Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Timezone options for displaying UTC times ex CET (UTC +1) within Office Applications and Teams

Would like to address using local time zone of user and UTC reference as we work with global culture to better see time zone offsets as as an available option in areas like Teams chat, Email communication without the need for 3rd party tools.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to change the language setting of Office for the Web for users synced with Active Directory

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Active Directory に同期されているユーザーのOffice for the Web の言語設定を変更したい。
    I want to change the language setting of Office for the Web for users synced with Active Directory

■Description(内容):
    Active Directory に同期されているユーザーOffice for the Web の言語設定を変更しようとすると「この設定は組織によって管理されています」となり、希望の言語に設定できず不便なことがある。
    Active Directory同期ユーザーでも容易にOffice for the Web の表示言語の変更ができるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Attempting to change the language setting of Office for the Web for users synced with Active Directory gives the “This setting is managed by your organization” message, and you cannot change it to the language needed, which is inconvenient.
    Please allow us to change the display language of Office for the Web for users synced with Active…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Uniformize links behaviour across Office 365

It's really difficult to predict what is going to happen when you click on an Office 365 link ! : Is it going to open a new tab/window or display in the same tab ?

Just as an example: clicking on "Outlook" in the page opens a new tab, clicking on Outlook in the Office launcher menu displays Outlook in the same menu !!!

This remark is valid across all Office 365 tool. Are you sure you don't use a random function ? ;-) This is what it looks like.

Please uniformize and/or publish clear rule in order for us…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add aggregated news view on Office.com, much like the Sharepoint-root web page

I love the top/root web page for sharepoint, where i get an aggregated view of all my news.

Add a row on office.com to show the most recent sharepoint news. (perhaps with the possibility to individually filter out sharepoint sites)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Service request, option to add attachments and call

I would like to be able to add attachments, while the case is working to send the necessary information from where I generate the request for service. Not at the first moment when the service request is generated.
    In the same way when requesting telephone assistance, the call button is not activated if the telephone number contains letters in the case of telephone extensions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change landing page for portal.office.com

We want to select specific users/groups to land on a specific SharePoint site when they log in to portal.office.com

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it possible/easier to sign in with multiple accounts.

Yes, this is technically possible. If I sign out of every single account I have. But it has taken me 30 minutes to not add a new account.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show which product keys have been used

On the "My Account" page there are a list of products registered to the account, with "Install" links, but no way to know which ones have already been used. Would be great if there was a way to flag which products have been installed (and on which machines).

Since the only way to change an Office product key is to uninstall/reinstall, I've just had to uninstall/reinstall Office on 3 machines because our work account has a number of products and the users just selected the first key in the list when prompted at their first run.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Date format should be localised based

Date format should be localised. Especially for subscription expiration information.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The space bar needs to make a blank space after the cursor. Why doesn't it?

I don't like that the cursor doesn't show a blank space between itself and the last word when you press the space bar. You can't tell if you pressed the space bar or not. It's very confusing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook calendar events needs more that one event reminder. Needs to be more like Google calendars where you can set up multiple reminders.

Outlook calendar events/meetings need more than one event reminder. Need to be more like Google calendars where you can set up multiple reminder for one event.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Working login using Chrome with multiple O365 accounts

Hi, I have multiple O365 accounts. When I logout with one account using Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) using the official 'Sign out' feature and then login with a second account, after entering username and password, it pops me back into the first account. This is a bug that should be fixed. Even if remember password is on, O365 should recognize that a login with a different account has occurred. Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop US English overriding the default proofing language

This shouldnt require over an hour and a half with tech support to stop my documents being marked with wrong spelling because O365 seems to have US English on override.

My whole computer is set to UK English but why is there not a simple setting in the O365 account options to let us choose WHICH English we proof in?

Why does the install default to English only? why cant we choose on install our version of English to avoid this entire issue?

This is a massively simple fix which will avoid a lot of problems for a lot of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. login.live.com & login.microsoftonline.com Sign In Page improvement

it's really confusing for user to use @(Microsoft Windows Live ID) or @(O365 Business ID)

the reason is because
    when page to login.live.com or login.microsoftonline.com, it's the same background, therefore, objective sometimes might be confusing for what's the account should I use,

for personal use and business use, I think it's better to distinguish the sign in portal background more meaningful

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include "never" as option for default reminder in Calendar

Include option to select "never" as a Calendar reminder. When adding a new event in Calendar the default time for notification in settings starts at "immediately". When creating an event it is possible to select "never" as a reminder option, but this can't be set as a default.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change description of "You recently opened this" in the Recommended section

When a user browses search results, viewing a file's thumbnail will access the file. These files will then appear under the "Recommended" section as a file opened by the user, causing confusion.

Example: "You recently opened this, Mon at 1:34 PM"

I would suggest removing this information or at least describe it as an item that appeared in a search result.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Modern User Interface the display picture in a person type column does not display by default.

To get this working in MUI, additional column formatting is required and field customizer needs to be implemented in case the person type column allows multiple values. For a small clean feature which was available in classic UI, getting the customization done may not make sense.
    Any idea, why this was taken away ?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get back old icons of apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, ...) on Office.com.

Please, get back old icons of apps on Office.com. New version from February 2019 are good for packaging, not for web. Old version was simple, but modern.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please try to block www.ofice.com

when a user misspells www.office.com/myaccount and types in www.ofice.com/myaccount he will be redirected to a malicious page that is also showing up ads (possible for the good of the owners) but also will show scareware "your data will be deleted if you do not click here and there"

can you please takeover or shutdown this domain?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base