Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. let me see the payments I've made within hours, not weeks (ref. case #12292597)

I paid for Office 365 several weeks ago, but there was no record of the payment on my MS account, only on my bank statements.

Apparently I need to wait for the billing cycle to end, then for it to be a week day.

Crazy that I have to look up my MS payments with my bank, not with MS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it available in Austria!!

We realy need this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. offer full accounting software like Quickbooks or Sage 50 and integrate with Office 365

offer full service accounting software with office 365. AR, AP, Inventory, Chart of Accounts, etc!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use total payments when calculating threshold for invoiced payments.

I have around 50 Office365 for Business and Essentials licenses which are paid by invoice. I also have a smaller number of Skype for Business and Exchange Online licenses which are paid by Credit Card. I would like to amalgamate all the payments to invoicing. But invoiced payment is currently not available for the Skype and Exchange bills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Microsoft Invoicing to Business Premium Plan

Currently i do not have access to MS Invoice with my Business Premium Plan. Requesting you to please add it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Ink Editor on Microsoft Word for Macbook Pro (Non Touch)?

The Ink Editor feature for MS Word is only available for the touch tablets or IPADs. I think this feature should be allowed on MS Word installations so that we can use this great feature by connecting the laptops with WACOM like tablets.
    I am using MacBook Pro and I find Draw tab (Ink Editor) missing and also I am using the WACOM tablet also. This feature powers Trainers like me to have a webinar with clients, using the power of MS Office tools. Otherwise it;s frustrating to switch tabs and sometimes things go out of context.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Purchase Order Option should be added to track all processes of a buy/sellcycle

You have options to 'Sell' items only, however this is not the full picture of what is required to make a sale. 3 steps should be included: Estimates - PURCHASE ORDERS - Invoice.
    Example: If I am buying an item from a supplier to fulfill an order for a client, I need to generate a Purchase Order after I receive the suppliers estimate. This tells them I want to buy the items on estimate. I will then sell these items to a client and generate an Invoice for payment. You should add a Purchasing Option so the entire purchasing/selling pipeline…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deduction of Deposits

Team,

I have just transitioned from a 3PP invoicing app to Invoicing.

My desire is two fold. First, I’d like to have a way to send a customer an invoice that shows when a deposit has been made and then the remaining balance.

Second, a way to send an invoice that has been paid and have the invoice show this paid status.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Invoice pricing from SharePoint, OneDrive: Excel

When creating an invoice or estimate, it would be great if prices could be linked to an Office document such as Excel from SharePoint, OneDrive, or Excel. Maintaining a static list of prices is time intensive, and prone to error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TDS refund procedure

There is no online help or documentation on how to get TDS Tax refund. We suggest to make it a standard procedure.

Currently it is very cumbersome through your online support as they do not provide support for billing/invoicing for India. The Indian accounts support on telephone does not raise a ticket for TDS issues. Also there must be email/chat contact for India billing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Line Item Categories

Love the app. I think it has a lot of potential, but somethings holding me back from using it full time.

An explainer: I'm the owner of a video production company. A lot of our costs go into labor (via independent contractors), equipment rentals, miscellaneous production & admin costs. I could really use the ability to sort out different services into categories when creating the estimate, for the client to easily digest. A sub-total feature for each category would be great too. Thanks again!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Invoicing to work with Quickbooks accounts without VAT registration

The need for Invoicing to be able to work for businesses that are not VAT registered has been explained in other posts. However, I have found a new showstopper - Invoicing won't connect with a QuickBooks account that is not set up for VAT. This is a nonsense - Invoicing seems to be aimed at smaller business and many will be below the VAT threshold. I wonder if the Invoicing development team (assuming there still is one as nothing seems to be happening) appreciate that many businesses do not have to apply VAT.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but thank you for your suggestion!
    We do have an active development team for Invoicing, and your suggestion has just been added to their backlog. We’ll get someone to look into this very soon, and hopefully we’ll get this out in an update within too long.

Thanks!

16. Testing the feature for Testlio

Testing the feature for Testlio

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See a summary of monthly totals in invoicing app

See a summary of monthly totals in invoicing app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a notification that tells people that if they change from CC payment to invoice payment, they can't switch back with out new sub.

When you change your payment method from CC to Invoice, it does not warn you that you will have to buy a completely new subscription if you want to change back. This can cause extreme problems for customers when it comes to the billing implications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Overdue

Hi there

It would be really good if you could send an overdue reminder of an invoice.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We’re planning to make it possible to send your customers a reminder to pay the remaining amount. This will become available next year.

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Feedback and Knowledge Base