Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. multiple s/n under the same email address

My company uses the same email account for multiple s/n of Office 2016. Instead of sending the users to create there own list of s/n (which s/n is in use on which computer) why should'nt you guys add an option for notes/comments. Then we the users could add a comment in the portal knowing that s/n ***-***-*** belongs to "Computer1" for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metadata Navigation

Currently the new document library experience does not support Managed Navigation, so I have been using Managed Navigation on classic document library.
    When I set the Group By setting as follows, some items were expanded.
    - First group by the column: managed metadata column
    - By default, show groupings: ‘Collapsed’
    We love the new experience however we need to get navigation right before we can do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. move old items from clutter folder to inbox after disabling clutter feature for all users

i need script powershell : move old items from clutter folder to inbox after disabling clutter feature for all users without any problems

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. set by default to be text-oriented

Homepage "portal.office.com" or "outlook.office.com/owa"

The user name entry box should be set by default to be text-oriented from left to right even if the browser is Arabic or any other language

As in Hotmail and Outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A grammar correction error in Spanish for "alguna imbécil".

MS Word grammar correction in Spanish marks "some he-idiot reads" as wrong, and instead suggests "some she-idiot reads", as correct option:
    "algún imbécil lea" - marked as wrong. Suggested: "alguna imbécil lea". It should be allowed for both genders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pfortner48@gmail.com

$ how much money ?? Per month or year

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. too slow with updating

when I put in my profile picture it still hasn't loaded 3 hours later

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Distinguish Licence For A Device

Add a txt box so I can tag which licence was registered against which device, or maybe list the device that was used to install licence on...
    My issue is that i have 20 odd MS Office licences registered against my account but am unable to distinguish between them from the site. I am currently having to keep records separately of date installed and which device, but even this is proving difficult as I may install several on the same day..... also the date does not correspond to the actual date I installed due to time difference for Australia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove Sharepoint from connected services

I would like sharepoint option removed from Word and Excel 2016. I cant stand Sharepoint one bit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create rule on Mac

Creating rule using office 365 / personal is very complex I have 23 000 emails and unable to organise it to create rules and subfolder . Old versions was much easier to use. Hope to update create rules to easier procedure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Office App & Mobile App

What if Microsoft succeeded to develop an Office App & a Mobile App (I call it ChatosApp) that can deal with different social media apps. like facebook, twitter, ...etc
    In such a way that a person can check messages coming from social media applications & can reply to them from 1 microsoft office/mobile app & the senders can see the person's replies on their own applications

For example the ChatosApp can receive a post from a facebook friend and can receive a tweet from another twitter friend & ChatosApp can respond to the post in such away that facebook friend…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert inking and draw capabilities to Office 365 so that tablets can be used with it for document markups.

Insert draw and inking capabilities to Office 365 so that document markups can be performed by the user and with other devices as Wacom Intuos Pro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to update the information on "Open and use a shared mailbox in Outlook on the web for business"

The information regarding adding and sending e-mail from a shared mailbox in Outlook web needs to be updated.

The link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-and-use-a-shared-mailbox-in-Outlook-on-the-web-for-business-bc127866-42be-4de7-92ae-1ef2f787fd5c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

* How do I send email from the shared mailbox?
    On step 2 when you click on the three dots and click "Show from" it needs to be added that you have to right-click and choose to remove your own username and then search for the shared mailbox so it can be added and then be able to send e-mails from a shared mailbox.

I had to contact the support to figure this out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Reviewer Filtering in Word 2016 Mac

Reviewer filtering works in 2011 but not 2016. Cannot show selected reviewer and no checkmarks appear as they do in 2011. Printing removes all reviewer names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add 'UNREAD' messages fo to the top of the toolbaru, not just in 365 but also office.com wthout having to customise - it should be standard

Add 'UNREAD' messages to the top of the toolbar, not just in 365 but also office.com without having to customise - it should be standard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Give option to remove all sounds from online Office 365

Currently there is no way to remove all sounds, or notifications, from the Office 365 websites and online applications. Give the customers the option to turn off all the sounds. There are a few option to remove the notifications, but those are only display notifications not sound.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore basic functionality

I work on a Mac running El Capitan. When establishing or changing any meeting with WEBEX the program freezes. Forcing the program closed does not solve the problem. Rebooting the machine does work. Our contracted computer support says, "This is a known issue. Check back in a few weeks and maybe Microsoft will fix it". Its been a week.
    I loved working on a Mac. Using Microsoft software is making this experience just as poor as working on a Windows Machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dupicate the Word Desktop client App's Object method of "ShowHiddenText"

In the desktop Office Word app is the method to hide or show text and I am wondering if the Web version of Word has a similar method? If not then it needs it.

Small example use on desktop client:

Me.application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Me.application.ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = Not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offline Installer for Office 2013

We have a computer that needs its copy of Office 2013 installed. All available options at this time are for an on-line installation. That DOES NOT WORK for the offline computer.
    WORST SERVICE EVER! Pay money for a product that cannot be used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a PowerApps icon

I recieved my invite to power apps, put in my e-mail address and was greeted with an 'Oh, we know you' message. When I clicked to continue, I was redirected to the normal office 365 screen with no way to continue to use power apps that I can find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base