Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

Allow invoice number to be changed

I would like to use this service but I haven't been able to find a way to edit the invoice number assigned to the invoice meaning that my test invoice starts at 1. However this is not a new business so I already have invoices up to a certain number so would need to be able to change the invoice number to reflect that. I also have some regular clients who I have assigned a range of invoice numbers to which means my invoices aren't always sequential so I would need to be able to edit the invoice number for every invoice.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Drew Keavey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MAX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the same issue ... It will be interesting not to update each invoice but to configure the starting invoice number ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Invoicing programs allow changing the invoice number. One good reason is a paper invoice may have been issued or an invoice from another platform may have been issued and have the ability to change the invoice number is important for me. It would be helpful to be able to change the start number so I can continue the order. I was hoping to start using MS Invoicing January 1st, 2018

Feedback and Knowledge Base