Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Business Center

outlook 365 not able to add new connected account. Please don't remove the option of connectign new accounts.

outlook 365 not able to add new connected account. Please don't remove the option of connecting new accounts.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andre LeRoux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The connected accounts feature helps us, as Microsoft partners, transition those clients that are stuck using personal accounts such as @yahoo and @aol.com accounts.

We are able to leverage this technology to smoothly transition these clients into O365. This was provided Microsoft with extra seats being sold.

With removing this feature, you have our hands tied and we are struggling to find another solution. We may have to check the available services over on Google. I believe they still have connected accounts available.

The removal of this seeks extremely backwards and looking at this with a narrow vision. Look at the big picture!!! There are advantages to keeping this service.

• Linda Rahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you going backwards? I began using Outlook many, many years ago and was ecstatic when Office 365 was announced and began using it immediately. Finally, everything I needed in one place, anywhere! Now, I am pretty much back to where I was before Office 365. I have multiple email accounts, including several AOL accounts, that I need to use in one application. AOL does NOT support forwarding so there is no way to receive my AOL email through Office 365 without the connected accounts. I can add all my email accounts to my desktop Outlook on ALL of my computers and ALL of my devices, which is very time consuming, but that still doesn't give me web based access anywhere. It also makes my desktop Outlook more cluttered and confusing to keep it all organized. Please revive the connected accounts option or add a new way to add accounts. Don't punish your users for choosing Microsoft instead of another provider.

• Thomas Schwaack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently think of going away from office 365 because this feature will be not supported in the future. We really would appreciate that this decisonwill be withdrawn.

Feedback and Knowledge Base