Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft Connections email marketing

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Microsoft Connections is an email marketing tool inside of Office 365 Business Center. Use this forum to share some ideas or suggestions to improve!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please activate it for Enterprise plans as well

All our clients are below 100 employees, yet most of them are on Please activate it for Enterprise plans as wellOffice365 Plan E3, including us selves, and we are only 5 on the team.

All the new goodies, Connections, Listings, Invoicing, MileIQ and Bookings, Outlook Customer Manager are only for Business Premium, why not let the companies that pay more opt-in on these as well?

71 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

thinking about it  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make connections available to all Edcucation customers

I would like to see Microsoft Connections available for Education customers as well.

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Easier and more useful template creation/control

The campaign templates are really basic and appear that they are only built for mobile devices by size. They look fine for a few things, but there is no way to do custom coding with it or get a higher end (professional) look and feel. I tried to put 600x338 pixel image in a template and it would not let me resize to fit the predetermined box (which is pretty much square). Adding more links to the template document would be helpful. You can add one link basically to the announcement template, plus all your social links, so very limited.…

17 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Thank you again for your additional feedback!

I would like to try to summarize your ideas/questions, as it will help the team identify the different pieces they might be able to help on.

Your Suggestions:

1. You would like more flexibility with the look and feel of campaigns—for example the image you were trying to add was different from the aspect ratio of the template.

2. You would like to add more links to the templates. (You are correct that right now, the “Referral” campaign doesn’t allow any custom links, and the “Announcement” campaign allows just one. However the “Newsletter” template allows as many links as you like).

3. You would like to have the ability to edit HTML directly or import a pre-made HTML template

4. You would like to have the ability to pick a custom accent color.

Your Questions:

1. Where is the “join” function?…

• Easier de-duping

I had a failed attempt at importing my data into Connections, so I deleted all the contacts and started again. I now have a (more or less) clean list assigned to various mailing lists but this has brought about its own issues.

My suggestions are:

1) I have a complete set of duplicates (and more - 832 people in Contacts but 1,705 people on the 'Everyone' list) with no reassurance that, if I use this list, it won't send each mail twice!
          2) Provide an easier way of searching for duplicates in the contacts list. At present all you seem…

16 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The new office 365 business center includes email marketing

The new office 365 business center includes "email marketing" mailing list includes the option for a sign-up page. On the banner of the sign-up page the text "sign up for updates and promotions" Admins should be allowed to change the text for the signup page.

15 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Better Contact Control - Connections Campaigns

The Business Center Contacts and mailing lists are "clunky" and difficult for larger campaigns. The ability to have custom fields and filter on them for campaigns would be a huge improvement. We want to do several campaigns grouped by sales people, but when creating a mailing list you have to manually click on each user instead of querying a group by a particular field. Also, how about tracking the email results, especially if undeliverable? Custom fields would also be helpful to follow up on certain items like if the contact has become stale, setting up geographical regions for campaigns and…

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great feedback! If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re making four distinct but related suggestions:

1. Improve the contacts list by allowing custom fields (some of your ideas are geographical region, whether they’re still an active customer, which salesperson they work with)
                2. Improve the Email Marketing feature by allowing you to bulk-add contacts to a mailing list after filtering by those custom values
                3. Track whether any emails were undeliverable (and add that as another field on the contact?)
                4. Enable bulk-updating contacts using a spreadsheet / database / PowerShell.

All of these are great suggestions and we’ll be considering these in the future.

• Enable a Flow or Custom API to integrate with Microsoft Connections

Currently, I am using MailChimp to Outlook Contacts Flow. In addition, I use MailChimp for newsletters. It would be nice if we could use a form or REST call to add contacts to list. For example, on my Facebook page, I have a custom form to subscribe visitors to my newsletter. Additionally, I have a form on my website where it would be nice to add users that submit an email to the Microsoft Connections Contact List. Lastly, I would really like to avoid using MailChimp and just keep everything in O365. I know I can just import Outlook contacts…

14 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Greater Flexibility with Editing Email Campaigns

Everything from font to footer is limited to the defaults, need to be able to customise current template.

12 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow custom domains for outbound email address

Please allow me to send from my custom domain like mycompany.com rather than mycompany.mssend.com

10 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Product improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Make an embeddable signup form for websites

Would it be possible to make the signup page(s) available as embeds that could be inserted into web pages? I'd like to place the signup box on every page within my site and not just the link to the signup page.

10 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Future release suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Multiple Business Profiles

At our company, we have different domains for different business units, and it would be helpful if Microsoft Connections would allow for completely separate setup of lists, templates, etc between the different domains OR the ability to create a Microsoft Connections instance based on a Group or Team Site in SharePoint Online.

9 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 8 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please bring this to Non-Profit subscriptions too.

It would be great to see this appear for the non profit users.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Different Signup pages for each Mailing List

My use-case for Connections involves a variety of "customer" types (clients, partners, students, contacts). If it not always possible for me to manually review the "Everyone" list and manually add people to appropriate Mailing Lists, mainly because I'd then need to know everyone's name.

Would it be possible to have different (and customizable?) signup pages for each mailing list, or at least a URL slug that can be appended and pass through the sign-up to a field about the customer so I can track by URL used for signup? I'd like to email my corporate training clients (students) about completely…

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Future release suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Can you create a template with publisher or word use for campaign template?

I would like to create a template in Publisher or word and use this template in the Email Campaign.

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not retire Connection from business 365

We are a small company that started using windows for business 365 and love it. We used the connections portion of it and was an amazing hit wit the clients now it is being retired. What is this going to mean for us. The best thing about 365 is that everything you need is there in one spot.
                                  We need the connection/ campaign APP
                                  Please do something

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Customise the welcome email

When someone signs up and confirms to join the mailing list, it would be nice to customise the email that is sent to them when they confirm their subscription to the mailing list.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• scheduling campaigns

Make it possible to schedule campaigns for future delivery. It isn't always convenient to draft the campaign at the moment you want to send it.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news — we’re now rolling out a “scheduled send” feature to Connections users now! You may already see it, and if not, you should see it within the next few weeks.

When the scheduled send feature is available for your account, it will appear on the final preview screen before sending.

You’ll see a note just above the To and Subject lines indicating “This campaign will be sent immediately” with a link to Edit when the campaign should be sent.

We’d love to hear feedback on how you like this new functionality.

• Allow me to choose the Reply to address

Please allow me to set the reply-to address for my campaigns.

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Can Connections access distribution list from O365 E-mail?

Can Connections access distribution list from O365 E-mail?

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you tell us more about your request? Are you using your existing O365 email to send mails to your customers today by adding them to a Distribution List (DL) and sending to that? Would it be valuable if you could import your DL into Connections as a mailing list? Or is there more you’d like to see? Your answers will help us make sure we evaluate the right functionality. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Connections email marketing

Feedback and Knowledge Base