Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Search

Welcome to the Microsoft Search UserVoice forum!  We look forward to your feedback and ideas around Microsoft Search in general, including the admin experience, Microsoft Search clients, connectors, and UX customization. Please let us know what you think!

1. Improve Country list in Bookmarks

The country list for bookmarks is currently based on the Bing Marketplace values, but this list of countries is limited. Sourcing the country list from Azure Active Directory would provide a much more comprehensive list to choose from.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow adminstrators to manage Microsoft Search through PowerShell and APIs

While the search adminstration tasks all have import and export options, they currently require an administrator to sit in front of the admin center and complete them manually. As far as I can tell there are no PowerShell modules or REST APIs that allow you to update things like bookmarks, acronyms Q&As and locations programatically. Please add these options in order to allow us to automate some parts of the management.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Extend Bing Search into more O365 Apps

I find this new Bing Search in the new Edge version 79 just gorgeous - what a great help in my daily work.

Currently the Bing Search gives me results from People, Sites, Files, Teams, and Yammer.

Do I assume correctly that the search will expand into all Office 365 apps? I am especially looking for seeing results from Outlook, Sway, Stream, Flow, Forms, OneNote, and Planner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow content to be pulled through from other services

For example we have a Knowledge base built in wordpress. It would be helpful if we could pull this content into Microsoft search results. This would give us a uniform location for users to search for help topics relating to our workplace.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When searching in the Outlook client (or on the web), the forward/reply icons disappear

When searching in the Outlook client (or on the web), the forward/reply icons disappear. Can it be updated so that when a search is done, the forward/reply icon is still showing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. to portect children in the naghborhood arcade

I would like to open a small arcade in my neighborhood to keeping safe from trouble. and help counsel children on bulling situations and other

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase SharePoint Online index

The SharePoint Online search crawler currently has a 10,000 unique word limit per file in a library. This limit can run out quickly if a file contains lots of unique strings, and sometimes within the first 10 pages of a document. It would be useful to be able to expand this limit so large documents can be store, and importantly have their contents searchable using the site search function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quick search for filename patterns

There are tools like "Everything", "Locate32" which find every file in a local NTFS drive within a second by using the NTFS-MFT. Please integrate a feature like this an Windows 10 Clients as well as in Windows 10 fileserver!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a professional Search App for Windows

Windows XP had this "expert" view for Explorer search. One could decide to search within Filenames or content by unsing different forms. Nowadays all options/filters are hidden and nobody knows them.
    Please provide a better GUI or a professional looking search app, so no all users wanting a good search have to install 3rd party tools and one doesn't have to search for docs before searching for files ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)