Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

Allow for Deleting a Cancelled Invoice

Cancelled Invoice stay forever right now. There should be an option to delete. Also cancelled invoice appear in the Dashboard along with all other invoices which doesn't make sense.

35 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TessW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree with this, there needs to be an option to delete cancelled invoices. There is no point in keeping them or even the line items in them that have been reformatted.

• Nikki A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same boat as everyone else. While learning the new application I created test invoices that I can't delete now. Please add the ability to delete an invoice.

• PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As with the others on the forum, I've got several test invoices, test customers and test product lines that need to be deleted but can't because they are being used in my canceled test invoices. This is a mess and I had no idea when I wanted to take this app for a test drive that I couldn't undo any of it.

Please add the ability to delete these.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree. This is a needed feature. I too created a bunch of test invoices before integrating into my business. Seeing all these test invoices, even if they are cancelled is annoying.

• jim@jbmtransportllc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely need this. Like the others, I wanted to play with the app before actually using it for my customers. Not knowing, I wouldn't be able to delete them, I made a bunch of test invoices and now I have test products that don't exist and customers that don't exist and I cannot delete them because they are in an existing invoice and my dashboard is messed up.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow this for the admin of the site. I setup a few test invoices to see how this worked. Now I can't delete pricing components because they say they are included in an existing invoice (the cancelled ones!!!).

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES PLEASE ALLOW THIS (in caps). I'm learning how to use this app and setup a bunch of test invoices and now my dashboard is a mess. I'm on with a nice gentleman at microsoft support and he is trying to figure it out but it doesn't sound easy (or intuitive). Let's please make this easier. I'm so excited for this functionality but my production site is my playground so we need the ability to do some test "hygiene."

Feedback and Knowledge Base