Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

Allow unit price to be excl. VAT

Unit price is shown inclusive of VAT but invoice should have ability to show prices exclusive too. Column in sent invoice for unit price doesn't indicate that price is inclusive. Simple solution is for unit price to be exclusive and Line Amount is inclusive.
More flexible solution is to have option to show unit and line item as inclusive or exclusive and ensure column header indicates incl. or excl.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Kernick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only chose the office 365 option on my go daddy subscription so that i could use the invoicing system, but as the other comments have said this invoice system without the ability to separate the VAT element is not fit for purpose in the UK. I am shocked that this hasn't been incorporated and annoyed that I have now have a system I opted and paid for is useless to me and my business. Please address this issue with the utmost urgency, if you wish to regain customer confidence in your product.

Hi Small Business Team,

Are you any closer to implementing the idea and a comments from other users? They are all absolutely correct and you need to do this ASAP if you want UK users to use this service. People will know soon that the service is not fit for purpose in the UK if you do not resolve the issue soon.

We need:

Net Total £100
    VAT @ 20% £20
    Total including VAT £120

This is a real problem in the UK as most customers wish to see day rate or unit price exclusive of VAT followed by the quantity and the total - one times the other. Then at the foot, the VAT rate applied with a subtotal for VAT applied to the subtotal of the invoice lines and a grand total being the sum of the two. Most packages do it this way and most customers will not accept a VAT inclusive line item with no exclusive rate shown.

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also what I have been asking Customer services, In business to business you don't show prices with VAT, or at least one column without VAT. My customers wont accept it as they would have to deduct the VAT to see the true cost.

Feedback and Knowledge Base