Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Able to use "Tab" in Microsoft Excel Online also in Microsoft Teams

Be able to use Tab to navigate through Microsoft Excel Online and also Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. put the date format as UK - invoicing is useless unless this is fixed.

Please make it possible to put the invoice date as UK - as we'd like to use this but can't if it is a USA date form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sell Invoicing as a stand-alone add-on license

Rather than selling Invoicing as a Business App within the Business Premium subscription, it should be sold as a separate, stand-alone license. In my case, I have an E3 license. So, in order to be able to get Invoicing, I also have to add a Business Premium license to my account. So, I'm essentially paying for all features except Invoicing twice. $32.50/month for an E3 and Business Premium license.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integration with Outlook Customer Manager

Contacts management should be integrated with Outlook Customer Manager. And Invoicing events and tasks appear in OCM history.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto Reading & Entering Excel Invoices DATA

My Idea is to Link- and Translate each or some cell in the excel invoice into global barcode can be scanned to save time & eliminate human errors while entering data .
    a lot of other features can be added in my mind if you are interested in my ideal
    please contact me
    Mobile or Whats app : 00966563996378
    Via email : mohamed_adel8622@yahoo.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Financial year change to align with actual business needs

I use this for my company, our financial year is not the calendar year but the invoicing tool is already moved into the "next" financial year.... Is this possible to change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Microsoft Invoicing to Business Premium Plan

Currently i do not have access to MS Invoice with my Business Premium Plan. Requesting you to please add it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make invoice details cleaner when changing license quantity

If I add or remove a license in the middle of a billing period the corresponding invoice should simply add one line charging me a prorated amount for the new license or refunding me for the removed license. Currently there are usually at least 4 lines: a charge for the annual amount for the new license total, a refund for the previously paid license amount, and then usually two charge for the prorated amount for the new license total for the amount between billing periods. I shouldn't have to do some complicated equation to verify the bill makes sense. Just…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows 10 Business Activation

Hello,

As an MSP with Microsoft, we are devoted to giving our customers with great service and the best technical support that we can provide them. In any case, there is an issue with trying to activate Windows 10 Business license for M365, there is an environment that we tried to deploy for and it seems that the issues with trying to activate workstations that have Windows 10 Home. The customer had bought a new Microsoft Surface laptop and it had Windows 10 Home, we tried to get it to activate but it seemed that the customer would've had to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Service Dates

Is there any word on adding the option to have separate dates on the invoice...aka service dates. My invoices are for particular months however, I need to show the dates of service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Invoicing to be available for Puerto Rico.

Allow Invoicing to be available for Puerto Rico. It's a large market looking for options besides Quickbooks, Freshbooks or Peachtree.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drop the annual commitment for business users

Many of our small business customers are already resistant to the subscription model and the confusion caused by Microsoft advertising two prices for the same service acts as a barrier to conversion. Monthly licensing has the potential to overcome many objections but not when the additional cost per user is perceived as Microsoft profit gouging. Small businesses are typically very loyal towards their service providers as they often lack the time and expertise to contemplate a migration. Hence I suspect the premium for monthly licensing ends up costing Microsoft more than it generates. Certainly the choice of commitment makes my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Setup automatically invoice payment reminder

We need a feature to submit invoice payment reminders to the clients if the invoice has not been paid on the due date. The feature should allow us how often the reminder should be sent and the criticality level. For example if the client didn’t pay on the due date system automatically submit a friendly reminder. The vendor can provide a new date for payment and if accepted by us it will show the new date as per client request with history. If the client doesn’t pay by the new due date another friendly reminder would be submitted. We can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow different currencies

It would be good to be able to choose the invoice currency when creating an invoice. As Invoicing uses PayPal as its payment mechanism and PayPal is built to handle any currency, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Without this feature, we can only use Invoicing for domestic business, which greatly reduces its usefulness.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We’re thinking about supporting multiple currencies, but for the time being, you can only invoice your customers in your own currency. However, they can then pay PayPal in their own currency, so you can have customers outside your own country.

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Payment Terms for credit card customers.

Currently, if a customer uses a credit card, they are charged the next day. However, the invoice reads, "Payment Terms: Net 30." If a customer pays by check, they get 30 days to pay. Wouldn't it make sense for credit card customers to receive the same courtesy and payment terms? Microsoft's policy is encouraging customers to NOT utilize the auto-payment. I suggest Microsoft give us credit card payers the same terms as check payers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. offer full accounting software like Quickbooks or Sage 50 and integrate with Office 365

offer full service accounting software with office 365. AR, AP, Inventory, Chart of Accounts, etc!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base