Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Invoicing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a notification that tells people that if they change from CC payment to invoice payment, they can't switch back with out new sub.

When you change your payment method from CC to Invoice, it does not warn you that you will have to buy a completely new subscription if you want to change back. This can cause extreme problems for customers when it comes to the billing implications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. tax number

I found your product interesting but unfortunately, it seems that we can't enter 2 differents tax numbers ; which is required on each invoice in Quebec, Canada.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pay Invoice with than Paypal?

Seems like Paypal is the only option for people to pay. May small businesses already have existing merchant service providers other than Paypal. Can you include way so a business can setup a custom payment gateway URL with template items that can be transferred to the gateway?

For example:
    https://mypaymentgateway/pay?amount={msinvoiceamount}&currency={msinvoicecurrency}&invoicenumber={msinvoicenumber}&merchantid=9999999&return_url=https://someurl

Here, Microsoft Invoicing will replace "ms_" is replaced with actual values.

To handle paid invoice notification, Microsoft Invoicing need not take return URLs (see API request)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Business Logo with a clear background shows up with a black background when you create an invoice

The invoices are automatically generated by the invoicing application of business center. However, when you upload your company's logo with a clear background, the Microsoft logic creates a black background on the overlay of the logo on to the invoice. I know the background is clear because I get the checkerboard. PLEASE PLEASE fix this since I am not a photoshop wizard with abilities to match your white color on the invoices. This seems super simple.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office365 PowerPoint, placed PDF-File with actions open on iOS

Hello,

i wanted to open an integrated PDF-File in a PowerPoint Presentation on my iPad with the Office365 App-Pack (PowerPoint).

The PDF File is included in the PPT and with the "actions" it should be open the File with mouseover or click. On the PC it works, on the iPad it doesn't work.

Would be great if you can add this function!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Negative Line Item Amounts

-800, - 900 to identify credits against invoice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Overdue

Hi there

It would be really good if you could send an overdue reminder of an invoice.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Impossible to cancel subscription

Contact me on my email pls as I didn't get through to you after waiting for 30 minutes a few times. I don't want your subscription any more. I haven't been using your services so pls stop supplying them if you are. I instructed my bank to stop payments to you but can't open my account and can't speak to anyone as waiting time is too long! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It’s not allowing my work email

Why won’t it except my work email that I set up my office 365 with?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, you must log in to Invoicing and the Business center in general using a work or school email account. We do not support personal accounts. As part of your Office 365 subscription, you will have received another email account, and that’s the one you need to use here.
    We realize the confusion that this can bring. For your information, you can set it up so that it’s your usual email account that is used to send the invoices to your customers.

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We’re planning to make it possible to send your customers a reminder to pay the remaining amount. This will become available next year.

12. Add to E plans

Please make available to E plans.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Microsoft Invoicing is currently available to customers who have an Office 365 Business Premium subscription. We do not currently plan to make the app available in other subscriptions.

13. Managing expense items

I provide professional services. Some invoice items I can easily add using the hour, day or specific service structure. However I recharge expenses (travel and accommodation for example). This item will vary on every invoice. At the moment I can create an Expense item and manually change the value. This is okay except that I have to enter the price inclusive of VAT which is annoying. Is this is the best way to handle this item? Other than the VAT issue having an unpriced item that forces a manual value to be entered would ensure I didn't accidentally send out…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!
    We are considering adding the option of prices exclusive of VAT. You can create that Expense item and mark it as VAT = 0 and therefore VAT won’t be calculated in this item.
    Regarding the manual change of value, we don’t see any good alternative right now as the amount (e.g. travel and accommodation) will be different from one invoice to the other.

14. Email account not working

Why would my business 365 email account not work ?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate invoide with flow

Enable flow to do things like creation of estimates and draft or send invoices as a flow from other events.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We’ve added it to the list of things to consider for a future update since workflows like the ones you describe are relevant to several businesses.

16. Monaco Country Code

I have a client in Monaco however the Monaco country code is not available and I can't add it. Please can we have the ability to add country codes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is indeed a bug that we are working on. We expect to have this fixed in a week or two. But you can add Monaco to the list of countries if you open any of your customers in edit mode – the Country/Region Code field in the customer page does have support for adding a new country or region.

17. Cant login if you have personal and busines

Unable to login to invoicing because i have both personal and business account on the same email address. Having the app use modern login would vastly improve this as the. I can choose my business account to operate this app. Unavailable to me and now i have to use third party software

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. enter bank detail for BACS payments

Similar to the section you have for Paypal allow settings to include bank details so these get printed on invoices.
    Similarly - instructions for cheques.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include in Office 365 business essentials

Would be awesome if Invoicing was made available to Business Essentials subscriptions as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! Microsoft Invoicing is indeed currently available to customers who have an Office 365 Business Premium subscription. We do not currently plan to make the app available in other subscriptions.

20. Support modern authentication

My Office 365 account and my Microsoft account use the same email. This is normally not an issue with any other app, I simply get the modern authentication prompt and specify which account I want to use. Microsoft invoicing instead just ignores that and tells me I can’t login with my personal account.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! You’re right that Microsoft Invoicing has a dependency on your Office 365 work or school account, and that you cannot log in with your personal account. But you have a good point about the experience, so we’ll take a look at what we can do to make it easier for you going forward.

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Invoicing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base