Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where is the AIP Yammer ?

Yammer seems to have gone for AIP. All links for AIP Yammer at MS do not work anymore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable automated data classification

AIP should allow classification to be set via C# or VBA instead of requiring manual settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow non work or school accounts to open AIP and IRM protected documents

When trying to open a document e.g. PDF that has IRM applied to it, application AIP Viewer or Edge Chromium asks you to log in to a Work or School account to view the document. Please allow non-work or school accounts to also login and see the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open AIP encrypted office documents in Web Apps

Allow AIP encrypted (which had sensitivity labels applied) Office documents (word, excel, powerpoint, onenote, etc) and PDF files to be opened in the corresponding Office Web Apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Different default sensitive labels on emails for internal recipients vs external

Suggest an option to change an outlook email default classification based on if the recipients are identified as internal users or external users. For example set the default label on all internal only recipient emails to "Internal Use Only", but if a non-internal (external) domain is a recipient, label the email as "Confidential". Allow the sender to override the default if they manually select a different classification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Footers being applied to several policies

On other classification technologies I have been able to apply or not apply footers to certain policies or groups but keep the same labels. With AIP, you are limited once you create a label to stick with the footer function if you want to use it all policies making it difficult to distribute to other use cases policies. This makes it difficult to keep consistency across the organization with base labels. I am now having to create sub labels called no footers to ensure they don't get the added footer which causes more confusion.

I recommend Microsoft come up with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook oversharing popups in AIP Client should support DL expansion

When configuring exempt domains from pop-up messages for labels, any emails within a distribution list (DL) are not checked as the DL is not expanded. This means that if we want to popup and perform an action anytime an external domain is included will not occur if an external domain is within a DL.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mail auto-labeling should inspect the mail subject

E-mails that contain sensitive info types in the subject line should be scanned and prompted for auto-classification (recommended or automatic).

We have identified a use case in our org around sensitive data in e-mails with a ticket number in the subject line and would like to allow the recommended auto-classification to scan/detect part or all of an info type in the subject line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support standalone "Custom Permissions" action with Sensitivity Labels

To keep the classification and protection separated. i.e. user is able to manually select the "Custom Permission" option from Word, Excel and PowerPoint to do the protection of files; to be able to activate the "Custom Permission" popup box from the menu to allow flexibility of protecting files.

For your considerations, please. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the wording on AIP outlook warning pop-up

Current outlook warning pop-up says " You are about to send content classified as "classification" to on one or more untrusted Recipient."

Can the wording be changed from the techy/abrasive mention of 'untrusted recipient' to referring to it as an 'external recipient' or 'outside of your organisation'

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide the close icon "x" from the AIP bar.

Let user disable the bar from the AIP Addin in Office only, they cannnot click "x" to disable the AIP bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove restricted access permissions full control from users outside of our organization

currently i received a document from outside of my organization with restricted access full control. It has now propagated to all ms word documents that I open on my system. I have tried to remove the full control user; however, microsoft help desk has been unable to help me reomve or "fix" this issue.
    I would like to be able to remove this users restricted permissions from all of my ms word documents and at present I have not found any information to tell me how to perform this action. I have called Microsoft on a number of occasions, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to classify data in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content.

Ability to classify data at rest in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content. At this time only documents posted to SharePoint on premise or O365 can be classified and reported against. We have a large number of page level lists that are not attached documents that contain sensitive data that we would like to have awareness of in order to ***** the risk of transitioning it from on prem to SPOL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow authentication with non Microsoft accounts for protected documents

Allow external users who do not have Microsoft or AD account to open protected documents.

OME works only on emails and does not apply directly on documents

Option 1 - Ability to configure custom authorizer based OIDC
    Option 2 - Enable OME when opening protected documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Authenticate guest users with Azure AD B2B collaboration to open encrypted files

It is troublesome for guest users to create an account with personal RMS in advance. Authenticate guest users with Azure AD B2B collaboration (and Onetime Passcode in preview) will be comfortable.
    This helps reduce collaboration using password-encrypted zip files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow user defined labels to be automatically applied at sharepoint site/onedrive

There is a limit of maximum 500 encryption labels. We have a client where we need encryption label per project (each defines own set of permissions), which means we might use up 500 labels very soon. A way around it is to use user defined permission labels. But there is not way to apply this automatically to a onedrive/sharepoint site. A way should be provided to apply this to a onedrive/sharepoint site, so any documents added to the site get this label. (with permissions defined as part of the automatic policy setup).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unified Labeling client - change "Help and Feedback" to "Learn More" and function consistently as Online, Mac, etc.

The link to the custom help page in the UL client should be reached by the same mechanism as the other implementations - with a "Learn More" button. Reached from a secondary window opened by "Help and Feedback" adds confusion and requires additional material and coverage in training.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enhance Outlook "Confirmation Required" Pop-up so it shows all users and any attachments for context, and also support mail merge

Raising a feature request for Outlook "Confirm and Send" Outlook Pop-Up

1. When OutlookWarnUntrustedCollaborationLabel is configured outlook shows "Confirm and Send" pop-Up, in the Pop-UP it only shows first 3 recipients . Show more than 3 /all the recipients in the Pop-up may be have collapsible + Icon which can be expanded to see all th recipient for whcih is Pop-Up is generated. (i.e. not displaying first three and then saying “and x more”).

2. Also, if there is any attachment in the email display the attachment in the pop-Up as well along with recipients. (e.g., Warn users saying you are about…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set label event IDs

Hey Team

I see on the AIP documentation below eventIDs

Set label (lower): Information ID 101
    Set label (higher): Information ID 101

Based on my tests its:

Set label (lower): Information ID 102
    Set label (higher): Information ID 103

Cheers,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base