Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

Ability to remove or hide "Your recent online documents"

The landing page automatically displays "Your recent online documents". There should be an option to hide these from being displayed permanently or temporarily. I don't want other people seeing my business when I start Office 365 :-)

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  Angapparaj.Kalimuthu responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the recently used documents. We are working on making this feature better in our future releases.

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bad "feature" which allows others to see confidential documents. This should be an option we can disable.

• Narelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely useful if there was the option to be able to selectively remove items from "Recent" in OneDrive. Thanks.

Has this been sorted yest - it causes so much confusion when using the app - I DONT want to see ANY recent documents. Very flawed system.

• Siarhei Kuchuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove my recent documents from others logged in users. I don't want my familty to know about recent documents im working on.

• Stephanie W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree! I prefer documents should not be "shared" and viewed by the rest of the users. You should have the ability to enable/disable "Recent Documents" feature to personalize my own setting.

I agree something has to be done for this. It is easy, at least should allow manually the user to delete history.

MSFT has been "thinking" about this for two years now. This HUGE banner section is virtually useless and takes up valuable real estate on the screen. It sure would be nice, as a user, to be able to opt out of this section. Optionally, make the icons tiny thumbnails and stick them down the bottom of the page where they would no longer be a nuisance.

Hello Microsoft. Any updates on this? This is a very bad "feature" for us and a nogo for out poc. This is the only showstopper. We dont want, that the metadata of our Sharepoint on Premise Documents are automatically uploaded to Office 365. are you serious about this....?

• Charlie Guo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there should be setting for this available on the Office 365 Portal Page setting.

I have now uninstalled Office 365 and I still have a list of recent documents in "My online office". I am a home user and do not need the cloud. I have an external hard drive to backup any sensitive files. It is appalling that I can not delete my personal information from this same list. My husbands will is listed there, the last place id put any personal files is up in the cloud. It's frustrating that I can not delete this recent file list. I now use Google docs it all free and I can download and save files when im done. I also now have chrome and my next computer is going to be a chrome book. Microsoft sucks.

user viewing the office files saved in sharepoint onprem on landing page . Also onedirve personal files .

which is not related to office 365 . they get confused and assume it security issue.

asking why sharepoint on premise files reflecting in o365

• Mark Grasmayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this using Workspace 365. In our digital workspace which is built on top of Office 365 we allow people to show/hide app groups. This way you can hide your sensitive data like recent documents, power bi tiles and much more. Have a look to see how we strengthen Office 365: https://www.workspace365.net

• Richard Harbridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related the ability to ensure this doesn't show in the App launcher is also something organizations should be able to do. It leads to considerable scrolling when a user has more than the default number of apps in the Office 365 app launcher and for some organizations may not add value. Not to mention that even more than here - if a user goes to NAVIGATE to a different app it now can break privacy because it shows the names of recent docs they worked on. I think you need to accelerate the resolution here. @Angapparaj.Kalimuthu

• rwilsond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure how many ways this issue manifests itself, but it seems to be akin to the issue I had, regarding the "Get Office" (365) app indefinitely retaining a list of "Recent Documents" (even after they are no longer 'recent'). This list is due to the "permanent" storage of 4 registry entries per each item on the list, with no way to delete them w/o editing the registry (which is the absurd way Microsoft left us with to deal with this issue). At your own risk, here's what worked for me:
        > Install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
        > Select "Tools"
        > Select "Microsoft Office Cleaner"
        > Check all the boxes
        > Click "Clear".
        The list should be cleaned the next time you run "Get Office" (365)

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just check the girl in the right of the photo....i think she's laughing at us all.

It would be cool if Delve was more consistent, and this type of feature lived there, rather than cluttering the home page.

• Nick Nixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About "Your recent online documents"
        Office365 on the web (In this instance I've Microsoft Office365 installed on my home laptop and linked to my work account for Ofifice365) shows a list of documents that have been deleted or moved so their links won't/don't work.
        There has to be some way to remove this list of bad links.
        Did you guys just pull Office365 out of your a**es solely to inflict it on the rest of the world?
        Seriously asking. What did we ever do to Microsoft to deserve this?
        I'm about 2 more p***es off from removing Office365 from everything and just going back to Libre Office; which works just fine by the way.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base