Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Purchase Order Option should be added to track all processes of a buy/sellcycle

You have options to 'Sell' items only, however this is not the full picture of what is required to make a sale. 3 steps should be included: Estimates - PURCHASE ORDERS - Invoice.
    Example: If I am buying an item from a supplier to fulfill an order for a client, I need to generate a Purchase Order after I receive the suppliers estimate. This tells them I want to buy the items on estimate. I will then sell these items to a client and generate an Invoice for payment. You should add a Purchasing Option so the entire purchasing/selling pipeline…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Microsoft Invoicing for Indian Customers

We have a strong interest in taking your service for our businesses in India. Requesting you to allow the use of this app for Indian users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You have to be able to add text to line items to individually show what the variable line item is for. (I. E. Usage fee "John doe hire".)

You have to be able to add text to line items to individually show what the variable line item is for. (I. E. Usage fee "John doe hire".)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Just for clarification, I assume that you mean a separate field to store the more elaborate description, and not just more space in the current description field?
    Today, you can write descriptions of each line item as part of the description field, such as “Usage fee for having John around for an hour”. But if I understand you correctly, you have a need for something like “John’s services” and then “Lawn mowing” versus “Cleaning the roof”. Is that correctly understood? If so, you might want to create separate prices (lines) for “John cutting the lawn” and “John cleaning the roof” plus an entry for “Usage fee”. Would that make sense?

Thanks!

4. Deduction of Deposits

Team,

I have just transitioned from a 3PP invoicing app to Invoicing.

My desire is two fold. First, I’d like to have a way to send a customer an invoice that shows when a deposit has been made and then the remaining balance.

Second, a way to send an invoice that has been paid and have the invoice show this paid status.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Invoice pricing from SharePoint, OneDrive: Excel

When creating an invoice or estimate, it would be great if prices could be linked to an Office document such as Excel from SharePoint, OneDrive, or Excel. Maintaining a static list of prices is time intensive, and prone to error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. TDS refund procedure

There is no online help or documentation on how to get TDS Tax refund. We suggest to make it a standard procedure.

Currently it is very cumbersome through your online support as they do not provide support for billing/invoicing for India. The Indian accounts support on telephone does not raise a ticket for TDS issues. Also there must be email/chat contact for India billing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Line Item Categories

Love the app. I think it has a lot of potential, but somethings holding me back from using it full time.

An explainer: I'm the owner of a video production company. A lot of our costs go into labor (via independent contractors), equipment rentals, miscellaneous production & admin costs. I could really use the ability to sort out different services into categories when creating the estimate, for the client to easily digest. A sub-total feature for each category would be great too. Thanks again!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Testing the feature for Testlio

Testing the feature for Testlio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See a summary of monthly totals in invoicing app

See a summary of monthly totals in invoicing app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a notification that tells people that if they change from CC payment to invoice payment, they can't switch back with out new sub.

When you change your payment method from CC to Invoice, it does not warn you that you will have to buy a completely new subscription if you want to change back. This can cause extreme problems for customers when it comes to the billing implications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Overdue

Hi there

It would be really good if you could send an overdue reminder of an invoice.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We’re planning to make it possible to send your customers a reminder to pay the remaining amount. This will become available next year.

14. Help me get signed in!!!

It would be more helpful if I could actually sign in

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having troubles signing in. to help us investigate this, can you share with us if you are trying to log in with a work or school account and not a personal email account?

15. Include in Office 365 business essentials

Would be awesome if Invoicing was made available to Business Essentials subscriptions as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Microsoft Invoicing is indeed currently available to customers who have an Office 365 Business Premium subscription. We do not currently plan to make the app available in other subscriptions.

16. enter bank detail for BACS payments

Similar to the section you have for Paypal allow settings to include bank details so these get printed on invoices.
    Similarly - instructions for cheques.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Made for the iPad Pro

Can you optimize the Invoicing app for the iPad Pro? Would like to use it but not on a small device like the iPhone. Would get a lot more use of the app on the iPad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. By allowing the use of my personal outlook account.

Instead of only using 365, it would be nice to use my outlook account to login and use invoicing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feedback taken  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Other emails!

I need invoice app and I don't have microsoft 365 account! I have microsoft account with my yahoo mail! What should i do?!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base