Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. Microsoft is updating Office to make Bing the Default Search Engine in Chrome!!?

Is this a joke? How is this even legal. This will confuse people, inconvenience everyone, and cost our company money.

Beginning with Version 2002 of Office 365 ProPlus, Microsoft will install a browser extension that makes Bing the default search engine for Google Chrome, providing the benefits of Microsoft Search in the browser to those end users.
    • This browser extension is scheduled to be available in Monthly Channel (Targeted) in February 2020.
    • It is expected to be released to Monthly Channel in early March 2020.
    • It will be included in the upcoming releases for Semi-Channel (Targeted) and…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook search on Office 365 is ineffective.

Old outlook searches worked well, but the current version doesn't return all emails that contain query terms. It makes outlook basically worthless. There have been numerous posts on this, but apparently no response/resolution. i have copied text from an email, dropped it in the search bar, and had that email be missed in the search. Please put a team on to fix this.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. outlook search

As soon as you click into the search bar to bring up the search options, it covers those options with a drop down… Please put search back where it was or make it a fixed item (e.g., between View and Help)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow acronym searches to work by only entering the abbreviation

The new Answers/Acronym search function in SharePoint Online appears to require the user to phrase their search as a question, like "What is ABC" - and searching "ABC" by itself does not work. Please allow users to enter abbreviations as a single-word search query.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook Search Field

In the new Outlook Search field, please give us back the ability to copy and paste with a right mouse click

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow adminstrators to manage Microsoft Search through PowerShell and APIs

While the search adminstration tasks all have import and export options, they currently require an administrator to sit in front of the admin center and complete them manually. As far as I can tell there are no PowerShell modules or REST APIs that allow you to update things like bookmarks, acronyms Q&As and locations programatically. Please add these options in order to allow us to automate some parts of the management.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Extend Bing Search into more O365 Apps

I find this new Bing Search in the new Edge version 79 just gorgeous - what a great help in my daily work.

Currently the Bing Search gives me results from People, Sites, Files, Teams, and Yammer.

Do I assume correctly that the search will expand into all Office 365 apps? I am especially looking for seeing results from Outlook, Sway, Stream, Flow, Forms, OneNote, and Planner.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. search bar change

i don't have an idea just a statement, please bring back the old search bar in Outlook, the new search bar for retrieving old mail is totally unproductive and useless.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide option to remove/relocate "SEARCH" field from title bar of Outlook window.

There is plenty of wasted space in Outlook GUI, but placing a live SEARCH field in the middle of the window title bar defeats the purpose of having something to move, select, or drag the window with. If the user has multiple windows open, the title bar gets more narrow and having the SEARCH feature fill that space makes it difficult to 'grab' the window to move it or to dock it to one side of the screen. Word, Excel, and other Office apps have the ability to collapse this; provide the same for Outlook.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move Outlook Search Box

The latest version of Outlook 365 forces the Search Box to appear in the Title Bar. Looks clunky and hard to move the window. It would be good if users had the option to move this to where it used to be (just above emails).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Bing Intranet/internal Search Expanded by Default

When logged in to Bing there is a great intranet search at our company. It is still not convenient though because I have to click to expand to see internal results. I would like to be able to turn this on by default... Simply a Bing preference that I could set would take care of it.

If we had this then I would be pushing everyone to make Bing their default search engine in our organization!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Country list in Bookmarks

The country list for bookmarks is currently based on the Bing Marketplace values, but this list of countries is limited. Sourcing the country list from Azure Active Directory would provide a much more comprehensive list to choose from.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inscription en libre-service à Office 365

Vérifier un autre moyen plus rapide d'attribuer les licences aux étudiants et aux enseignants

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Floorplan Search also in Microsoft Search in Office 365?

The Floorplan
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/manage-floorplans
    is only searchable in Microsoft Search in Bing, but not in Office 365 or SharePoint Online. Also not clickable in People Profile Cards in Microsoft 365. Inconsistent UX!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show bookmarks as auto-fill search results in SharePoint

When searching in SharePoint, it would be great if bookmarks were shown as auto-fill search results.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add ability to add custom refiners to modern search page

Using the refiners managed properties it was so valuable to add the refiners to the search page. IE RefinablString 01 It is crucial to any decent search page to refine from thousands of documents to the few that you are really interested in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow content to be pulled through from other services

For example we have a Knowledge base built in wordpress. It would be helpful if we could pull this content into Microsoft search results. This would give us a uniform location for users to search for help topics relating to our workplace.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Outlook search option is terrible. I used to have functionality when I clicked in the search box, that the icons changed and i could instant

new Outlook search location and functionality is horrible.
    Yes, please note Outlook search option is now terrible.
    I used to have functionality when I clicked in the search box, that the icons changed and i could instantly click attachments or other options. now I have to drop down an options box make more selections and then hope. Why or how on earth is more clicking through easier and efficient ? The position of the search is now disjointed from the mail folder. Are we trying to turn this into google mail ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Put it back the way it was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Outlook Search - my idea is this, Put it back the way it was PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Microsoft Search to GCC and GCCH

Microsoft Search is unavailable to O365 users in GCC and GCCH clouds. This significantly reduces the usability and desirability of O365 for most organizations moving to the government cloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Search

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base