Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

Allow different currencies

It would be good to be able to choose the invoice currency when creating an invoice. As Invoicing uses PayPal as its payment mechanism and PayPal is built to handle any currency, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Without this feature, we can only use Invoicing for domestic business, which greatly reduces its usefulness.

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  Office 365 Small Business Team responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback! We’re thinking about supporting multiple currencies, but for the time being, you can only invoice your customers in your own currency. However, they can then pay PayPal in their own currency, so you can have customers outside your own country.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Likewise, really need to invoice in euros but everything is set to pounds which isn't accepted by our customer.

I'd like to see this also. The PayPal 'workaround' isn't useful at all. I need to send invoices for professional services worldwide in multiple languages and currencies.

Zervant offer this service for free, I was exploring moving my invoicing to O365 as I already pay for it but without this it's useless.

• Michael Rosenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be simple: in the payments section of the settings function, we have the option to enter different payment instructions. Just let us select which instruction to use when creating each invoice rather than make one of them a default. For international users trading in different currencies, if we don't have this functionality then the entire App is completely useless.

• Thomas Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a translator, I have clients all across the globe. At least for European clients, invoicing them in their local currency is absolutely paramount. The PayPal workaround is useless to me because a) PayPal currency conversion rates are abysmally bad compared to banks, and b) I would add the whole new hassle of having to manually stay on top of daily current rates to adjust and convert my unit pricing.
    Lastly, it is kind of ironic to point to PayPal as a "workaround" when PayPal itself offers relatively sophisticated SMB invoicing features.

Invoicing from within Office would have been the USP that would have made me buy a 365 subscription, until I can use it with different currencies I will stick with my "local" non-subscription Office installation.

• John Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a required feature, your workaround of using PayPal is not sufficient as I need the invoice to be issued in the customers currency. Not for example invoiced in GDP and then converted to say USD. If the contract is for a set USD amount that is what I need to bill in.

Unusable without multi currency invoicing. We trade globally and with different legal entities that trade and invoice in different currencies. This is basic and completely hobbles the tool without it.

• Cristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered that the multi-currency invoicing feature is not available in MS Invoicing. Unbelievable! Why. on the other hand, in the Business Centre Settings, you can select any currency, if it is not taken over in the Invoice too??? This really needs to be updated, it's completely ridiculous and there can't be a logic reason behind the lack of this feature. thank you.

Hi there, it would be great to add this. I need to be able to invoice in different currencies and would prefer to use Business center. I won't until this feature is added.

Would it be possible to add in a feature where I can track/log my accounts payable side of the business?

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have the same issue as the OP. Paypal is not an ideal way for my business to operate.I am now looking at alternative software to invoice which is unfortunate as I really thought Office 365 was going to be a complete solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base