Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve error messages for bulk publishing in Microsoft Search

I was unable to publish multiple results at one time because I would get a default error message that did not indicate which result contained the error. It would be helpful to have an indication of which result contains the error so we do not have to go through them individually. Right now, the only way to see which item has an error is to individually open each one and then try to publish.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it so that external users also get redirected by the “Which search results page should queries be sent to?” function

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーも "クエリの送信先にする検索結果ページ" の機能によりページ遷移するようにしたい
    Make it so that external users also get redirected by the “Which search results page should queries be sent to?” function

■Description(内容):
    テナントのユーザーの場合は Microsoft Search を利用できるため、"クエリの送信先にする検索結果ページ" の機能が利用できるが、外部ユーザーは Microsoft Search を利用できないため、 "クエリの送信先にする検索結果ページ" の機能を利用できない。外部ユーザーが Microsoft Search を利用できるように機能を拡充、もしくは "クエリの送信先にする検索結果ページ" 機能そのものの機能拡充を希望します。

Since users in your tenant can use Microsoft Search, they can use the “Which search results page should queries be sent to?” function, but since external users cannot use Microsoft Search, they also cannot use “Which search results page should queries be sent to?”. Please make it so that external users can use Microsoft Search, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow bookmarks to be scoped

Scoped so you can decide if they should appear on all search results - such as when searching sites in SPO. Or the default behavior, when searching at the organizational level

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Inscription en libre-service à Office 365

Vérifier un autre moyen plus rapide d'attribuer les licences aux étudiants et aux enseignants

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add additional building info to Answers / Location

For some locations, the GPS generated method of travel isn't always correct so it would be helpful to be able to provide written directions, or you'll want to recommend a nearest railway station or parking. Other useful options would be to show a photo of the building, give the office switchboard number, specify the floor to go to, confirm building opening hours, controlled entry requirements, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Floorplan Search also in Microsoft Search in Office 365?

The Floorplan
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/manage-floorplans
    is only searchable in Microsoft Search in Bing, but not in Office 365 or SharePoint Online. Also not clickable in People Profile Cards in Microsoft 365. Inconsistent UX!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow acronym searches to work by only entering the abbreviation

The new Answers/Acronym search function in SharePoint Online appears to require the user to phrase their search as a question, like "What is ABC" - and searching "ABC" by itself does not work. Please allow users to enter abbreviations as a single-word search query.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Online Archive needs to be able to search all folders, not just 1 at a time

Presently to search your online archive, you have to search each individual folder for your content (this per MS is designed like that). But if you have thousands of folder and you don't know where your email is, it could take days or longer to find the right folder to search! You should be able to search ALL archive folders for your query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dynamics 365 Connector

It would be really helpful if Microsoft Search (esp Search for Bing) would include Dynamics 365 Accounts and Contacts in the results. For example, searching for Contoso would include a link to the Contso Account record.

Salesforce Connectors are in progress but I haven't seen anything for D365 - makes NO sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search all the different historical Malware or Ransomware or PUA files or emails that exist in our environment

We recently picked ransomware in one of the old emails, it was alerted through Defender. Is it possible to search all the different historical Malware or Ransomware or PUA files or emails that exist in our environment (Exchange Online, Sharepoint, etc...) and we've not been alerted or aware of them. The malware/PUA/Ransomware can be of any type or any name or any extension or any format and we are not aware of the details and would consider as concealed or archived in the user’s mailbox as an example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alternatives on how it whuld work. Now it makes me my bos and my other boos crasy . =(

Fix so thatone can seartch inside docomunts agen. The last moungs makung ppl not find what thay area after and NO sertch inide a mail for fast read?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sharing of search results

Hi all,
    We'd like to utilize MS Search for a collection of content in SharePoint and making it searchable. We have cases where a search shows good results and the user would like to share the found results already from the search result list with a little "share icon".
    Right-click and "Copy link" is not the best solution.

Can this be taken on the list?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please provide way to find Word files with compatibility mode associated

Some Word .docx files open as Read Only on my iPad Pro. Discovered on laptop they open in [compatibility] mode. I want to find and fix them on laptop, not discover them when on iPad I find they are read only! Office 365 on iPad, Office 2019 on laptop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the ability to CSV output the mail body other than search

I want the ability to CSV output the mail body other than search

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exclude spscific folders from Outlook Search

I would like to remove the "Trash" folder that my email provider uses as Deleted Items from Outlook Search.

As I use Search to clean my Inbox and delete emails, Search finds them in the "Trash" folder before I get a chance to fully delete them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook search bar

This should be a choice per user to keep original view or new current view.. word and excel have option to turn it off but Outlook doesn’t, viewing should option should be included as a choice rather then just on or off..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Revert back to old Search format

WHY did you move the search bar? The new location is very inconvenient and hinders efficiency - not to mention the aggravation it causes. In addition to that, now you can no longer copy/paste with the mouse!! That just adds to the inefficiency by making you have to use the keyboard and disrupting the flow of your work.
    Please either move the search bar back to the old location or make it possible to move it with the customization option.
    Also, when typing in the search field, it used to automatically start searching based on the text, now you have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You recently changed the search function in Outlook. Now you can no longer right-click to paste. Plus, you don't automatically see your rec

You recently changed the search function in Outlook. Now you can no longer right-click to paste.
    Plus, you don't automatically see your recent searches.
    Can these two functions be returned?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Detect hyphen or underscore separated words

When using the bing-powered "work" search, I cannot find files whose names are separated with hyphens or underscores. For example, assume I have three files named "MY FILE", "THIS_FILE", and "THAT-FILE". If I type into the search box FILE then only the first one, named "MY FILE", will appear.

This is frustrating since some systems don't support spaces easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base