Only

1. When sending a encrypted message to an internal recipient (same O365 domain) the user is sent in a loop unable to view the document. You click on the message in the Outlook client and it opens up a browser to view it in Outlook Online. When In outlook online it states you you can only view the message in the Outlook client.

2. You can not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove references to the 'OME Viewer' app from encrypted messages

Although the OME Viewer app was pulled from phone app stores on Aug 15, 2018, the secure e-mail displays "If you don't have the OME Viewer app, [download it now] (link)" on some devices.
    Please remove this message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need "Sender Location is" InsideOrganization/OutsideOrganization added to DLP rule Conditions in Security & Compliance center DLP

Need the ability to only have DLP rules trigger on emails being send by employees within the company. The only available Condition is "Sender IP Address", which is not feasible. We don't want emails that originate externally being sent into the company to trigger DLP rules. We have resorted to having the rules created in the EAC, since you have that ability there, however we loose features from the S&C center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AIP scanner with service account non-federated will not work

AIP scanner with service account non-federated will not work, unless you use disconnected client configuration procedure. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/client-admin-guide-customizations#support-for-disconnected-computers. Make it simpler, We followed all MS documentation with SA account and this was not working. AIP scanner should detect that, that SA account is not the same as PS account and copy the files to SA account profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Proposed  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UK Education numbers

As an education company having ULN/UCI/UPN added to the sensitive information types would be extremely useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. US GLBA conditions did not detail what SSNs will be captured.

US GLBA conditions did not detail what SSNs will be captured. I tested two SSN and the DLP policy capture one and ignored the other. Does the policy check to see if the SSN is a valid SSN before reporting a policy violation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Skype for Business Privacy - hide confidential information in contact detail page

Please add the function to disable certain office 365 users from showing skype details (email adress, etc.) in the search contact window of skype.
    At our school I'd like to use Lync/Skype for our teachers to provide online learning for our pupils.
    Our other employees (not necessarily teachers) use the Office 365 Exchange Server and therefore have their internal email adresses and other information stored there. If I now create users for our pupils these pupils would get information such as the internal email adress of our CEO which they mustn't get. MS support tells me that right now this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Swedish translation of "Business Justification" to something else

When a user chooses to override a DLP rule and needs to give a business justification the get prompted with in Swedish "Jag har en affärsjustering" ("I have a business justification" in English). I'm not even sure if "affärsjustering" is a word so it's not a very good translation. It's not an easy sentence to translate correctly but the words "berättigande, rättfärdigande, anledning or motivering" is better translation of "Justification" and a change of the translation should be considered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exempt Email Account in Policy for Sharing Sensitive Information

It would be great if we can exempt a certain or some email accounts on the Policy for Sharing Sensitive Information in DLP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Separate area to BLOCK email addresses and domains (not allow it to get to the user, or use transport rule space)

A block list (email addresses and/or domains)
    - which doesn't use up 8K of transport rule memory
    - which BLOCKS it (block should mean BLOCK). Blocking should NOT ALLOW IT TO GET TO THE USER (even if it's their Junk Mail).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Differing Status Views in Office 365 Admin Quarantine

The 'new' admin quarantine page (to be switched over in October 2018) appears not to show status of quarantine emails. In the old view, I put in a user in the recipient field and up comes 3 emails spam or otherwise. Status reports they have been released, so if there is any question, I can say, yes, it has been released. However, on the new quarantine page view, when putting the same user in the recipient field, nothing is listed. Could this be enabled please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Always display the email with the name

When someone sends an email protected by Azure Information Protection and the portal sends a message "you have received a secure email from ..." it shows the NAME of the sender but does not show the email it was sent from or sent to.
    a) This makes it very hard to diagnose who the email really came from since the send could change the name.
    b) It actually increases the risk of being spoofed. Both email address of sender and email address of original destination should be clearly displayed to reduce risks and simplify diagnosis of problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Daily Alert on OneDrive for DLP detection

Alert is sent out only when DLP policy first detect on OneDrive. For better management, it would be helpful if there is a daily alert which contains all existing detection plus the new detection for related persons to follow up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. About Auto protection behavior of RunPolicyInBackground on Outlook

If run "RunPolicyInBackground" on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, we can confirm the added label before save it.
    But, We can not notice until the sending E-Mail on Outlook.
    We would like to confirm the added label before sending E-mail on Outlook.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/client-admin-guide-customizations#turn-on-classification-to-run-continuously-in-the-background

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. restrict connection to office365 or Exchange on-line specifically, from computers connecting through one internet IP address.

This might be possible already, but the tech who assisted me with case number 10611929 did not mention how to do this, but all company computers are behind a single internet gateway with a single public IP address. We wish to limit email pickup to computers behind that address and allow no others, although there mat be a couple of exceptions (not sure how that would be done, but anyway...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Viewing attachment filename

We have Transport rules setup in order to trap any attachments. We then get Notifications forwarded by the recipient, then we check within Exchange Admin Centre, the Quarantine page and when we find the email, we can click on the 'Preview Email Message' and we can see the filename of the attachment. We use this feature just to view the filename - not the contents - just the filename and it's extension, so we can analyze quickly it's potential risk.This feature is now missing in the new Quarantine Page within the 'Security & Compliance Centre' Can this feature be enabled…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base