Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DLP - Add exceptions where filename contains .....

We get a lot of false positives for Australian Financial Data and some of these I can avoid simply by adding a filename contains exception. For example I got over 200 emails over night for a particular group of files that are needed for government reporting but these are fixed format txt files zipped up and are obviously matching the regular expression checks. At the moment, we get so may emails come through that its impossible to narrow down to ones we actually need to investigate further. I am trying to create a rule in OWA, but of course that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DLP Policy Sender domain exception

I am not able to find sender domain in exception in DLP policy erlier it was available but right now it got removed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to determine if a secure message is read and by who

Determine if a secure message was read and by who for audit and forensic purposes. Opening secure emails requires a user to login or receive a onetime pass code to view the email. This event should be logged and reportable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Encrypting of email notification - Want to get notifications about email that users did not encrpyt..

Want to get notified when users does not encrypt email. Not be notified that an encrypted email went out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the "DO NOT CLOSE this window" message on input one-time passcode page

When user click to use one-time passcode option, system will redirect user to One-time passcode input page and inform user to check email to receive one-time passcode. Some user will close this input page to open email program to check email especial on web and mobile user. If the user did it, they need to collect the new passcode. To prevent it, it can add one message on input page to remind user won't close this page until they input the passcode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Birthday party or kitty party planner in lucknow

On your lucky day is having a birthday party and invites you over to celebrate with friends and family fun browser game, on B-Day Party / kitty party ! … Get the party started! Find everything you need for your Party by Rihansheve N Planner. For more details related to party organiser visit:- https://www.rihansheve.com/birthday-planner/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. l

post wot you have got would like a delivery please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mailbox block delivery to client program

According to the new data protection law in Spain and Europe, users have the right to digital disconnection of the company during the time they are outside the company and / or during the days of leave or vacation. If they request it individually, I should be able to prevent them from receiving emails on their mobile phones and laptops (if requested), during those moments. To comply with the law.
    How can I configure this in the Outlook panel. Office365.com for my company and my Exchange users?

The answer is:
    To disconnect the exchange service, you can execute the following…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cloud app security, change api call allowance

Give Admin's the ability to reduce the rate of api calls to Salesforce from cloud app security as it can consume 90% of allowed daily rate which is way to high. Please add more apps too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Encrypted Email Bug

I activated a mail flow rule to encrypt an email when a specific word is the subject line. When an internal user receives an encrypted email and replies, the Signature drop down does not show the user created signatures. The only workaround is to change the Outlook options to add a signature to all replies/forwards. This was identified as a bug after submitting a Microsoft help ticket.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sanitize content from any sensitive information type prior sharing outside organization

Scenario will be to trigger a DLP policy on a specific sensitive info type within a document or email.
    Then trigger an action to clean/sanitize any sensitive info type found and potentially replace it with a note.
    End goal will be to enforce a least disruptive DLP policy for end users allowing them to share content outside the organization with safety net of replacing sensitive info type automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability for customers to initiate encrypted email to us via a link in the signature line

We currently use ShareFile and have an upload icon in our signature line. This allows the client to send us encrypted files using the "File Drop" feature by pulling up any previously sent emails by our company. I would really love to see the ability to have the client click the Upload icon in our signature line and be able to initiate an encrypted email back to us using O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. my personal opinion to data protection

you have to make like 6 key, (GM=GL policy) and you have ring create 3 way= 1+2/2+3/3+1 this user people (company privacy 1+2+3)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams DLP should work on a conversation context and not one message

Fix the DLP scanning for Teams to detect information by evaluating a conversation and not just a single text entry. For example, if I type SSN and a valid number in the same entry, the DLP policy will block the message. If I type SSN, then hit enter (newline) and type in a legitimate number the DLP scanning process doesn't block the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User intervention required to remove S/MIME Cert on external emails for OME to work

External emails using automated rules invoke OME encryption but do not work when users have S/MIME cert automatically signing emails. Recipient cannot open unless they have outlook app. There should be a way to invoke a rule that can remove the signature based on criteria instead of the user having to do this manually. Removing the signature allows the recipient to "read the message".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a role group for "DLP Operations team"

Large organization often have dedicated "DLP Ops team" who receives incident emails and need to use Content Search for issue investigation. This team is typically not SP admins so they don't have direct access to the sites to see the violating content.

one way to allow them to do their job effectively is to grant them access to perform Content Search and preview content. This way they can search for the violating item (using syntax like  Path:"https://<file_URL>" and preview/download the file.

To do this they need the following roles in SCC
    - Compliance Search
    - Preview

Would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DLP notifications webhook

DLP Alerts should also have webhook capability and not just email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DLP rules are not working, if we share no. like Credit card, Aadhar card, PAN card, it is working only, if we type text like i am sharing my

DLP rules are not working, if we share no. like Credit card, Aadhar card, PAN card, it is working only, if we type text like i am sharing my Credit card, Aadhar card, PAN card and sharing no. along with that...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Avoid DLP hits on email header information

We recently turned on DLP rules in our organization and have been getting many false positives related to codes in email headers. The "EU SSN" category is a particular problem in this regard. If a user forwards an NDR to tech support for research, they get a notification (I had to turn user-facing notifications off because of this). If a user downloads mail from our archive and emails it to someone, they get a notification. My admin copy of the alert says it's for a string of numbers in the header, usually in the antispam scanning codes. Can rules be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DLP rule name displayed in detailed DLP reports

Have the actual "DlpComplianceRule" name be displayed instead of the ID (Ex. 100172ac-65b5-4c6b-ab95-606e70f9ca9f) number when viewing the detailed DLP policy matches report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base