Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide the close icon "x" from the AIP bar.

Let user disable the bar from the AIP Addin in Office only, they cannnot click "x" to disable the AIP bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove restricted access permissions full control from users outside of our organization

currently i received a document from outside of my organization with restricted access full control. It has now propagated to all ms word documents that I open on my system. I have tried to remove the full control user; however, microsoft help desk has been unable to help me reomve or "fix" this issue.
    I would like to be able to remove this users restricted permissions from all of my ms word documents and at present I have not found any information to tell me how to perform this action. I have called Microsoft on a number of occasions, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to classify data in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content.

Ability to classify data at rest in SharePoint page level lists, task lists and calendar content. At this time only documents posted to SharePoint on premise or O365 can be classified and reported against. We have a large number of page level lists that are not attached documents that contain sensitive data that we would like to have awareness of in order to ***** the risk of transitioning it from on prem to SPOL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow authentication with non Microsoft accounts for protected documents

Allow external users who do not have Microsoft or AD account to open protected documents.

OME works only on emails and does not apply directly on documents

Option 1 - Ability to configure custom authorizer based OIDC
    Option 2 - Enable OME when opening protected documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Authenticate guest users with Azure AD B2B collaboration to open encrypted files

It is troublesome for guest users to create an account with personal RMS in advance. Authenticate guest users with Azure AD B2B collaboration (and Onetime Passcode in preview) will be comfortable.
    This helps reduce collaboration using password-encrypted zip files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set label event IDs

Hey Team

I see on the AIP documentation below eventIDs

Set label (lower): Information ID 101
    Set label (higher): Information ID 101

Based on my tests its:

Set label (lower): Information ID 102
    Set label (higher): Information ID 103

Cheers,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block attachment download in the encrypted message portal based on sensitivity label

We have 2 sensitivity labels that apply encryption to emails, one is based on the encrypt-only template and the other is based on the Do not Forward template. We'd like to be able to block external recipients from downloading attachments if the email was sent with the label that uses the Do not Forward template so that the attachments can only be viewed in the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deploy sensitivity labels policy to applications instead of users

I have customer that need to deploy sensitivity labels to only Teams. Not all naming conventions match labeling on Teams. We need for example only two labels (Internal, External) to limit the guest access.

We don´t need to see all labels that the users have access to. It will also be easier to have an policy deployed only to users and another policy only to an application like Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Default label for different workload

With MIP we want to have a default label like "Public" for Outlook in all platforms. Not only advanced client on Windows. Another default label for "Internal" document with encryption.

If the customer has both Windows and Mac or mobile devices like iOS then it is not possible to have encryption on the default label as many customer ask for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow to configure Mandatory label for the built-in client

This feature is essential in order to migrate from classic or unified client to built-in client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ingest Logs from AIP to ON PREM SEIM solution like Splunk

Currently i dont see an option in AIP which would allow an ON PREM solution to ingest AIP logs
    Pls make provision to store the logs to a storage account or stream via Event Hub

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AIP Scanner - Scanning files on Linux share and Sharepoint

I have a requirement where we have files stored on Linux file share and we intend to apply AIP scanner for the same. Please provide detailed steps for configuration and other requirement as part of pre-requisite.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Request to support additional File Types

Receiving request from customers to expand the list of file types. The ones being requested are videos like MP4, MOV, WMV. Companies are looking at products like Vera and Seclore who have wider support for fie types natively.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support .NET Core

We wanted to build microservice in .NET Core but got set back because of impossibility to call Microsoft.InformationProtection.MIP.CreateMipContext(appInfo, "mip_data", LogLevel.Error, null, null);

Which throws Unknown exception. Same code runs in .NET Framework. It would be nice to also call it from .NET Core.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use "Contact" to define the permission level

In PGP, users could set the level of security to apply to each of their contacts. Why not do the same in Outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display labels for files opened in AIP Viewer

When opening a file via AIP Viewer (e.g. PDF) previously labelled by a certain label via AIP unified labelling (button Clasify and protect), there is no pane showing this label in AIP Viewer. It could be helpful if this was implemented as for now it only works when showing permission for IRM protected files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. marking

Ability to have markings with dynamic content (user name, date, etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Seamless SSO for AIP Client Deployments

After installation of the current AIP Client, every user gets prompted for their username for the first time launching any Office application. After entering the username, everything else works automatically.

Would be great to have real/seamless SSO for the AIP Client on Windows 10, to get rid of the annoying credential prompt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add external domains and file name in pop-up box to create more visibility

When sending the email in the pop-up box display the external email addresses and the files names. This will make the review process more efficient (you can clearly see what document will be send to which external address)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bitcode Enablement

Currently iOS SDK isn't built with BitCode because of which we're unable to use the SDK with our product. I would like to know the plan for Bitcode enabled SDK for iOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base