Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No need to show label dialog if user not interested in saving newly created document

If I open a new document e.g. excel type something to it and close it without save, Microsoft Azure Information Protection Dialog is displayed forcing user to label it.

Steps:
    1. Open Excel
    2. Type something inside excel
    3. Click Save
    4. Label dialog appears, click Not Now
    5. File save dialog appears - click cancel
    6. Try to close document
    6. Label dialog appears again, click cancel with no file save dialog

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sensitivity labels in Office applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Footers being applied to several policies

On other classification technologies I have been able to apply or not apply footers to certain policies or groups but keep the same labels. With AIP, you are limited once you create a label to stick with the footer function if you want to use it all policies making it difficult to distribute to other use cases policies. This makes it difficult to keep consistency across the organization with base labels. I am now having to create sub labels called no footers to ensure they don't get the added footer which causes more confusion.

I recommend Microsoft come up with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Duplicate a policy

It would nice to have the ability to duplicate a policy when the configurations are the same for another policy. This would be a quicker way to create multiple policies with the same configuration but the ability to change the policies names would also need to be enabled. Changing the policy names is another suggested enhancement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Change Policy Names

Sometimes we may need to only change a policy name in DLP without recreating the whole policy simply because the naming convention needs to be updated. Suggestion is to add a feature to change a policy name without recreation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make visual markings visible in email message before hitting Send

Currently visual markings are not displayed to the author/sender of an email until after it's sent. Until it is sent and accessible in the Sent folder, the sender may be unware of the content of the visual marking. By seeing the visual marking, the sender can confirm that the appropriate label has been selected or select another more appropriate one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sensitivity labels in Office applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enumerate through all email addresses in Distribution List to identify and enable outlook block/warn/justify email flow rules

Currently if a non-trusted email domain is embedded within Distribution List, Outlook email flow does not identify and hence does not apply appropriate policies set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase release speed of endpoint data loss prevention

I am seeing the ability to enable sensitivity labels at the sharepoint, teams and 365 endpoint, but it is still in preview. Please release this to us ASAP.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/sensitivity-
    labels-sharepoint-onedrive-files?view=o365-worldwide4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ppdf súbor sa zobrazí len po stranu 50

Ppdf súbor sa zobrazí len po stranu 50. Ostatnésyrany sa nezobrazia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screensharing of Azure RMS protected files on Teams.

Team members see a black screen if we try to show an Azure RMS protected file.
    Please add the permission to share screen of Azure RMS protected file on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mail auto-labeling should inspect the mail subject

E-mails that contain sensitive info types in the subject line should be scanned and prompted for auto-classification (recommended or automatic).

We have identified a use case in our org around sensitive data in e-mails with a ticket number in the subject line and would like to allow the recommended auto-classification to scan/detect part or all of an info type in the subject line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support standalone "Custom Permissions" action with Sensitivity Labels

To keep the classification and protection separated. i.e. user is able to manually select the "Custom Permission" option from Word, Excel and PowerPoint to do the protection of files; to be able to activate the "Custom Permission" popup box from the menu to allow flexibility of protecting files.

For your considerations, please. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Endpoint DLP should support enforcement based on file extensions

Please road map USB restriction based on file extension in endpoint DLP (in preview now))

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow end-user to control content marking location

Currently, in AIP label classification, these settings are static (i.e. left or right etc.). The reason for this use case is that, when PowerPoint sides are created, the static label header and footer causes a problem, sometimes they overlaps the actual PPTX contents and this makes the presentation look bad to the audiences.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide the close icon "x" from the AIP bar.

Let user disable the bar from the AIP Addin in Office only, they cannnot click "x" to disable the AIP bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to exclude the preservation hold libraries from being scanned

DLP notifies end users of DLP violations and asks them to remediate in one of several ways. One of the ways could be to delete the document from SP/OD if it is not needed. When the user deletes the file, it is sent to the preservation hold library where it is then scanned again by DLP and creates another user alert, admin alert, and incident report. This creates unnecessary overhead, confusion for the end user, and skews the metrics we collect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove restricted access permissions full control from users outside of our organization

currently i received a document from outside of my organization with restricted access full control. It has now propagated to all ms word documents that I open on my system. I have tried to remove the full control user; however, microsoft help desk has been unable to help me reomve or "fix" this issue.
    I would like to be able to remove this users restricted permissions from all of my ms word documents and at present I have not found any information to tell me how to perform this action. I have called Microsoft on a number of occasions, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support "Line breaker /n" in content marking

Support the new line code when entering the text of the marking in the header in Office365 security and compliance center..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to classify data in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content.

Ability to classify data at rest in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content. At this time only documents posted to SharePoint on premise or O365 can be classified and reported against. We have a large number of page level lists that are not attached documents that contain sensitive data that we would like to have awareness of in order to ***** the risk of transitioning it from on prem to SPOL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add AWS API Key as a built-in sensitive info type

Add Amazon Web Services (AWS) API key strings to the list of available sensitive info types

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow authentication with non Microsoft accounts for protected documents

Allow external users who do not have Microsoft or AD account to open protected documents.

OME works only on emails and does not apply directly on documents

Option 1 - Ability to configure custom authorizer based OIDC
    Option 2 - Enable OME when opening protected documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base