Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Business Center

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Have a specific place for comments relating to different office products

When I am doing searches in File Explorer,: I usually only want to do a search on the folder I'm looking at, not everything becaues that takes such long time.

2 suggestions: either have a setting for "All" or "Current" or just set it to search "Current" and select for "All".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audit Log is missing logging adding Everyone except external users to a SharePoint library

When a the "user" of Everyone except external users is added to a SharePoint library, the audit log is not logging the Activity of Shared file, folder or site.

If Everyone except external users is removed from a library, the audit log is logging the activity of Unshared file, folder or site.

This is more of a bug than an enhancement request. I've tested this across different libraries and sites and the results are always the same.
    This become problematic from a compliance perspective because I can't say...here's who did it and when

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ServiceNow Links do not properly function in PPT, Excel and Word

When you click on a ServiceNow link in Powerpoint, Word and Excel it will take you to the main page of ServiceNow i.s.o. going to the link's destination. One can only access the links by coping them and pasting them in the browser.

The issue does not include Outlook. From there is it possible to navigate directly to a ServiceNow link destination.

As confirmed by ServiceNow team lead in my company, it is an issue on Microsoft's side.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tamil Language Support

As a corporate customer, I would be delighted when complete outlook is in Tamil, as this is one of the oldest adn spoken across many countries, I think there is huge community across India/Tamilnadu who has been using the outlook as the primary mailbox

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Microsoft Edge sync for Business Essentials users

I'm a subscribed to the Business Essentials plan and was excited for Microsoft Edge to come to iOS and macOS. However, I noticed that Microsoft Edge doesn't support synchronization across devices on the Business Essentials plan.

According to Microsoft Support, you need to have at least the E3 plan (20$ per month) to get sync to work.

I don't get why? My personal account (an old email address) can sync for free, so why does a paying customer not get this basic function?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. outlook calendar room scheduler with delegates, declined room stays in calendar entry

A declined location by associated delegate from a new meeting calendar entry stays in the meeting entry, sometimes the recipients get a declined email, sometimes they don't, normally the host is the only one to get a declined email. The declined location remains in the calendar entry even though it was declined, the other meeting recipients have no clue that the room is being used for other purposes (hence the whole purpose of having a delegate) Microsoft support says this is by design. Can you name me one good reason why if a delegate declines a room that the room…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We need to have the option to change the name a guest user used in order to log in to a teams meeting

We need to have the option to change the name a guest user used in order to log in to a teams meeting from the admin center of office.com and from the teams settings, as well. We need to be able to change the name during a meeting and after a meeting has ended. For now these options are missing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable Defender Tamper Control through Powershell

Let us enable Tamper Control through Powershell.
    Not all companies have Intune license or Intune setup ok.

Don’t ever hold back on management through Powershell, let management through Powershell always be possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Latest Office Updates Broke Named Range References in Excel

I was directed here by Microsoft Support agent to post my issue for wider visibility.

I use Named Ranges in my spreadsheet to create drop down lists. One of the latest updates that was automatically applied broke the usage of these named references. I could not even manually enter them. It only accepts absolute cell references. Rolling back to last update in February fixed the problem for me but I am hoping that this will get fixed soon so I can turn office updates back on again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For students who have Chromebooks and Office 365 - allow an option to log into Azure for the full Office online to finish Office classes

For students who have Chromebooks and Office 365 - allow an option to log into Azure for the full Office online to finish Office classes online. Students had already signed up for an inclass Office class. Now, they only have access to a Chromebook and the online version of Office 365. A lot of the features they need to learn are not available to them. Is there a way to host these students online with a full version of Word, Excel and PowerPoint , Access on Azure virtually? No cost during the Covid school closures? I have about 20 students…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office 365 Business – Outlook – Calendar- I have experienced many frustrations and problems trying to setup Conference Room Calendars i.e. P

Office 365 Business – Outlook – Calendar- I have experienced many frustrations and problems trying to setup Conference Room Calendars i.e.
    Please contact me if you would like to see my screen or have suggestions
    Please reference Microsoft Support Case ( # 19344020 )
    It appears that many of the functions are not connected or mapped completely. I will attempt to list the problems I have experienced:
    1. When creating more than one room calendar – none of them are created the same:
    a. Cannot find them with the Room locator cannot
    b. Unable to share the calendar
    i. Unable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. calendar - booking recurring appointments.

I would like the default of "end on" to "no end date". I own a house cleaning business. Most of our clients are recurring for years. We started noticing that a random client would disapear from the calendar. I took us a while to notice that MS 365 programed all recurring appts to end at about 6 mo. This default has cost us!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow multiple onmicrosoft.com domains works with AAD but not in Office365

I have domain1.onmicrosoft.com registered in my current subscription. But as part of our busniess expansion, we had acquired and created a global domains and unable to add domain2.onmicrosoft.com or globaldomain.onmicrosoft.com.

Request for you to include ability.

Additionally, i can add a new directory - domain2.onmicrosoft.com in Azure Active Directory Directory, but it is not allowed in Office365 Subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable signature in Microsoft Teams

It would be nice to be able to add my signature to Teams meeting-invitation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add field "Name on behalf" when set up a new payment method with bank account

When adding new payment method with bank account in Office 365 Admin Center, there is usually one field for "Account owner", which usual is the company. In the next step in the direct debit mandate a person should sign this. So there should be another field "Name who signs" the transaction, because a person signs the transaction and not the company it self.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Android OneDrive - File upload from phone

Android
    It would be helpful if the last storage location were repeatedly suggested when uploading multiple files from the mobile phone. Even with multiple OneDrive accounts. Favorites would also be great.
    Thank you and happy work ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bad Transition from Skype to Teams Leaving Small Business Hanging

I will say this, I am very disappointed that Microsoft did not bridge the access with Skype and Teams Live Meeting. That was under the table and the fact none of us knew and could find it tells me it was not done above board. That is a concern. We bought and renewed under one license, Business Premium 365, and then it changed. But, that just puts more money in the pocket of Microsoft to the detriment of small business owners like my partner and me.

Now, when most businesses have to work from home is a real gut punch…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MS Bookings - Multiple Required Staff

Allow a service to be required with minimum required staff - for example we are looking to use this to allow candidates to book interviews. We only want the booking form to see a bookable timeslot if all members of the panel are available, currently they can see any timeslot where one of the members is available to book.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Business Center

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base