Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add slide sorter view to Office 365 Powerpoint online

In order to organize any realistic talk, with more than 10 slides, it is important to have the slide sorter view. This feature is present in any presentation software, including PowerPoint for Desktop, but not on Office 365 online and also not on Office for iOS

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. App Launcher functionality

I logged into my O365 instance this morning to see that my App Launcher had changed. It was odd because the O365 main page had been updated to have the Gallery look, however, the App Launcher still had the classic white on gray tiled look. I didn't realize that at some point the App Launcher would get the Gallery look too. Now, all of the icons we did for our tiles for our apps which were white (light gray) to match that classic style...are basically invisible. Okay, fine, we can live with recreating icons to use with the new look...however,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to configure will documents open by default in read mode or edit mode (office online)

When opening documents from sp liba, you should be able to configure what is the default opening behaviour (read or edit). For example cover pages do not work when document is openened in edit mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let users control CONTRAST of themes

The inability to change the CONTRAST of the screen makes this a very negative experience. I appreciate that the white space/gray space is meant to be "light" but some people with vision challenges need to be able to see darker shading - in mail, for instance, it's like looking at a blindingly white screen with light gray text. I would like the ability to select a theme that gives more contrast -- darker text, darker gray, but keep white, white. I can't just adjust the brightness of the screen because it doesn't change the CONTRAST of the screen elements. I'm…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Metadata Navigation

Currently the new document library experience does not support Managed Navigation, so I have been using Managed Navigation on classic document library.
    When I set the Group By setting as follows, some items were expanded.
    - First group by the column: managed metadata column
    - By default, show groupings: ‘Collapsed’
    We love the new experience however we need to get navigation right before we can do this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Skype Web Client on all Office 365 pages.

Currently if you are in the Outlook.com (Mail, people or Calendar) section of Office 365 you get a Skype Client option on the top navigation bar next to alerts.

This would be tremendously useful if it was an option no matter where you were navigating within Office 365 and especially in SharePoint.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office keeps losing file associations with it's own file types and the only way to fix it that works is to reinstall it. Fix this problem!

Make it so office doesn't arbitrarily lose file association. Trying to ressociate them doesn't work and you have to reinstall the entire office suite. This should not happen. Please fix this issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to create connectors as it says quota exceeded.

Tenants with Office 365 E3 license that had a quota of 10,000 suddenly gets a 0 indexed quota and can no longer create more connectors, please see to this to ensure that users at least get to use up the available quota index and get prompted to upgrade the license as stated in this document.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftsearch/licensing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. switch between multiple profiles

Why can't we switch between multiple profiles on the same office.com site? Service providers often handle multiple clients. Unbelievable that we need to logout to switch!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recent files list in office apps should only display my own files

Recently the list of recent files in Office has started displaying my colleagues recent files along with my own. This is very annoying and no one in my org likes it. Please revert to the intuitive behaviour (or at least make it an option) to display only files modified by me in the recent files list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Modify SharePoint app link on office.com

By default, the SharePoint app link goes to the https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx page.

We would very much like it to point to the root home page, i.e. https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Outlook Folder Issue - color code and/or allow font adjustments.

Give option to color-code outlook folders (not messages) and/or change the font size and type. My eyes burn from scrolling through skinny gray font that all runs together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. interpolation

It is about time Excel had a proper interpolation tool.

The function could look something like
    =Interpolate(Xvalue, Xarray, Yarray, interpolationtype)
    furthermore, you could do 2D interpolation
    =interpolate2D(Xvalue, Yvalue, Xarray, Yarray, Zarray, interpolation_type).
    I had these functions with XLXtrFun.xll but now it will not run in excel 2016

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FindTime in Office 365 Home

Be able to use FindTime with an Office365 Home account. Not just work accounts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Two dark mode bugs; no means to enable dark mode.

Bug: (1) Outlook 365 page does not use darker colors when "dark mode" is "on" using the "Quick settings" menu. (2) A dark mode widget is presented in the "All Outlook settings > General > Appearance" menu but the widget does not respond to the mouse click events. Both these bugs are present when using either Microsoft Edge Beta and Chome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow admins to change which fields are being displayed under the My account menu

Currently, under the My account menu under the outlook.office.com portal homepage, the users first name, last name, and account are displayed; please make these fields editable by a global admin so that either alternative names can be displayed and also so that a users alias can be displayed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. autosave to local pc

Autosave to local pc. Some of us work on documents we are not allowed to save to the cloud. !!!!!! Other users just don’t want to. No local autosave is opposite of useful. Local autosave was a great, key, vital differentiator from google docs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let Office 365 for Android open multiple files at the same time.

Guys, me like many people are spending more time working on our mobile devices in my case i use DEX For the Samgung galaxy note 9 when i work in my office and much more while outside, and it is frustrating that on none of the cases i can work on multiple Excel books at the same time, even with my paid Office 365 subscripion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Site Setting back to the gear icon in Modern Pages

Site Settings" link was recently removed from gear drop-down and placed w/in a new gear drop-down "Site Information". Given how frequently site admins need to access Site Settings during their daily work, we are extremely disappointed at this development!

We would LOVE to see set setting back on the gear icon.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show 'Additional security verification' settings for users with Azure MFA setup

Show 'Additional security verification' settings for users with Azure MFA setup because currently it only shows if you have a O365 MFA setup

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base