Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Suite Navigation Bar

1. open app in a new tab by default

Currently, clicking an app in the waffle by default obliterates the current tab with the new app load. This is a communication and collaboration ecosystem. It should facilitate easy switching/navigating between tasks. Tabs were invented for a reason. This current behaviour fails to leverage that highly useful and desirable functionality. Same with the calendar icon. It used to open in a new tab, hasn't for some time now. A user should not have to right-click to open in a new tab; selecting an app should always open in a new tab. Cannot conceive of any logical rationale for it not.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto backup and restore custom ribbons with updates

Recent updates keep resetting quick access toolbar and ribbons user customization. The Office suite offers ribbons and quick access configuration Export and Imports. The importing function already validates the settings to insure we don't import discontinued settings no longer available after the updates.

Would be nice if Microsoft was automatically backing up our user configuration and restore what is still good after the updates instead wiping it all without warnings. Got burned few times before I started to export-import manually on a regular base to prevent having to redo it all manually each time MS decides to wipe them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adding Page Tabs to Word - like Sheet Tabs in Excel

I had a thought or a suggestion that might improve many users experience with Office. Several times I have worked in Word and need to toggle between the beginning of a long document and the end. I just realized that if there were page tabs in word like there are sheet tabs in Excel, it would make the process so much easier. It would be good for anyone who is using Word to write a book - to have each chapter in a new tab, or if you have many different ideas being processed in one document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. O365 Pro Plus needs a classic mode!

O365 Pro Plus is not suitable for a corporate environment. O365 Pro Plus seems to be optimized for tablets and touch screen devices. These are not used in the office setting and even less in call centers etc. The looks, feel and function of this format is clunky and cartoonish. Please add a classic mode so that we in the corporate environment can revert to a more user friendly mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let me opt out of changes when updating

I get used to the current look and feel of outlook. Then I get an update that changes that look and feel. I see no added value to the changes and I have to relearn where buttons/menus/icons are and what they represent. So, Just stop it please. I am sorry if it might cause some devs to lose their jobs but please stop or allow an opt out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change view on sent item folder in personal archive

When I look at my Sent Items folder in archive, I only see my name instead of the name of the person I have sent the message to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable transparency

You know that you can customize your theme for the organization, it will be good to add transparency to some elements because the color doesn't really combine with the logo of your company in the navigation bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable editing of the service name logo in the navigation bar

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ナビゲーション バー のサービス名ロゴの編集を可能にしたい
    Enable editing of the service name logo in the navigation bar

■Description(内容):
    ナビゲーション バーの [OneDrive] や [Outlook] などのサービス名が既定で入り、変更不可である為、カスタマイズ可能にしたい
    Since it is currently not featured, I would like to have the service name logo on [OneDrive] and [Outlook] in navigation bar be automatically filled by default and be customizable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My Day as a List in Calendar

I'd like the "My Day" list from To Do to be an option to add tasks from under My Day in Outlook Calendar.

Each day I prioritise tasks in my "My Day" list from my many To Do lists. However, I then like to time block each task in my calendar. This would be much easier if my "My Day" list was a list option in Calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow the custom Organization clickable logo to be applied to the high contrast theme.

Right now, when the tenant admin sets a custom organization clickable logo, it's only applied to the Default theme. Please make it so that this is also applied to the High Contrast theme.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. holiday themes

Office 365 Holiday Themes for 2019

My team members are requesting Holiday themes in Office 365 for the upcoming 2019 season. There are no good predefined themes to show the spirit.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dark mode theme customize organization color

The new dark mode theme is great, but it overrides the customized colors defined in the organization theme settings. It would be great if we could define an organization-specific theme color for users who choose dark mode.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thinking about it  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an option to make customizations to the O365 suite bar visible to external users

Currently, external users do not see customizations (custom logo, colors, etc.) that are made to the Office 365 suite bar--only internal users can see the customizations.

Please add an option for admins to make their O365 suite bar customizations visible to their external users as well as their internal users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Office 365 Navigation Bar

Allow Tenant Admins to disable high contrast theme when preventing users from overriding theme and allow users to have more than one themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

tell us more  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. customize the button help " ? " located on the office 365 navigation bar

It is interesting to be able to modify the labels on the Office help page ( ?) in the main navigation.
    As this navigation bar is located on almost every Office 365 service (SharePoint, Outlook...) it would be convenient if each administrator of the tenant could control and customize the information that is relevant or not.
    It will therefore be easy to find information that you want to push to the majority of the tenant's users.
    - To be able to move the labels,
    - Be able to add links easily

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow multiple logo's per Office 365 tenant

We are a huge company with multiple labels/brands. We would love to be able to give a different experience to different "blood types" in our company. Lots of our customers have the same "problem".

Could you please make it possible to add a logo per domain, or per group of users? Would be a great feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to include a highres company logo for scaling

At the moment you can only upload a logo of 200x30 pixels, which looks blurry on every screen that has a high DPI (e.g. higher than 100% scaling in Windows).

All the built-in icons have been adapted to this with high-resolution versions which looks great, but this means the lowres company logo stands out more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. more coverphotos and themes

there should be sports coverphotos and themes or else let people get their own themes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The Themes...

We need more themes for outlook...
    Especially for the kids with school accounts who cough desperately need new themes. Like books, beaches, sports, beaches, animals, magic, magical animals... things like that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Suite Navigation Bar

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base