Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Consolidate / aggregate each month's invoices into one

Each month we get multiple invoices, each of which has to be recorded in our accounting system, paid, reconciled and reported for VAT purposes. Please find a way of sending a single invoice each month with one line item per service, and taking one payment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow invoices to be sent to custom email address

Hi,

please allow sending the invoices to other email addresses than the admins. e.g. accounting@tennantdomain.com. Usually the admins are tech people and they are not working in accounting.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cant login if you have personal and busines

Unable to login to invoicing because i have both personal and business account on the same email address. Having the app use modern login would vastly improve this as the. I can choose my business account to operate this app. Unavailable to me and now i have to use third party software

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support modern authentication

My Office 365 account and my Microsoft account use the same email. This is normally not an issue with any other app, I simply get the modern authentication prompt and specify which account I want to use. Microsoft invoicing instead just ignores that and tells me I can’t login with my personal account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! You’re right that Microsoft Invoicing has a dependency on your Office 365 work or school account, and that you cannot log in with your personal account. But you have a good point about the experience, so we’ll take a look at what we can do to make it easier for you going forward.

5. put the date format as UK - invoicing is useless unless this is fixed.

Please make it possible to put the invoice date as UK - as we'd like to use this but can't if it is a USA date form.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Edge browser unable to print background graphics

While all other browsers are able to print background graphics, Edge is lacking this simple feature. Main reason for this request is: We created a spfx Sharepoint webpart to export lists in a nice template. If we want to print this html export from Edge then the colors and background are gone. Therefore we use Chrome because Edge lacks this option. Seems like a quick win for the Edge browser to support this!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow option to add late fee percent if not paid

Would be great to allow a late fee (e.g. 1.5%) to the invoice when payment is not received. Then we can manually resend the invoice with the updated amount each term (e.g. NET 30). It might be best to not have it automatically do this because we may forget to mention that we received payment by check in the mail...

Or can this all be done manually? I imagine there would need to be enough flexibility with the invoice document to include a late fee and a new date...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. adding a reference field for invoicing

It would be a nice idea to have a reference field for the invoices. One issue i have had from my clients when I have invoiced is that they are not always aware of what job the invoice relates to. Currently I am adding it into the customer notes section which appears at the bottom of the invoice which is not really ideal.

Thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Invoice Companies as well as individuals

Although we are a small business, virtually all our clients are major corporates - the fact that we cannot add the Company name to the Contact and Invoice is a major weakness. Until this is resolved and the issue of BACS payment details is sorted we will not be able to use Invoicing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow copying an Invoice

Allow us to copy an invoice that has been sent, paid, or cancelled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. tax number

I found your product interesting but unfortunately, it seems that we can't enter 2 differents tax numbers ; which is required on each invoice in Quebec, Canada.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrate invoide with flow

Enable flow to do things like creation of estimates and draft or send invoices as a flow from other events.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We’ve added it to the list of things to consider for a future update since workflows like the ones you describe are relevant to several businesses.

13. Allow for a custom template

I want to be able to adjust what the customer sees when receiving an invoice. Allow for an esthetical change. Also, allow for the proper categories for the specific business

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft should not increase non-profit prices dramatically and without notice

We as a non-profit organisation recently received a greater than 50% increase in the price of our subscription without any notice.
    1) Microsoft should recognise that most non-profit organisations are focused on delivering their benefits and such a dramatic price increase has an impact on this
    2) As a very minimum there should be considerable (6 months?) notice of price increases, with the option to cancel subscriptions without penalty, so non-profit organisations can plan accordingly

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let customers changes credit cards from different countries

I have a business account with a credit card from Hong Kong. I want to shift to a credit card from Sweden. The only way I can do that is to end my account and start a new one. It may somehow be related to the users being in China, but I don't know. In any case it's a typical example of how a company's internal organization carries over to a customer, for whom there is no logic to this. I think Microsoft should figure out internally how to move accounts between accounting units in the company, and not bother…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Able to use "Tab" in Microsoft Excel Online also in Microsoft Teams

Be able to use Tab to navigate through Microsoft Excel Online and also Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. put the date format as UK - invoicing is useless unless this is fixed.

Please make it possible to put the invoice date as UK - as we'd like to use this but can't if it is a USA date form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Setup automatically invoice payment reminder

We need a feature to submit invoice payment reminders to the clients if the invoice has not been paid on the due date. The feature should allow us how often the reminder should be sent and the criticality level. For example if the client didn’t pay on the due date system automatically submit a friendly reminder. The vendor can provide a new date for payment and if accepted by us it will show the new date as per client request with history. If the client doesn’t pay by the new due date another friendly reminder would be submitted. We can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Feedback and Knowledge Base