Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. Outlook search on Office 365 is ineffective.

Old outlook searches worked well, but the current version doesn't return all emails that contain query terms. It makes outlook basically worthless. There have been numerous posts on this, but apparently no response/resolution. i have copied text from an email, dropped it in the search bar, and had that email be missed in the search. Please put a team on to fix this.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide option to remove/relocate "SEARCH" field from title bar of Outlook window.

There is plenty of wasted space in Outlook GUI, but placing a live SEARCH field in the middle of the window title bar defeats the purpose of having something to move, select, or drag the window with. If the user has multiple windows open, the title bar gets more narrow and having the SEARCH feature fill that space makes it difficult to 'grab' the window to move it or to dock it to one side of the screen. Word, Excel, and other Office apps have the ability to collapse this; provide the same for Outlook.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Bing Intranet/internal Search Expanded by Default

When logged in to Bing there is a great intranet search at our company. It is still not convenient though because I have to click to expand to see internal results. I would like to be able to turn this on by default... Simply a Bing preference that I could set would take care of it.

If we had this then I would be pushing everyone to make Bing their default search engine in our organization!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook search option is terrible. I used to have functionality when I clicked in the search box, that the icons changed and i could instant

new Outlook search location and functionality is horrible.
    Yes, please note Outlook search option is now terrible.
    I used to have functionality when I clicked in the search box, that the icons changed and i could instantly click attachments or other options. now I have to drop down an options box make more selections and then hope. Why or how on earth is more clicking through easier and efficient ? The position of the search is now disjointed from the mail folder. Are we trying to turn this into google mail ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Revert back to old Search format

WHY did you move the search bar? The new location is very inconvenient and hinders efficiency - not to mention the aggravation it causes. In addition to that, now you can no longer copy/paste with the mouse!! That just adds to the inefficiency by making you have to use the keyboard and disrupting the flow of your work.
    Please either move the search bar back to the old location or make it possible to move it with the customization option.
    Also, when typing in the search field, it used to automatically start searching based on the text, now you have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You recently changed the search function in Outlook. Now you can no longer right-click to paste. Plus, you don't automatically see your rec

You recently changed the search function in Outlook. Now you can no longer right-click to paste.
    Plus, you don't automatically see your recent searches.
    Can these two functions be returned?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Online Archive needs to be able to search all folders, not just 1 at a time

Presently to search your online archive, you have to search each individual folder for your content (this per MS is designed like that). But if you have thousands of folder and you don't know where your email is, it could take days or longer to find the right folder to search! You should be able to search ALL archive folders for your query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alternatives on how it whuld work. Now it makes me my bos and my other boos crasy . =(

Fix so thatone can seartch inside docomunts agen. The last moungs makung ppl not find what thay area after and NO sertch inide a mail for fast read?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please provide way to find Word files with compatibility mode associated

Some Word .docx files open as Read Only on my iPad Pro. Discovered on laptop they open in [compatibility] mode. I want to find and fix them on laptop, not discover them when on iPad I find they are read only! Office 365 on iPad, Office 2019 on laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Detect hyphen or underscore separated words

When using the bing-powered "work" search, I cannot find files whose names are separated with hyphens or underscores. For example, assume I have three files named "MY FILE", "THIS_FILE", and "THAT-FILE". If I type into the search box FILE then only the first one, named "MY FILE", will appear.

This is frustrating since some systems don't support spaces easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Outlook search results, can you please tell me what mailbox the item came from?

It can be hard to tell what mailbox an item is in because if you go to the file->current folder, the mailbox is not listed. It just says "contacts" for example. I have 4 or 5 mailboxes in my Outlook, so I have no idea which contacts folder it is talking about.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I use Outlook at work. I recently noticed in the upper right hand corner of the screen the "Coming Soon" button. So, I flipped it on. When t

I use Outlook at work. I recently noticed in the upper right hand corner of the screen the "Coming Soon" button. So, I flipped it on. When trying the new Search field at the top to search my email, you CAN'T Copy and Paste into it. That is something I wish you guys would fix. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1–844>769<9823 Hp printer Online

+1–844>769<9823 Hp printer Online

What you can do to make Hp printer Online?
    If you want to make your Hp printer online then you have to follow the instructions step by
    step and then follow them carefully so that you can easily get your Hp printer online. But
    make sure you must not miss any step.
    Check the cable connections
    To make your Hp Printer working you will have to check that both the cables of the hp
    printer and the computer to which they are properly connected. Then also check the ends of
    the USB cables that they are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)