Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Connections is an email marketing tool inside of Office 365 Business Center. Use this forum to share some ideas or suggestions to improve!

My campaigns are going to junk mail

All campaign emails are going to Junk because of the domain it is being sent from. Why is it not coming from my own domain. What is this .MSSend.com sub domain extension. I do not want to send spam emails, if so what is the point of this service.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike Scullion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any update regarding this?

I can't proceed with Microsoft Connections using this .mssend domain extension, especially with the worry of important emails going straight into the junk folder of our customers.

Why can't I send an email to our customers from our own domain???

• Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use this service, even though we are on O365 on-the-cloud, if the correct domain is not being sent. We are sending to our customers - we know them and they know us and this still won't be delivered. Not going to work. We are out until this can be fixed. Seeing the posts below, it would be helpful to determine what email address it would be sent from and quickly maturing the reports and data that can be associated with the service.

• AdminOffice 365 Small Business Team (Admin, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to your feedback here, we investigated the email delivery issues you reported. We have made some updates and believe we've now addressed the issue causing emails to end up in junk mail, including occurrences of this happening within Office 365 mailboxes.

I'll be updating this item to reflect that's done, but we still want to hear your feedback on custom domains. If that's still important to you now that the delivery is improved, please upvote that request here:
        https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/600610-microsoft-connections-email-marketing/suggestions/33736714-allow-custom-domains-for-outbound-email-address

• Seth Coveyou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the least, it should use our default domain without the .mssend sub domain extension. I also think we should be able to append the 'username' for the outgoing campaign emails.

• Tina Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. As is, this is useless as a marketing or relationship building tool. It is a total waste of time to send an email campaign that I know is going to most recipients junk mail folders. It should originate from my domain.

• Alexandre Ouellet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments below. I made a text, sending a campaign from myself to myself and it was automatically sorted as Junk.

The functionality is a great new feature added to our toolkit, but we will need the outbound address to be ours to start using it.

• Constantine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the others. We should be able to use our own custom email@domain address for sending out marketing materials.

• Ethan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is a huge issue. The fact that it sends messages to the junk folder renders this service completely useless. Their must be a workaround?

• Mike Dodge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. With the .mssend.com extension my campaigns are going to junk when sending to the same recipients we had in other tools. I would like them to go from the Marketing email address that I set up in listings or even allow me to specify which email they should be sent as.

Feedback and Knowledge Base