Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Outlook Journal is (was) one of the most brilliant ways to track the progress of projects ...

Outlook Journal is one of the most brilliant ways to track the progress of projects ... Please Don't kill it off as seems to be happening ... Expand it to better include links to other current project files of any type.. with better task integration this should be a killer business app .. wheras at the moment its a hidden bit of flotsom on an otherwise great email progam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the ® registration mark automatically superscript

When typing in MS Office and needing to have the ® registration mark, it would be great if it was created in superscript when you use (R). Similar to (TM). For some reason other 'marks' such as (TM) are in superscript but the ® isn't. Takes a lot of time to select it then select 'superscript' from fonts. Especially when you work with documents that use this symbol a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to re-order animation triggers

In PowerPoint it is simple to change the order of animations. But if you use 'triggers' to fire the animations, the triggers cannot be moved. Sometimes while working on a slide with several triggers you realize you would like to add another. By default it will be added to the bottom of the triggers and your animations may not play in the proper sequence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Significantly....all the update dialogue windows are missing and the applications quit with no notification

This feedback page has too many options. I'm trying to get back to work. I use Office Home edition. Where is the option for feedback?

1. 16.14.1 quit with no notification
    2. There are no dialogue window updates indicating that software updates are necessary.
    3. There are no dialogue windows indicating that a file conversion is necessary from an old version to the new version.
    4. 16.14.1 had a missing Picture Format menu tab...then after it was found, missing Cropping Tool among other tools.
    5. That software update was half-baked.
    6. Now on the third day of tech support calls,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Additional sound options under "ease of access" for Word & Excel application in Office 365

I noticed recently that the sounds in Office 365 Home Excel application had changed. By calling Microsoft I learned that the Ease of Access option provides only two sound options - Modern or Classic - and I don't care for either one. They both sound very electronic or like the sounds you'd hear on pinball machine. I'd like some options where the sounds are more soothing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Inbox and Calendar view to the portal front page

The portal page should be an overview to my overall experience, not just a file-oriented landing spot. Customization, with the ability to add these modules would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shared mailbox outlook

Add shared mailboxes to the Outlook in Office365 online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use more kid-friendly words

I can not understand what these words mean. I am in middle school.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use it as an Office new tab page for browsers.

This is for users, not just admins. OK, so I have office 365 for school. It is a great experience, and I love being able to launch my office apps swiftly, but it feels like a missed opportunity as a replacement for traditional new tab pages in browsers like chrome or edge. Either as an extension, a setting, or just through URL, the page should be enhanced to function as a new tab. By default, all users should be able to add tiles to the launcher from any url or maybe even files, as connected service. The reasons this would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OneNote Provide a Change Text Case Command

Why Doesn't OneNote Provide a Change Text Case Command, is not fair to go to Word to correct this, a feature like this must come included in One Note 2016 o above

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Search Folders across multiple mailboxes

The Search Folders tool is great for finding and grouping emails, however this is not available across all mailboxes. We have staff that administer shared mailboxes and make extensive use of categories. The ability to create a Search Folder across all mailboxes would be a really useful tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Single sign-on for Office and LinkedIn. Would be great for LinkedIn to be in the "waffle", more useful than the email marketing feature!

At the moment I have to log into LinkedIn separately from my Office 365 applications. It would simplify the desktop if it was an icon in the Office 365 waffle in the Office home page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot send to a group of 501 Recipeints with tracking, and send an update to them.

If you send to groups totaling more than 500 receipients and have tracking turned on, you cannot update the text, links, or anything in the message, as it errors out with too many recipients.

Furthermore, if you remove groups from the message, it starts sending out cancellation notices to everyone. We had an executive sending out a big announcement company wide to 6 Distribution Groups, and the tracking expanded the message to over 500 recipients thereby making changes impossible. It had an an incorrect link, and updating the message was disallowed.

Plus the recreating the meeting during the same time,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PowerPoint Total Slide Count for Page Numbering

We are required to show the total slide count in our business presentations but PowerPoint does not have the ability to show the total slide count so we have to manually enter it into the slide template and remember to update it after we edit the slide deck. Please add the ability to show Slide # of Total as a feature in Slide Numbering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the version of OneDrive desktop app on the Software page the latest

If I try to install the OneDrive desktop app from the Software page at: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx

it gives me the 2013 version, which no longer works well. Make it download the latest version instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. common view over all hardware platforms for training and company use.

A common view of online Office 365 across all types of hardware would aid in teaching the product to users with various types of hardware. Desktop, laptop, tablets, smart phones. A second solution would be a training tool that would show the equivalent action across various platforms. Example. Desktop and laptops show an "Add calendar" tab at the top of the calendar tile page, but this is not in the Tablet view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customize Navigation bar

Until just recently you could pin 3 apps to the navigation bar. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/connect-your-app-to-o365-app-launcher

I just spent about 45 min on line with support trying to figure out why the apps I had pinned there were removed. He finally figured out that this ability has been removed. I remember seeing it on my portal in the last 2 weeks.
    Please bring back this option In addition, it would be great to not be limited to 3 apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give up.

You clearly don't know how to build websites so can you just give up and hire somebody that does to do it for you?

Your office 365 admin portal is the worst thing anybody has ever made, it's just shockingly bad.

What on earth is the new "Sign in experience" about? It's ruined everything. I need to log out and log in as numerous different administrator accounts, because the admin partner portal is beyond a joke, but to change the sign in name takes about 5,000,000 clicks.

The odl sign in experience was abd - this is terrible.. It's not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add documents opened online to recent online documents

When I open a document online via the Web Apps, these documents do not appear in the recent online documents list (at least in Office365 Germany). They only appear when I open them via Office Apps / Programs on my PC.

They should also appear in the recent online documents when I open them online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365 entry point

I find it confusing to find the correct login page for Office 365. Im often at a new computer and just want to type "office.com" or serarch for office and the login page should be the first hit.

I also often hit the private outlook login page that look identical to 365 and can't login! Also, the login url is over 500 characters long...

Please give us a simpler way to login.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Feedback and Knowledge Base