Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Sync 100% of OneDrive for Business files to the local drive

Please, need to be able to sync 100% of OneDrive for Business files to the local drive. Then I can give up my network drives. Many times, I need to work offline.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop the "Try Edge" nagging on *.microsoft.com

Microsoft products like Office 365 and then it is hard to avoid visiting microsoft.com websites. Every time we do, we get a "Try Microsoft Edge" pop-up.

You can click "No thanks" 11837 times, but it keeps coming back. The irritation this causes started to negatively affect our appreciation of Microsoft products in general.

When we switched to Windows 10, my company thoroughly evaluated the Edge browser and concluded that it does not meet our needs. With every Windows 10 feature update we do a quick check if it did improve, but until now we decided to stay with Firefox which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tell customers to go to office.com\setup when they buy a new product.

Office Home & Student Instructions on the card purchased at a retail store says to go to office.com/myaccount. Nowhere does it explain how to change the past version of Office Home & Student displayed. There was no why I could load the new office 2016 version just purchased. It only listed Office Home & Student 2013, my previous purchased software.

Also, I did not want Office 365 because I travel to remote Alaska where there is no internet connectivity. I did not buy Office 365 I bought what I think is Office Home & Student FULL version. I hope that's…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give up.

You clearly don't know how to build websites so can you just give up and hire somebody that does to do it for you?

Your office 365 admin portal is the worst thing anybody has ever made, it's just shockingly bad.

What on earth is the new "Sign in experience" about? It's ruined everything. I need to log out and log in as numerous different administrator accounts, because the admin partner portal is beyond a joke, but to change the sign in name takes about 5,000,000 clicks.

The odl sign in experience was abd - this is terrible.. It's not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve student signup for free software

I went through the process of signing up my son Adrian for free Microsoft Office 365 on one of these sites:
    https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/education/students/default.aspx
    or
    https://products.office.com/de-de/student/office-in-education
    (sorry, don't remember which one)

I entered his birthday: June 17th, 2003. He is over 14 years old.

I received the code from his school
    theodor-fliedner-schule@wiesbaden.de

Finally, a message showed up that he does not have the legally required age to sign up for an online service. That is age 13 in Germany.

Why did this happen?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom tiles displays in app launcher working within Office Online

Custom tiles displays in app launcher working within Office Online

- Add custom tiles working with Excel, Word, OneNote, Powerpoint Online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outlook Tasks Is Weak!!!!! And I need it!!!!!

Outlook needs “projects” with below tasks, sub tasks, and subtasks. It should be a good project management tool. There are many plugins out there but none are good. Call me and I’ll help!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Correct APA Style formatting

Please enter the correct APA Style formatting tool in Word. My students use it, but I have to take points off their research papers because the citations and references are not formatted in APA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make a viable offer for single households with a stationary Windows computer and a Windows Laptop!

I can not understand how Micosoft is thinking with it's offer for home and private. First some statistics:

"The proportion of one-person households increased by 10 percentage points between 1970 and 2012, from 17 percent to 27 percent."
    "In 2014, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that 124.6 million Americans 16 years and older were single, or 50.2 percent of the population, compared with 37.4 percent of the population in 1976."

Microsoft has no viable offer for all those millions (US) or billions (WW) of single households! A very normal Windows user has BOTH a stationary Windows computer AND a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back auto selection of items "Subject", "From", "Keyword" in Outlook search box

The current version of Outlook in Office 365 and 2016 has removed a very powerful function that was available in Office 2013 Outlook.

When you typed in the search box in Outlook, three options appeared that allowed you to select "Subject", "From", or "Keyword". When pressing the arrow down, the options appeared again in case you didn't chose them before. This made search very efficient.

The latest version of Outlook in Office 365 removed this feature. Now, every time you want to search on a subject, you need to write: Subject:(xxxx).

Please bring back the feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to Note what machine Office is installed on

Instead of just a cryptic list of office 2016 licenses, or whatever version, There should be an option to Create a Note, or select a Dropdown that notes what machine it is installed on.

This way you aren't trying to remember when you purchased office and what machine it was for, Instead you put "Stacy Laptop" or something in the notes, this way unintentionally installing the same office copy on 2 pcs can be easily avoided, vs right now I try to remember if I was down to the third or fourth install on the list. Months later there is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. powerapps on edge

doesn't load on edge

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix issue with intermittent failure to load login credentials from iCloud KeyChain on Safari

The new Office login page often does not allow Safari to auto-load credentials from the KeyChain. The little key drop-down is there in the (blank) password field, but no credentials are available to select as opposed to there always being such on the previous (old) login page. Solution is to either always use the old login page until forced to move to new, or revert to old, to retrieve credentials and then change back to new.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Possibly Inaccuracy in Office 365 Business Pricing Page

One of the bullet points described here: https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?tab=2 states that "web versions of Outlook" are included in Office 365 Business. Unfortunately, upon purchasing, there does not appear to be a web version of Outlook included. A call to support confirms that, contrary to the Microsoft Outlook pricing website, there is no web version of Outlook included in Office 365 Business. Recommendation: revise the 365 Business Pricing Page to reflect that the web version of Outlook is not included. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow 'custom tile' to be put on home screen

Allow 'custom tile' to be put on home screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I created column by “Calculated”, the items cannot be displayed totally

After I created column by “Calculated” in the List on classic experience, the item cannot be displayed totally by filtering. Even it can be all displayed on new experience, It would be really helpful if the item can be displayed extended on classic experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include task list in the outlook app

Include the task list on the mobile app so you know what you need to get done on the go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification bubble on tiles

Portal.office.com can be a great start page, a hub where you can overview all your office apps.
    But to make it useful, we need to see notifications on each tile/app, like it would display on an iPhone for instance.
    Outlook showing the nb of unread emails, yammer notifications, etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to have 2 different site collection URLs

Similar to on-premise where you can extend the site collection to create another site collection with a different URL within the same SharePoint Environment. We were wanting to be able to have two site collections with different URL that use the same AD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change PowerBI Tile Color

The PowerBI App tile is Yellow with White text, this makes it very difficult to read and fails to meet the web accessbility guidelines. Please change this color combination and review all of the color combinations in O365 to ensure web accessbility guidelines are met.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base