Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Suite Navigation Bar

1. Align languages throughout the product suite

There is good language support in some of the Office 365 suite such as SharePoint. But the Office.com interface and other features this doesn't have the same options.

For example Welsh, is only shown partially on some of the Office 365 interfaces.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Download Stream video file as mp4

When you download the Stream video recording, it downloads in webm format. Webm files do not play in Windows Media Player. It would be better if the file format was mp4 when you download it from Stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. outlook calendar

Is it possible to add a new status in the "show as" drop-down menu of the outlook calendar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change default view in Outlook Sent Folder - Replace From Column with To Column

The default view of the SENT folder is the same as all other folders with the FROM column displaying who sent the e-mail. That doesn't work for the SENT folder where all emails are sent by the active user.

Replace the FROM column with the TO column by default and the sent folder will be significantly more usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. M365 app launcher extension for Edge

Either build in to Edge or create an extension for Edge that would allow you to have the M365 app launcher persistently available from the browser toolbar so you can launch a specific M365 app no matter what website you are on in the browser. I currently use the new tab with Bing search and quick launch but that still limits you as to how many apps you can pin. Extending the M365 app launcher to the browser would be very helpful for end users and would give Edge an another advantage over Chrome ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Récupérer les champs Quickparts dans Excel et Powerpoint

Je souhaite pouvoir récupérer les champs Quickparts dans Excel et Powerpoint. Apparemment ce n'est possible que dans Word.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Summary window of the settings on Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard.

When navigating through the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard, after the initial configuration is selected, I was expecting a summary of the settings I have selected before ready to Update.

I suggest if an additional window can be added to summaries the settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Issue with Title Bar On Word when switching between screens

I am having a glitching issue with Word when I switch it between screens. A secondary title bar appears where the rule bar should be. This glitch then leads to other issues such as the right click suggestion box blacking out. Ive talked with my customer support person and had a chat with an agent, talked to administrators, and no one knows that is happening. I dont know if its a glitch with my screen or if its some weird bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the addition of other Microsoft Links into the Navigation bar

We are using Azure AD Conditional Access Settings. This is like MFA but not the original MFA option offered by Microsoft. There isn't a way to navigate back to your selections from the user account settings or profile - at least none I have found. So we are having to tell users to go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup if they want to review their settings once they have this set up. It isn't a very intuitive option. It would be great if users could navigate to this from their account information or profile page. If not that, then at least be able…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. able to delete single document

I would like to be able to delete a single page or pages in documents when I have it open on the screen and after i have saved it if i change the title or the text i am still left with the original even if i don't need it any more. surely you could put a delete button in Editor you hit the button the prompt comes up do you want to save yes or no hit yes and it deletes it from your files thanks Karl,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Icon to save documents is obsolete

We have had the same icon to save documents from the beginning. That icon is obsolete and our new generations don´t know even what a floppy disk is. It should be updated to a new icon like a USB stick or something similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simplified Ribbon of Commands - make availalbe for ALL Office 365 apps

Not all of the primary Office 365 apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) have the SIMPLIFIED RIBBON OF COMMANDS available yet.
    Word has it with no switch in the Title Bar, PowerPoint has the switch in the Title Bar, Excel Does not have it at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Outlook Tasks

A search bar to allow searching by description/subject.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. open app in a new tab by default

Currently, clicking an app in the waffle by default obliterates the current tab with the new app load. This is a communication and collaboration ecosystem. It should facilitate easy switching/navigating between tasks. Tabs were invented for a reason. This current behaviour fails to leverage that highly useful and desirable functionality. Same with the calendar icon. It used to open in a new tab, hasn't for some time now. A user should not have to right-click to open in a new tab; selecting an app should always open in a new tab. Cannot conceive of any logical rationale for it not.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. auto backup and restore custom ribbons with updates

Recent updates keep resetting quick access toolbar and ribbons user customization. The Office suite offers ribbons and quick access configuration Export and Imports. The importing function already validates the settings to insure we don't import discontinued settings no longer available after the updates.

Would be nice if Microsoft was automatically backing up our user configuration and restore what is still good after the updates instead wiping it all without warnings. Got burned few times before I started to export-import manually on a regular base to prevent having to redo it all manually each time MS decides to wipe them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Page Tabs to Word - like Sheet Tabs in Excel

I had a thought or a suggestion that might improve many users experience with Office. Several times I have worked in Word and need to toggle between the beginning of a long document and the end. I just realized that if there were page tabs in word like there are sheet tabs in Excel, it would make the process so much easier. It would be good for anyone who is using Word to write a book - to have each chapter in a new tab, or if you have many different ideas being processed in one document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable transparency

You know that you can customize your theme for the organization, it will be good to add transparency to some elements because the color doesn't really combine with the logo of your company in the navigation bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My Day as a List in Calendar

I'd like the "My Day" list from To Do to be an option to add tasks from under My Day in Outlook Calendar.

Each day I prioritise tasks in my "My Day" list from my many To Do lists. However, I then like to time block each task in my calendar. This would be much easier if my "My Day" list was a list option in Calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Suite Navigation Bar

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base