Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. hp printer mac address

Every wireless printer has a Media access control, also said MAC address. A unique printer MAC address is assigned to the printer when it is connected to the network. If you are wondering how this address looks like, you will find it in six sets of two alphabet and numeric combinations having dashes in between.

The easiest way to find this address on your printer is from the network menu on the control panel of the printer. Before you check for the Media access control address, make sure your printer is connected to the network.

https://www.hpprintersupportpro.com/blog/find-hp-printers-mac-address-with-simple-steps/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow deactivation of Power BI vertical in Microsoft Search

The new Power BI Vertical in Microsoft Search cannot be hidden/deactivated. As we use Microsoft Search as enterprise search - but don't use Power BI in the cloud yet, the vertical is empty/useless for all users and strongly deteriorates the search user experience.

It would be great if the vertical could be removed, i.e. activated/deactivated by admin or script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search bar for Delegated Mailboxes

The new search bar at the top of outlook does not search delegated mailboxes. Can we make it so if we select another mailbox and do a search, it will search in that mailbox?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize synonym list tenant-wide

Hi,

Is it possible to create a possibility to create custom synonym list for Microsoft Search? It would be nice to see results for example if you search for "auto" (Dutch word for car) that you also see all the results for "bedrijfswagen" (Dutch word for company car).

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Re-insert the Search bar for Microsoft Forms

There are two different types of search bars...the general search bar and the forms sear bar. The search for Forms is the one I'm talking about. You've taken it out. I use(d) Forms exclusively for all my testing and quizzing needs, and therefore have over 200 tests and quizzes. How do I go about finding a particular quiz if I can't search for it, nor is there any folders, nor is it in alphabetical order. Please replace the search bar so I can find my forms, please? By the way, classes started yesterday, so I need them starting then if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Best suggesting Tool for MBOX to Office 365 Migration

Download a useful solution MailsDaddy MBOX to Office 365 Migration Tool to easily import the MBOX file database into Office 365 and Live Exchange Server account. Using this solution one can transfer the MBOX file into Exchange Online without any changes in the original database. It is also compatible to transfer heavy size MBOX file into Office 365 primary, in-place archive, and shared mailbox with full accuracy. The application compatibly represents the preview of the complete MBOX file database in the preview section. Here users can transfer some selected emails, files, and folders into Office 365 platform.

To download the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow scoping or and categorizations when entering acronyms

we have a large number of different companies in our tenant, in which certain acronyms / abbreviations have a different meaning. it would be nice if a scope or a cathegory could be assigned when entering / maintaining the acronyms, which would allow the user to differentiate in the results display.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook Search by Date and Select All

There are Search by Date fields in the advanced search, but they do nothing unless you add another keyword in your search. People need to be able to Search by Date only. Typical MS reply is that it's by design. Please fix this an allow the search fields to actually return results when dates are entered without any other keywords. Also please provide a clearly identified "select all" results option and not just select the first 75 results when clicking the icon in the upper left corner. None of that is intuitive to the end user that you have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Forms a searchable object on the Forms portal

Please make forms the primary objects returned / an object that can be returned as a search result when using the search bar on the O365 forms site.

It seems only logical for someone using the search bar built in to the Forms site to want to have Forms that match the search return as a search result.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Return direct links to public Microsoft Teams, not just to the SharePoint side

Microsoft Search returns all SharePoint sites that a user has access too, however, many of these sites are now the backend of thriving Microsoft Teams sites. Having users find and land on the SharePoint home page in these cases is not useful.

Two possible improvements. Either, make the link to the public Teams sites show up as along side the SharePoint results (with some icon to distinguish the two), or put a prominent link to the Teams site on the home page of the SharePoint site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Consistency on displaying Title vs Filename in Search Results

Search is critical to a successful intranet. Now that we are using modern search in SharePoint / Microsoft 365, we have lost functionality that has been in the product for years. The key element that is missing is consistency in how document type results are displayed. SharePoint has always displayed the “Title” attribute of a file (if present) as the clickable item in search results. If no title attribute existed, it would display the file name. File names are typically not as readable or as user friendly as titles. Being able to specify a title gives the content owner on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support multilingual query patterns for acronym searches

Microsoft Search users can get definitions with Acronyms in Bing, SharePoint, and Office 365. In the Search box, users enter queries like these examples: What is <acronym> or Define <acronym>

For non-English speaking organizations it is recommended to enter the query patterns in their own language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dictate order of Bookmarks with same trigger Keyword, and have all appear the same

Right now up to three Bookmarks can be displayed in the search results pages if they share the same Keyword as a trigger. One appears as "primary" with hyperlinked title, URL and description, while the other(s) appear under Related with only a hyperlinked title in tiny font. I would like all to be displayed the same as the "primary" and would like to be able to set which appears first, second, and third.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restore the ability to search Public folder calendars

recently the new search within Outlook broke the ability for searching of public folder calendars. This has been confirmed and replicated by Microsoft technical support. Previous version of Microsoft search allowed this. I have have 250 users across 25 companies that use public folder calendars, and that have lost this ability. if you need references: Microsoft case number: 22228511 references this problem. Please address this bug, and restore the search function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When searching an error code please list all error codes related to the product support.

After a search is performed, list all error codes and possible solutions related to the product support.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Idea: Why not consolodate all the Outlook search feedback since mainly it is location or usability related

I have a number of issues with search the biggest is the box location though, you should be able to revert it. Steals screen space, could be in the ribbon where I see All/Unread and of taking half an inch of the top of my screen. I tend to accidentally de-full screen outlook when I attempt to click in it. I would attach to an existing user voice but it looks like many disparate user voices out there, same key driver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for indexing wikis in DevOps

We heavily use wikis in DevOps for documentation and onboarding and stuff. It would be great if we could search those as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow end users to provide feedback (or suggested updates) to Acronyms, Bookmarks, Locations, and Q&A

Acronyms, bookmarks, locations, and Q&A's may become obsolete or outdated over time. As users come across these types of results, provide a way for them to submit feedback to a specific mailbox, search admin, or search editor. Or, a way to flag the item for review.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base