Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Business Center

outlook 365 not able to add new connected account. Please don't remove the option of connectign new accounts.

outlook 365 not able to add new connected account. Please don't remove the option of connecting new accounts.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alessandro abram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Son ststo 8 mesi per riuscire a farlo, ovvero i tecnici ms son stati 8 mesi per risolver il problema: alla fine il problema era che tale funzionalità era disponibile su un datacenter ma non su un altro, per cui quando lo facevo per un utente funzionava e per un altro no.

• Tim Haslett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were using the Connected Accounts feature to retrieve voice mail messages for users that are away from their desk for long periods of time. Now that the feature is gone, we have to use the Mail app on iOS devices to retrieve the messages. We can't use the mail app on Android, because the voice mail server does not respond correctly for it to complete the account setup, so those users are out of luck. Our only other option is to spend A LOT of money on upgrading our phone system. Please replace this feature with something that can retrieve these voice mail messages!

• Nicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

La scelta di togliere questa funzione è a mio avviso infelice, era una delle funzioni migliori e che rendeva il prodotto appetibile.

• Andre LeRoux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The connected accounts feature helps us, as Microsoft partners, transition those clients that are stuck using personal accounts such as @yahoo and @aol.com accounts.

We are able to leverage this technology to smoothly transition these clients into O365. This was provided Microsoft with extra seats being sold.

With removing this feature, you have our hands tied and we are struggling to find another solution. We may have to check the available services over on Google. I believe they still have connected accounts available.

The removal of this seeks extremely backwards and looking at this with a narrow vision. Look at the big picture!!! There are advantages to keeping this service.

• Linda Rahm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you going backwards? I began using Outlook many, many years ago and was ecstatic when Office 365 was announced and began using it immediately. Finally, everything I needed in one place, anywhere! Now, I am pretty much back to where I was before Office 365. I have multiple email accounts, including several AOL accounts, that I need to use in one application. AOL does NOT support forwarding so there is no way to receive my AOL email through Office 365 without the connected accounts. I can add all my email accounts to my desktop Outlook on ALL of my computers and ALL of my devices, which is very time consuming, but that still doesn't give me web based access anywhere. It also makes my desktop Outlook more cluttered and confusing to keep it all organized. Please revive the connected accounts option or add a new way to add accounts. Don't punish your users for choosing Microsoft instead of another provider.

• Thomas Schwaack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We currently think of going away from office 365 because this feature will be not supported in the future. We really would appreciate that this decisonwill be withdrawn.

Feedback and Knowledge Base