Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ppdf súbor sa zobrazí len po stranu 50

Ppdf súbor sa zobrazí len po stranu 50. Ostatnésyrany sa nezobrazia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Label multi language support in mobile apps.

Currently when labels and tooltips have the LocaleSettings update via powerShell, they do not display the appropriate language in the Outlook mobile app but instead display in the default label language.
    e.g. French translations added to fr-fr in localesettings and display correctly in MS Office on a desktop and in the Word and Excel mobile apps but not in the Outlook mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow admins to set UDP permissions and enduser add the approved recipents

Using AIP unified labels it is desired to have restrictions apply to a specific sub label where protection/encryption is enabled/set by the IT backend. The end user whom labels the document must be able to decide who can access the protected document, when the label is applied

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Screensharing of Azure RMS protected files on Teams.

Team members see a black screen if we try to show an Azure RMS protected file.
    Please add the permission to share screen of Azure RMS protected file on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow authentication with non Microsoft accounts for protected documents

Allow external users who do not have Microsoft or AD account to open protected documents.

OME works only on emails and does not apply directly on documents

Option 1 - Ability to configure custom authorizer based OIDC
    Option 2 - Enable OME when opening protected documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attach a Power Automate Flow to a Sensitivity Label

For example, if a document is labeled as confidential and someone wants to share it externally, start an approval workflow.

I think there are many reasons why someone would want to use a workflow in conjunction with a sensitivity label. Please add your use case to the comments.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail auto-labeling should inspect the mail subject

E-mails that contain sensitive info types in the subject line should be scanned and prompted for auto-classification (recommended or automatic).

We have identified a use case in our org around sensitive data in e-mails with a ticket number in the subject line and would like to allow the recommended auto-classification to scan/detect part or all of an info type in the subject line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enforce mandatory labeling in built-in sensitivity labeling in Office

Mandatory labeling is supported in the AIP clients, it should also work for clients using the built-in labels in Office.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user defined labels to be automatically applied at sharepoint site/onedrive

There is a limit of maximum 500 encryption labels. We have a client where we need encryption label per project (each defines own set of permissions), which means we might use up 500 labels very soon. A way around it is to use user defined permission labels. But there is not way to apply this automatically to a onedrive/sharepoint site. A way should be provided to apply this to a onedrive/sharepoint site, so any documents added to the site get this label. (with permissions defined as part of the automatic policy setup).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More than 500 encryption labels

I was wondering if the limit of 500 encryption label is due for increase at any time. We potentially need encryption labels per project (ie each label defines a project specific set of who is allowed to access). We will probably very soon run out of labels in this case. Any thoughts welcome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unified Sensitivity Labels in the Government Cloud (GCC and GCC High)

Bring Unified Sensitivity Labels into GCC and GCC High.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support standalone "Custom Permissions" action with Sensitivity Labels

To keep the classification and protection separated. i.e. user is able to manually select the "Custom Permission" option from Word, Excel and PowerPoint to do the protection of files; to be able to activate the "Custom Permission" popup box from the menu to allow flexibility of protecting files.

For your considerations, please. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Endpoint DLP should support enforcement based on file extensions

Please road map USB restriction based on file extension in endpoint DLP (in preview now))

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow end-user to control content marking location

Currently, in AIP label classification, these settings are static (i.e. left or right etc.). The reason for this use case is that, when PowerPoint sides are created, the static label header and footer causes a problem, sometimes they overlaps the actual PPTX contents and this makes the presentation look bad to the audiences.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enhance Outlook "Confirmation Required" Pop-up so it shows all users and any attachments for context, and also support mail merge

Raising a feature request for Outlook "Confirm and Send" Outlook Pop-Up

1. When OutlookWarnUntrustedCollaborationLabel is configured outlook shows "Confirm and Send" pop-Up, in the Pop-UP it only shows first 3 recipients . Show more than 3 /all the recipients in the Pop-up may be have collapsible + Icon which can be expanded to see all th recipient for whcih is Pop-Up is generated. (i.e. not displaying first three and then saying “and x more”).

2. Also, if there is any attachment in the email display the attachment in the pop-Up as well along with recipients. (e.g., Warn users saying you are about…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exclude Domains across multiple DLP policies/rules

We have a need to be able to exclude a large list of domains across several DLP rules. We would like to maintain 1 list of domains that can be used in multiple DLP polices/rules. This functionality does not exist today.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Loss Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide the close icon "x" from the AIP bar.

Let user disable the bar from the AIP Addin in Office only, they cannnot click "x" to disable the AIP bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to exclude the preservation hold libraries from being scanned

DLP notifies end users of DLP violations and asks them to remediate in one of several ways. One of the ways could be to delete the document from SP/OD if it is not needed. When the user deletes the file, it is sent to the preservation hold library where it is then scanned again by DLP and creates another user alert, admin alert, and incident report. This creates unnecessary overhead, confusion for the end user, and skews the metrics we collect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove restricted access permissions full control from users outside of our organization

currently i received a document from outside of my organization with restricted access full control. It has now propagated to all ms word documents that I open on my system. I have tried to remove the full control user; however, microsoft help desk has been unable to help me reomve or "fix" this issue.
    I would like to be able to remove this users restricted permissions from all of my ms word documents and at present I have not found any information to tell me how to perform this action. I have called Microsoft on a number of occasions, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incompatible sensitivity label detected | Allow to disable message

Hello,
    Please allow to disable the message about "Incompatible sensitivity label detected";
    If I upload 100x files, I receive notification about all 100x files, didn't test yet 1000+, but this force to create a Mail rule to delete a message, which makes useless of this future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sensitivity labels in containers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base