Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft Invoicing?

Enable Invoice Updating and Reissuing to Include Registered Payments

Right now you can register payments received after initial invoice send, but you cannot issue an updated invoice reflecting the balance owed after accounting for said payments.

This seems like it would be basic functionality in an invoicing system: The ability to generate on-demand invoices reflecting the current balance of account and any payments made to date.

30 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
tell us more  ·  Office 365 Small Business Team responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback! If we read it correctly, you’re asking for the ability to issue reminders to your customers that they still owe an outstanding amount. Is that correctly understood?

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Mary has stated when partial payment are made and a balance is still due. It shows a outstanding balance due in red, and we are suppose to be able to resend invoice to customer with all the partial payment made, and the amount past due.
    It's a big BUG!

• Peter Simons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Each time you place an order you get an invoice monthly for THAT order. Better reschedule and get them all at once in one invoice and pay once. Lot of admin now.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this one. It is basic functionality. I created a $100 invoice for a workshop and then registered a $30 payment since the future attendee had paid the $30 deposit. I see in their invoice that the system recognizes they now only owe $70 but yet even if I manually re-send the invoice, the attendee is still prompted to pay the full $100. This seems like a bug.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What we need is to RESEND the invoice to the customer confirming the full payment or partial payment, saying " PAID" or PAID AND PENDING X AMOUNT.

Feedback and Knowledge Base