Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Connections email marketing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Microsoft Connections is an email marketing tool inside of Office 365 Business Center. Use this forum to share some ideas or suggestions to improve!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. My campaigns are going to junk mail

All campaign emails are going to Junk because of the domain it is being sent from. Why is it not coming from my own domain. What is this .MSSend.com sub domain extension. I do not want to send spam emails, if so what is the point of this service.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • My MS Connections test campaign to my own Outlook business address ended up in junk folder!

It doesn't bode well when your Microsoft Connections test campaign sent to your own Microsoft Office 365 business email address ends up in your Outlook 365 Junk Mail filter! If Outlook 365 doesn't even recognize it's own domain and lists it as spam (mssend.com), then I can only imagine that the actual recipients who might be on other servers such as gmail and yahoo will never see it because it will end up in their spam filter as well. Why does Connections use this "mssend" domain instead of my own? How can I use a campaign with a "click here…

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We agree that email delivery is important, and we’ve made some changes which should greatly improve the delivery success rate, including within Office 365. We expect you’ll see a much higher delivery rate for your campaigns.

In order to make sure we understand the feedback, we decided to separate custom domain requests from these reports of deliverability issues, so if you’d still like to be able to use your custom domain instead of mssend.com, please upvote the corresponding UserVoice entry here: https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/600610-microsoft-connections-email-marketing/suggestions/33736714-allow-custom-domains-for-outbound-email-address

• Request to increase the number on weekly emails to we can send

Can you please increase the number of weekly emails we can send? We uploaded a list of just over 2,000 contacts for our monthly newsletter and it will not send. We're getting an error that the number of weekly email attempts have been exceeded and please submit feedback to request an increase.

Also can you please disclose the weekly limit? Regards.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently saw a bug causing the available quota to be miscalculated for some users. This should now be resolved.

You should be able to send up to 2,500 emails within any seven-day period. This is described in the FAQ for Microsoft Connections at the web address below. We’re also considering adding this FAQ link directly to the main Microsoft Connections support page so it will be easier to find.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/frequently-asked-questions-about-business-center-in-office-365-0db98930-72a5-4955-8adb-617718f9f1c8

• More Flexible Text Editing

I would really like for Connections to eliminate my need for a third party email marketing account. It is close. In the newsletter template, where I experimented, it would be helpful to be able to change the justification of text from center to left. I would also like to be able to add links in the text. This functionality is in other web editors I use I hope it comes to Connections.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Future release suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lawrence,

You’ll be glad to know we have additional text editing features now available within the campaign editor.
            Your requests for text justification and ability to hyperlink are included.
            Have a look!

As we attempt to balance functionality and complexity, it helps to have continued feedback from users.

• Only 20% of contacts were successfully sent to, others had 'unknown issue'. No trace in exchange mail analysis for any of them

There are some issues still to resolve. Only 198 of my validated 1394 contacts were successfully sent to, other with 'unknown errors' and no means to try a resend to them (Consider RESEND function to those who hadn't received it?).
            Using Message tracing gave no clues as no failed or successful trace information exists there (Consider adding send info to message tracing in the admin centre?).

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey James,
              Glad you noticed the fix! We automatically retry sending the campaign to contacts if the issue was temporary / transient so there should be no need for any actions on your side. As you might have noticed it would have sent the email to any valid recipients that we initially dropped for various reasons.

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Connections email marketing

Feedback and Knowledge Base