Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include offending messages in alerts for "Suspicious email sending patterns detected" policy

When I receive an alert of the policies like "Suspicious email sending patterns detected", I would like to see some information about the messages that have triggered the alert. Subject line would be nice. Without this I cannot have discussions with the sender to correct the problem.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Disable or Exclude specific Built-in sensitive info types in content discovery

Hundreds of Thousands of our documents are being incorrectly classified/identified by Sensitive Info Types as being INTERNATIONAL CLASSIFICATION OF DISEASES (ICD-9/10-CM).

Having raised MS Ticket 19009613, they advised I use this UserVoice to determine how we might:

1. Ensure that data that includes the word 'worries' isn't classified as above, or

2. have the ability to deselect or disable this Built-In sensitivity type

We were offered the idea of creating our own customised rules but we enjoy the default nature of scanning etc and don't wish to maintain own own classifications/labels.

Thanks

Phil

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove "People with the link" link type on a tenant level

Currently, removing the "People with the link" sharing option is only possible per site:
    Set-SPOSite -DisableCompanyWideSharingLinks Disabled -Identity $siteUrl

Considering that the recommendation from Microsoft is to allow all FTEs to create O365 Groups (therefore, SPO sites), disabling this link on every new site would require automation (adds complexity, costs) and would be done with delay.

Our Chief Security Officer sees it as a security threat, and to limit accidental exposure, requested this sharing link to be disabled on a tenant level (with an option to enable it per site).

The following would be very useful:
    Set-SPOTenant -DisableCompanyWideSharingLinks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Label changes from the desktop application are not reflected in the "Confidentiality" column in SharePoint Online.

With the new preview version of confidentiality labels for Office files in SharePoint and OneDrive, users can implement confidentiality labels from Office desktop applications, however, these changes are not being reflected in the "Confidentiality" column. "in SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base