Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. OneNote Button Default Open to List of All Notebooks

Please make the OneNote button on the office.com home page default to open a list of all notebooks available in Office 365, instead of opening one notebook. I sometimes want to find a notebook for a group, and it would be easier to click the OneNote button than going to the group and then to its notebook. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fire all your web developers

Start from the bottom and build a web portal that actually works properly. Fire your current developers and poach some from a decent company like Apple or Google. That way your website will work and your customers won't kill themselves - meaning you'll sell more subscriptions.

The new sign in "experience" is horrific, it has not fixed the problem just made the login more frustrating. Why not show the username and password field at the same time?

MS is supposed to be a legitimate organisation, please sort this out. Everybody I've ever spoken to that has to use the admin…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Terrible Customer Support and Stop Lying about Read-Only Sharing Ability

I have yet to receive any real assistance in resolving my concerns, despite hours and hours of effort.

1.  My scheduled call for 11am is now more than 1.25 hours late.  This is not acceptable, especially after having to wait 3 hours to receive a call the previous day after being told it would be only a 10 minute wait time.

2.  Also received a completely useless email from another engineer, Lars Peterson, pointing me to the following thread that provides nothing but a list of complaints similar to mine, but no solution for Read-Only sharing, as quoted below.

"Also, currently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Norton Customer Support Phone Number 1-800-884-0365

What if the users face the error due to dangerous cyber threats? This is just not the situation which everyone wants as they failed to access even their system or any other devices. We have a solution in the form of Kaspersky antivirus through which the users can remove all kind of dangerous viruses, malware, or spyware. In case the users face some technical issues while using Kaspersky then they have not to worry as we can assist them in resolving those issues through Norton tech support number +1-800-884-0365.

Read More: http://www.antivirushelpzone.com/norton-antivirus-support/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. print emails in the draft folder

currently you can't print emails in the draft folder. Seems like something that would be easy to fix and I would be very appreciative

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office 365 should work on Safari

MacOS 10.13.2 and Safari 11 throws javascript console errors after logging into the site, starting with:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(e,t)')
    getOwnPropertyDescriptor — zone.js:1173
    i — zone.js:1173
    o — zone.js:1261
    S — zone.js:2536
    T — zone.js:2567
    (anonymous function) — zone.js:2867
    __load_patch — zone.js:86
    (anonymous function) — zone.js:2866
    (anonymous function) — zone.js:3014
    (anonymous function) — zone.js:3014
    1gdr — vendor-bundle.js:4865
    r — www.office.com:7:142
    sgr6 — vendor-bundle.js:58245:86
    (anonymous function) — vendor-bundle.js:4872
    officehome_webpackJsonp — www.office.com:7:478
    Global Code — vendor-bundle.js:1
    Initialize — sharedscripts.js:1:116

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an English to Spanish translator feature for iMac

Add an English to Spanish translator feature for iMac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to Contact Dell Printer Technical Support Team

Dell printer can be counted as one of best printer in the world as it has multi-functional features which can be utilized by the users. Dell printer can not only print but it can scan, photocopy and even fax. What else the users need in a single product. In case the users face some technical issues in that case, the users should not worry as we have a tech support system which has the capacity to resolve every kind of issues they face through Dell printer tech support number +1-800-236-5725 where they will be assisted by our well qualified and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notifications Sidebar Should Open into Full Application

The notifications sidebar should open into a full application. The notifications sidebar has a ton of useful information--basically all Office items (calendars, email, tasks, etc.) that have a recent due date. It seems to make sense to be able to view and work with this data on full page. This would also be true of the Outlook Desktop "Reminders" window, which is a tiny little window that cannot be expanded to see the full list of items--completely under utilized data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. True SSO for portal.office.com/myapps

currently we can access myapps.microsoft.com/domain.com without prompt for email. However, portal.office.com/myapps required prompt for users to click on the email. The portal.office.com/myapps has better look and feel than myapps.microsoft.com panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to create links on the SharePoint Homepage

Unable to create links on the SharePoint homepage (Unable to create links on the SharePoint Homepage (https://officegrip.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx) since the last update.

Please bring the option back, especially when working with several sitecollections in one tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Site Settings" back to gear drop-down

"Site Settings" link was recently moved from gear drop-down and placed w/in a new gear drop-down "Site Information". Given how frequently site admins need to access Site Settings during their daily work, we are extremely disappointed at this development!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Compatibility issues with Office and High Sierra (Mac)

The currently available patch that is available for download does work and resolves the problems with Outlook. However, Mac usres are used to seeing the 'box' package icon appear with some text to let them know that the patch is running. When I used this patch nothing appeared on the screen and I mistakenly assumed it was not working. It was, but it took a while (several minutes on my machine). So maybe add a note to people to say that they need to give the package time to operate?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the 'stay signed in' option actually work

I have to hop between different accounts a fair amount, and on the same workstation I am continually asked once I log in if I would like to stay signed in to reduce the number of times I must authenticate. 'Do not show again, and no' I say, over and over again, and yet I continue to be asked.
    Please fix this incredible annoyance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. minimize Skype for business immediately instead of having to minimize manually each time it starts first time

minimize Skype for business immediately instead of having to minimize manually each time it starts first time.I don't want to have to manually minimize this every time I restart my computer. It is really annoying. Please either forward this request to the developers or please tell me where I can post this so that they will see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow several images to be used as image for the logon page (maybe also based on department)

Today you can change the default background image in a custom background image. That's already a good thing, but it would be great if there would be an option that several images can be used random and/or based on the user who will logon. For example a company has 2 departments, you upload 2 images and based on the department you select an image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Description Title to installs

When I am looking up my account and I have multiple installs of Office. (store.office.com/myaccount) Would be great to be able to add a description as to what PC this is loaded on. Just in case I ever have to go back to it I can find the exact install for that system. Currently I have to print out the key so I can store in a folder for that PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the admin home page to be modified when DirSync is enabled

Per support, the reason I cannot modify the layout of my admin home screen is because DirSync is connecting my on-premise Ad to Office365/Azure. I can think of no reason that these should be related. I'd just like the ability to move panels around on my admin page so the most relevant items are at the top of the page. Please change this to allow customization even with DirSync enabled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)