Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Drop the annual commitment for business users

Many of our small business customers are already resistant to the subscription model and the confusion caused by Microsoft advertising two prices for the same service acts as a barrier to conversion. Monthly licensing has the potential to overcome many objections but not when the additional cost per user is perceived as Microsoft profit gouging. Small businesses are typically very loyal towards their service providers as they often lack the time and expertise to contemplate a migration. Hence I suspect the premium for monthly licensing ends up costing Microsoft more than it generates. Certainly the choice of commitment makes my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Setup automatically invoice payment reminder

We need a feature to submit invoice payment reminders to the clients if the invoice has not been paid on the due date. The feature should allow us how often the reminder should be sent and the criticality level. For example if the client didn’t pay on the due date system automatically submit a friendly reminder. The vendor can provide a new date for payment and if accepted by us it will show the new date as per client request with history. If the client doesn’t pay by the new due date another friendly reminder would be submitted. We can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change Payment Terms for credit card customers.

Currently, if a customer uses a credit card, they are charged the next day. However, the invoice reads, "Payment Terms: Net 30." If a customer pays by check, they get 30 days to pay. Wouldn't it make sense for credit card customers to receive the same courtesy and payment terms? Microsoft's policy is encouraging customers to NOT utilize the auto-payment. I suggest Microsoft give us credit card payers the same terms as check payers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. offer full accounting software like Quickbooks or Sage 50 and integrate with Office 365

offer full service accounting software with office 365. AR, AP, Inventory, Chart of Accounts, etc!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to change Credit Card for annual accounts

I would like to see Office 365 have the ability to update the credit card information for annual accounts. The current process is to cancel the subscription, have the remaining balanced credited, and pay for the new one year term. This is unacceptable to the customer. The solution should just be to update the existing credit card on file without changing the subscription period and charging the credit card. I have never seen this with any other company and find it hard to believe this isn't a solution currently.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timer

Could you PLEASE add a timer that you could just hit start and stop and it would automatically take the time and use your hourly rate and place it on an invoice for you?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. let me see the payments I've made within hours, not weeks (ref. case #12292597)

I paid for Office 365 several weeks ago, but there was no record of the payment on my MS account, only on my bank statements.

Apparently I need to wait for the billing cycle to end, then for it to be a week day.

Crazy that I have to look up my MS payments with my bank, not with MS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for disabling of VAT options

I am not a VAT registered business and, as such, I do not need my invoices cluttered with VAT (indeed, it makes them technically wrong as I have to mark everything as zero-rated to get the numbers right, even though that isn't quite accurate).

I recognise that for many larger businesses VAT is a legal requirement, but maybe this feature could be added with suitable disclaimers to warn unsuspecting users.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this! We will consider adding support for non-VAT registered businesses. In the meanwhile, please contact your accountant to make sure you’re VAT exempt and they might advise about the feasibility of mark your service as zero rated in the app.

10. Consolidate / aggregate each month's invoices into one

Each month we get multiple invoices, each of which has to be recorded in our accounting system, paid, reconciled and reported for VAT purposes. Please find a way of sending a single invoice each month with one line item per service, and taking one payment.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Not Firing Someone

I was fired while my ISP was out over Oct 14/15/ into 16 by Experis wrongfully from a career I looked every day to work! To a call around Oct 27 saying I sent a Non-Admin PII which I can prove I didn't, via ISP and internet and reimaged my laptop on Monday almost the entire day after 9:00 am CST due to no access VP and CMAT which Jason would verify and also sceenshots from VPN not connecting
    Paul Rath 7155703740

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide the option to add a longer description to invoice.

Provide the option to add a larger description to an invoice. So that a business that provides a service can be more descriptive about the work being performed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to edit & update invoices, and have invoices reflect payments customers have made

Some customers make payments. When registering payments, their invoices do not reflect it, which I think should happen automatically. We should be able to re-send the invoice showing the payment deducted from the original amount owed. Why register a payment if it does not show on the invoice? And, because invoices cannot be edited once they are sent, etc., I have to start from scratch to be able to send an invoice with my customer's payments reflected. PLEASE FIX THIS... it is an important feature that needs to be added. Thanks!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. estimates and proposals

Allow project name for estimates not automated numbers. Create better options for proposals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow For Automated Scheduling of Invoice Sends

A feature where you automate the sending of invoices to customers based on a calendar date would be great.

To have real usefulness, this feature would have to be paired with the ability to send updated invoices which include current balance and payments registered after initial invoice send (please see my other idea @ https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/600781-microsoft-invoicing/suggestions/31951579-enable-invoice-updating-and-reissuing-to-include-r )

Some invoices are paid over a period of time e.g. $10k invoice is to be paid in 4 monthly installments of $2,500.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow invoice number to be changed

I would like to use this service but I haven't been able to find a way to edit the invoice number assigned to the invoice meaning that my test invoice starts at 1. However this is not a new business so I already have invoices up to a certain number so would need to be able to change the invoice number to reflect that. I also have some regular clients who I have assigned a range of invoice numbers to which means my invoices aren't always sequential so I would need to be able to edit the invoice number for…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

in the plans  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I initially signed up for the 365, we discovered I was never activated. Only this evening 01/02/2019 was it discovered that my account

My account was activated on 01/02/2019. Yet, I have already had 2 fees of $8.25 charged to my credit card. I am more than happy to continue this account as I do need these products. However, out of my concern that I have been paying for something I did not get for 3+ months later, I should be compensated somehow at some point for the delay. Please look into my account and reply back to me via e-mail.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to create a master invoice template that can be applied to recipients.

I have a customer looking to create a master invoice template(s) that would apply to specific groups that they are trying to manage. Instead of entering each invoice item line by line, there should be a way to link a recipient to a template.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use total payments when calculating threshold for invoiced payments.

I have around 50 Office365 for Business and Essentials licenses which are paid by invoice. I also have a smaller number of Skype for Business and Exchange Online licenses which are paid by Credit Card. I would like to amalgamate all the payments to invoicing. But invoiced payment is currently not available for the Skype and Exchange bills.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple email addresses should be allowed per customer

More than one email address per customer will allow us to send invoice to more than one responsible person of the same invoice instead of creating whole new invoice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base