Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent change of sensitivity label at Site collection level unless justified

Have a business justification/approval available when a sensitivity label is attempted to change at site collection level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

tell us more  ·  1 comment  ·  Sensitivity labels in containers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow EOP transport rule backups

I would love to see an option that would allow me to backup a copy of all the EOP rules that I have created for inbound, outbound, spam rules. We are a very large school system so we have a lot of specific rules for domains, IP address ranges and key words.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic labeling trumps manual label selection

Once ruleset are configured and the policy is running the background files should always be labeled using the configured rulesets. Currently when a user manually selects a label that selection is final and even the policy running in the background cannot change that.

If a business is configuring a ruleset then that should prevail every time sensitive content is detected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prevent end users from manually selecting a label used for auto classification

Desired functionality:
    Create a label for automatic classification, add the label to a label policy, but prevent end users from manually selecting that label or hide the label from end user view.

Current functionality:
    In order for an automatic label to function it has to be added to a label policy, but this, in turn, allows end users to manually select this label. This creates a gap because it is logged as an automatically labeled file/email which is to be believed that it was labeled automatically based on a ruleset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base