Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Connections is an email marketing tool inside of Office 365 Business Center. Use this forum to share some ideas or suggestions to improve!

Better Contact Control - Connections Campaigns

The Business Center Contacts and mailing lists are "clunky" and difficult for larger campaigns. The ability to have custom fields and filter on them for campaigns would be a huge improvement. We want to do several campaigns grouped by sales people, but when creating a mailing list you have to manually click on each user instead of querying a group by a particular field. Also, how about tracking the email results, especially if undeliverable? Custom fields would also be helpful to follow up on certain items like if the contact has become stale, setting up geographical regions for campaigns and other things too numerous to mention. The ability to bulk update these from a spreadsheet, powershell, or database would also be nice. Most SMB users have limited IT resources so the process needs to be more manageable with better tools.

I think this is a good start for the SMB market, but it still needs added functionality for ease of use and reporting on contacts.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Cain shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great feedback! If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re making four distinct but related suggestions:

1. Improve the contacts list by allowing custom fields (some of your ideas are geographical region, whether they’re still an active customer, which salesperson they work with)
    2. Improve the Email Marketing feature by allowing you to bulk-add contacts to a mailing list after filtering by those custom values
    3. Track whether any emails were undeliverable (and add that as another field on the contact?)
    4. Enable bulk-updating contacts using a spreadsheet / database / PowerShell.

All of these are great suggestions and we’ll be considering these in the future.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chelci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see stack-able mailing lists as well (for example three or more mailing lists I can stack into a distribution list)

Also - pretty new to the platform so maybe i'm missing it, but I would like to see a drop down in the "edit a customer" to add to mailing list

• Richard Kernick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact types is limited to Customer and Lead... most will need to be able to segregate people into more groups so allow other values to be created.
        A separate multi-value custom field would be useful too to capture other attributes (possibly filtered by contact type field).

Feedback and Knowledge Base