Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. When I initially signed up for the 365, we discovered I was never activated. Only this evening 01/02/2019 was it discovered that my account

My account was activated on 01/02/2019. Yet, I have already had 2 fees of $8.25 charged to my credit card. I am more than happy to continue this account as I do need these products. However, out of my concern that I have been paying for something I did not get for 3+ months later, I should be compensated somehow at some point for the delay. Please look into my account and reply back to me via e-mail.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to create a master invoice template that can be applied to recipients.

I have a customer looking to create a master invoice template(s) that would apply to specific groups that they are trying to manage. Instead of entering each invoice item line by line, there should be a way to link a recipient to a template.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use total payments when calculating threshold for invoiced payments.

I have around 50 Office365 for Business and Essentials licenses which are paid by invoice. I also have a smaller number of Skype for Business and Exchange Online licenses which are paid by Credit Card. I would like to amalgamate all the payments to invoicing. But invoiced payment is currently not available for the Skype and Exchange bills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple email addresses should be allowed per customer

More than one email address per customer will allow us to send invoice to more than one responsible person of the same invoice instead of creating whole new invoice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft Invoicing API

A lot of Office 365 API are available. Will Microsoft Invoicing have an API.
    At least initially, APIs to change status of an Invoice from Open to Paid will help manage many businesses.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please consider releasing to the rest of us soon.

I have been monitoring this page hoping to see a release date or “hoped for” time frame but haven’t seen one. Any idea how much longer?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your keen interest – we are working to expand our offering to other countries and regions and will share timelines as we get closer to those dates.

7. Enable Invoice Updating and Reissuing to Include Registered Payments

Right now you can register payments received after initial invoice send, but you cannot issue an updated invoice reflecting the balance owed after accounting for said payments.

This seems like it would be basic functionality in an invoicing system: The ability to generate on-demand invoices reflecting the current balance of account and any payments made to date.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! If we read it correctly, you’re asking for the ability to issue reminders to your customers that they still owe an outstanding amount. Is that correctly understood?

8. adding a reference field for invoicing

It would be a nice idea to have a reference field for the invoices. One issue i have had from my clients when I have invoiced is that they are not always aware of what job the invoice relates to. Currently I am adding it into the customer notes section which appears at the bottom of the invoice which is not really ideal.

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Payment Term NET 30 DAYS

I was trying to use the service, but the Term most used with my customers are Net 30 Days but is not available. When I try to update or type the value in the box, the system produces an error message and not allow to continue. Net 30 Days is the payment term most used in my industry. Thanks!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eliminate current expiration policy for communications credits

We use communications credits only for in-bound 1-800 service, of which we have little traffic. I was just informed that my initial purchase of $20, which is the minimum amount I can purchase at a time, expired after 12 months, although I had only used $1.92 of activity in the 12 month period of time. Now in order for my customers to use my 1-800 numbers, I need to buy another $20 credit -- which I will most likely need to forfeit 80% of to Microsoft solely because of the antiquated policy. It's not a lot of money, but it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow entering custom item descriptions (not just on price list)

The requirement to add every invoiced item to the price list makes invoicing unsuitable in scenarios where you're providing a service and your fees will vary with each and every client.

How exactly are you meant to be able to invoice this?

I should be able to create an invoice, add a new item line, and type an arbitrary description and amount, without having to select that from a predefined price list, or add it to such a list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide the option to add a longer description to invoice.

Provide the option to add a larger description to an invoice. So that a business that provides a service can be more descriptive about the work being performed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More information to be added to template

Have the ability to add a greater volume of information to the template and being able to remove lines such as the "make cheques payable".

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add notes field per line item

Add a free from field that allows end user to enter in additional information about the item.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create PowerShell cmdlets to manage invoice PDFs

Hi,
    I think there should exist some cmdlets for us to automate the invoice download using PowerShell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use the date format from settings

The date on invoices is in US format - MM/DD/YY - even though I have my location correctly set as UK. I think is a bug rather than a feature but it needs to be fixed as customers are given a date which can have an impact on when they pay.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A section for BACS details for bank transfer payments

I really want to use MS Invoicing but without this feature it's pointless.

All our clients pay via bank transfer and to not be able to put these on the invoice makes it unusable

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Identification of cancelled invoices on printed invoices

Although on the invoicing list shows the status of the invoice as cancelled, when printing the invoices there is no clear identification showing that the invoice was cancelled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow option to add late fee percent if not paid

Would be great to allow a late fee (e.g. 1.5%) to the invoice when payment is not received. Then we can manually resend the invoice with the updated amount each term (e.g. NET 30). It might be best to not have it automatically do this because we may forget to mention that we received payment by check in the mail...

Or can this all be done manually? I imagine there would need to be enough flexibility with the invoice document to include a late fee and a new date...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multiple notes to contact in outlook customer manager

Bring back multiple notes feature to Outlook customer manager

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)