Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow discount description.

On the discount line there needs to be an option of listing the reason for the discount.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Just for clarification, do you mean space for an extra description next to the discount, or a separate line below or above?

2. Allow Microsoft Invoicing for Indian Customers

We have a strong interest in taking your service for our businesses in India. Requesting you to allow the use of this app for Indian users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification of Price Increases

Notify users of any planned increase of price via email.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Invoice Companies as well as individuals

Although we are a small business, virtually all our clients are major corporates - the fact that we cannot add the Company name to the Contact and Invoice is a major weakness. Until this is resolved and the issue of BACS payment details is sorted we will not be able to use Invoicing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send Invoice from a Shared Mailbox

Instead of sending invoices from a user account, I would like to send from a shared mailbox so that I can scale my accounts receivable team up as necessary. This is also important as our "billing" shared mailbox is an important part of our communication branding for B2B clients.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to change line item fields.

The ability to change the heading and/or meaning of each column in line items.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but thank you for your suggestion!
    You’re not the first to ask for this, and we’re still thinking about adding it in a later update if interest increases.

8. Creating user groups for inovicing

Invoicing allows for the creation of users but not a way to group them or manage them under an umbrella. It would be nice to be able to group users together and apply templates, settings, etc. for those users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow business centre to be used in France!!

allow business premium users to use business centre in France. After all thats why I signed up for using business premium only to find I couldnt use it.. very dissapointing.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow invoices to be sent to custom email address

Hi,

please allow sending the invoices to other email addresses than the admins. e.g. accounting@tennantdomain.com. Usually the admins are tech people and they are not working in accounting.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add to the Enterprise Offerings

This seems like a great product to add to the Enterprise offerings not just Business Premium

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Microsoft Invoicing is currently available only for Business Premium, but we might reconsider if more people like you are interested in Enterprise plans.

12. You have to be able to add text to line items to individually show what the variable line item is for. (I. E. Usage fee "John doe hire".)

You have to be able to add text to line items to individually show what the variable line item is for. (I. E. Usage fee "John doe hire".)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! Just for clarification, I assume that you mean a separate field to store the more elaborate description, and not just more space in the current description field?
    Today, you can write descriptions of each line item as part of the description field, such as “Usage fee for having John around for an hour”. But if I understand you correctly, you have a need for something like “John’s services” and then “Lawn mowing” versus “Cleaning the roof”. Is that correctly understood? If so, you might want to create separate prices (lines) for “John cutting the lawn” and “John cleaning the roof” plus an entry for “Usage fee”. Would that make sense?

Thanks!

13. Allow Integration with Xero

You have integration with Quickbooks. Integration with Xero would be nice as well. Xero and Office 365 already play pretty nice together. Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deduction of Deposits

Team,

I have just transitioned from a 3PP invoicing app to Invoicing.

My desire is two fold. First, I’d like to have a way to send a customer an invoice that shows when a deposit has been made and then the remaining balance.

Second, a way to send an invoice that has been paid and have the invoice show this paid status.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow me access

When I try to sign in I get a message that this application is only for office 365 but I have this at business premium level so why cant I get in?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,
    Microsoft Invoicing and the rest of Business Premium is still in preview to a limited number of users. We’ll be generally available soon, so stay tuned!

16. Allow invoices to be saved without sending

Invoice cannot be moved out of draft without sending email; for some clients I need to invoice differently but still track so would be useful to be able to save invoice out of draft state without sending an email and then use to track payments.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but thank you for sharing your scenarios with us! We’re thinking about a possible solution for both scenarios, but specifically for your needs, would it be good enough if you could generate the PDF file on your computer and send that?

17. Itd be great to show contacts as customers in Invoicing.

it seems theres no way to sync my 365 contacts with my invoicing customers even though they are one and the same.
    be great to have that feature or one where invoicing syncs with customer manager as well...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Invoicing to work with Quickbooks accounts without VAT registration

The need for Invoicing to be able to work for businesses that are not VAT registered has been explained in other posts. However, I have found a new showstopper - Invoicing won't connect with a QuickBooks account that is not set up for VAT. This is a nonsense - Invoicing seems to be aimed at smaller business and many will be below the VAT threshold. I wonder if the Invoicing development team (assuming there still is one as nothing seems to be happening) appreciate that many businesses do not have to apply VAT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but thank you for your suggestion!
    We do have an active development team for Invoicing, and your suggestion has just been added to their backlog. We’ll get someone to look into this very soon, and hopefully we’ll get this out in an update within too long.

Thanks!

19. Line Item Categories

Love the app. I think it has a lot of potential, but somethings holding me back from using it full time.

An explainer: I'm the owner of a video production company. A lot of our costs go into labor (via independent contractors), equipment rentals, miscellaneous production & admin costs. I could really use the ability to sort out different services into categories when creating the estimate, for the client to easily digest. A sub-total feature for each category would be great too. Thanks again!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow copying an Invoice

Allow us to copy an invoice that has been sent, paid, or cancelled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base