Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. Outlook Search Field

In the new Outlook Search field, please give us back the ability to copy and paste with a right mouse click

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow adminstrators to manage Microsoft Search through PowerShell and APIs

While the search adminstration tasks all have import and export options, they currently require an administrator to sit in front of the admin center and complete them manually. As far as I can tell there are no PowerShell modules or REST APIs that allow you to update things like bookmarks, acronyms Q&As and locations programatically. Please add these options in order to allow us to automate some parts of the management.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search bar change

i don't have an idea just a statement, please bring back the old search bar in Outlook, the new search bar for retrieving old mail is totally unproductive and useless.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Country list in Bookmarks

The country list for bookmarks is currently based on the Bing Marketplace values, but this list of countries is limited. Sourcing the country list from Azure Active Directory would provide a much more comprehensive list to choose from.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move Outlook Search Box

The latest version of Outlook 365 forces the Search Box to appear in the Title Bar. Looks clunky and hard to move the window. It would be good if users had the option to move this to where it used to be (just above emails).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put it back the way it was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Outlook Search - my idea is this, Put it back the way it was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Microsoft Search to GCC and GCCH

Microsoft Search is unavailable to O365 users in GCC and GCCH clouds. This significantly reduces the usability and desirability of O365 for most organizations moving to the government cloud.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. need complete sample/documentation to setup floor plansearches.

currently the documentation is very very weak.
    we need a full sample, with sample autocad file to be able to go through the entire setup process.
    I'm not sure what I have to pout in AAD
    I dont know how to create the autocad file (specialy when we have visio and no autocad)
    I dont know what to put in the different prompts asked during the configuration on the web
    etc...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the uploading of Visio Floor Plans as well as AutoCad

The current implementation allows the importing of dwg files with tags set for room numbers: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/floorplans-bestpractices. We have visio diagrams of our building layouts and no Autocad or dwg version or any idea how to tag them using the Autocad software. So hopefully there will be a method in the future of uploading visio floorplans instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want the ability to CSV output the mail body other than search

I want the ability to CSV output the mail body other than search

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook search bar

This should be a choice per user to keep original view or new current view.. word and excel have option to turn it off but Outlook doesn’t, viewing should option should be included as a choice rather then just on or off..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include the same customization capability that has always been in SharePoint search.

For years we have had the ability to successfully customize SharePoint search with managed properties, crawl rules, query rules, result sources, it goes on and on. With MS Search you have taken that flexibility away. So now half of our tenant gets one search experience and the other half (Modern sites) get what they get. Put the two together with full functionality or give us an option to use classic search in Modern sites. It's getting really frustrating explaining to users that a Best Bet is now a Promoted Result or it could be a Bookmark depending on where you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. outlook search not working right

when i search outlook the results did not come up. Your tech support helped me and the guy gave the following reason:- "Sometimes, when the Outlook is trying to finish the sync process, which is run frequently to keep your mailbox updated, the search function could be delayed a bit."
    my response was as follows:-
    "ok I suppose I will just need to give it more time if it happens again but it was strange that I could see the june invoice email in that folder and it wasn't coming up on the search. I think this is an issue…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Index Microsoft Office Tags as metadata

Microsoft Office files allows you to add tags to a document from the document information panel. You can also view and update the tags column in File Explorer. However, if the document is saved to SharePoint Online, the tags content is not indexed by Microsoft Search.

It would be useful for this text to be indexed and also to support searching on this attribute (e.g. where tags contains 'proposal')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Acronyms not appearing in search

Acronyms not appearing in search. I can easily add Acronyms to Microsoft Search admin, but after waiting three weeks, I still do not get results when I search an acronym in Bing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ajouter un champ téléphone pour les emplacements

Bonjour,

Pouvez-vous ajouter un champ téléphone pour l'option emplacement ? Les buildings ont des numéros de téléphone qui devraient apparaitre.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook search terms should not erase when changing folders or mailboxes

Can you please make the search terms in the "search at top" feature survive a folder or mailbox change? That way I can search in various folders and mailboxes without having to re-type the terms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. outlook seach

kill yourself now kill yourself now. anyone who works at ms is waste of effort and energy and should kill thier faimilies and them selves- do us all a favor- eliminate your uslessness from the collective gene pool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1,844,769,9823 | Hp Printer Offline Windows 10

HP printer is Working with Windows 10 is exceptionally practical and helpful. Be that as it may, on account of its high usefulness, the framework keeps an eye on work with a lot of utilizations and projects at the same time, which can be the wellspring of surprising issues. Go to Install an HP Printer and interface with windows 10. The Scanner is on the introduce plate as is the Printer yet Windows 10 needs it for the Printer, Keeps saying that the HP Printer Offline Windows 10. Step by step instructions to Make Printer Is Offline in Windows 10…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. +1*844*769*9823 hp printer offline windows 10

+1844769*9823 hp printer offline windows 10
    All you might need to do is to restart the printer and the computer or unplug its USB cable. If you are using a network printer, either wired or wireless, the problem is with the connection, and you should restart your router. ... From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
    https://gadgetsick.com/blog-post/hp-printer-offline-windows-10/
    https://medium.com/@gadgetsick8/1-888-358-6248-why-hp-printer-offline-1faed049849d

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base