Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bitcode Enablement

Currently iOS SDK isn't built with BitCode because of which we're unable to use the SDK with our product. I would like to know the plan for Bitcode enabled SDK for iOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to ignore a specific sub folder based on it's name

I have a situation where we use the AIP scanner to classify files in a repository, but there are some sub folders that are stored in the cloud, so when the scanner starts scanning this sub folder it has to go to the cloud and download it to the server to classify the files and ends up overloading the traffic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AIP Scanner should use Group Managed Service Account (GMSA) to prevent potential scan failures during password change and protect account.

AIP Scanner should support use of Group Managed Service Account (GMSA) to prevent potential scan failures during password change and protect account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide the ability to enable/disable AIP Policy from Portal or PowerShell

Currently when I create a policy in the portal have to assign a user or group in order to be able to save it. I want the ability to mark a policy as "Enabled or Disabled" and not have to assign a user.
    Rationale for this is that I'm not allowed to have empty AD/AAD groups so I can't use that option. If I'm developing a policy or if I have a policy for a specific limited purpose (e.g. to enable debug logging) I MUST assign a user or group otherwise I cannot save the policy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the export of AIP Analytics logs to other Azure environments.

Want to use another Azure environment to host AIP analytics workspace. 2 Scenarios:
    1) GCC O365 into MAG
    2) Supporting multiple O365 environments into Azure environment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AIP Viewer - configurable link in "Learn More"

In the AIP client I can configure the "Tell Me More" link in Help & Feedback to point to an internal website via an advanced configuration setting.
    The AIP Viewer has a "Learn More" link which takes me to an external Microsoft site. I'd like to be able to configure this link to point to my own site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support opening ".log" file type

Enable the Azure Information Protection app to open the ".log" file type. This is simply a text file with a ".log" extension. AIP can already open ".txt" files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create an AIP Scanner Agent to avoid complex settings

At present, the progress of installing the AIP Scanner on the server-side is a little bit complex.
    Besides, on the client-side, users have to set up shared folders for scanning. Could you create a Scanner Agent helping execute all those steps?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible for the RMS connector to use Modern Authentication!

"This account must not require multi-factor authentication (MFA) because the Microsoft Rights Management administration tool does not support MFA for this account. In addition, if you use Azure AD Conditional Access, do not block legacy authentication for this account."
    The Block legacy authentication policy that is recommended to use in Azure cannot be used because of your own product, kind of embarassing for you, is it not?
    Or make it possible to use the policy with exception for this account until fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Proposed  ·  1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AIP Scanner Support for auto downgrade protection for PDF files that are not ISO compliant

We have repositories with 1000’s of PDF files. Some are ISO compliant and some are older that are not.
    The PDF files that are not compliant are failing to apply protection. If I change the PDF protection version to V1 (PPDF) protection does work fine for these older PDF files. Now new PDF files that do support V2 must be protested with V1 policies.
    Can we have an option to use V1 PDF polices when V2 cant be enforced

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide detailed SDK documentation for MAC and apart from Visual studio.

Documentation for MIP SDK is only suitable for the windows system with Visual Studio. Please provide detailed documentation with other environments also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Proposed  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AIP Client - Provide capability for custom install option in AIP Client (No PowerShell and Scanner bits for Central Deployment)

We are planning to leverage the .msi version of AIP client for central deployment and would like to install only the core AIP client components such as add-ins, viewer and RMS clients, but PowerShell modules and Scanner are optional for our end users. Looking at post install options to remove AIP.dll and Scanner bits. wondering if there is any plan to provide custom installation option in future releases ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. AIP Scanner - identify PxI and redact sensative data elements

Speech to text transcription services may output text that contains sensitive information such as credit card (PCI) numbers. It would be very useful to leverage pre-defined AIP Scanner policies to identify PCI data elements in the text files and also redact or overwrite the PCI data instead of just applying a label or protecting the file. Ideally this would be an Azure API service call or cmdlet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AIP scanner with service account non-federated will not work

AIP scanner with service account non-federated will not work, unless you use disconnected client configuration procedure. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/client-admin-guide-customizations#support-for-disconnected-computers. Make it simpler, We followed all MS documentation with SA account and this was not working. AIP scanner should detect that, that SA account is not the same as PS account and copy the files to SA account profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Proposed  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. About Auto protection behavior of RunPolicyInBackground on Outlook

If run "RunPolicyInBackground" on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, we can confirm the added label before save it.
    But, We can not notice until the sending E-Mail on Outlook.
    We would like to confirm the added label before sending E-mail on Outlook.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/client-admin-guide-customizations#turn-on-classification-to-run-continuously-in-the-background

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide View Permission toolbar when I change to a classification without protection

When I change from a label that includes protection to one that does not, the information bar with the label description and View Permission... button is retained, even after saving. Clicking the View Permission... does nothing (because the document is no longer protected). This behaviour is confusing for our users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When viewing tracking details include a field for data classification assigned to the content when it is opened

During investigations it would be useful to understand if a document was classified for public use, internal use, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MDE should work with ADFS 4 on Windows Server 2016

ADFS 4 brings some changes to the protocol that makes it incompatible with the current version of MDE. The ask is to make changes to MDE to interop well with ADFS 4.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AIP Scanner should support any document repository using CMIS

Most document repositories support a common protocol called CMIS. This would allow customers to use the AIP Scanner generically against CMIS-supported document repositories for classification and labeling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AIP Scanner working with multple accounts

So in the past few days we discovered that having the scanner in a different domain than production is going to present some challenges. If you use a scoped policy the ID is going to be an DOMAIN1 ID but how do you scan items in other domains? In theory you can export policies and run a scanner in a different domain using a static policy but when we get to the RMS stage how does that work without a connection to Azure to store the keys?

A first thought on how they could address this. Change it so the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base