Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

Ability to remove or hide "Your recent online documents"

The landing page automatically displays "Your recent online documents". There should be an option to hide these from being displayed permanently or temporarily. I don't want other people seeing my business when I start Office 365 :-)

125 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  Angapparaj.Kalimuthu responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the recently used documents. We are working on making this feature better in our future releases.

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE let users turn on/off the recent and recommendation panes.
    Because of GDPR and such this is a huge pain.

Thanks!

this is nuts, my confidential docs are there on any team meeting when I go to Sharepoint? ARRGGGHHH!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can we get an update on this. The option to remove recent documents and email attachments is a must have. Im pushing to use delve as our main employee directory but I cant due to management not wanting there recent documents and email attachments being displayed.

Its been three years and no update, whats going on?

This is not just about recent documents. Thre has been for the ast year a "Recommended" section right at the top. Why is Microsoft recommending to me files to look at? It is utterly inappropriate and presumptuous of MS that they should know what is a file that should be recommended for me to look at.

Every section on that age must have an edit option and an ability to hide. Continuing to ignore your customers in this way only shows contempt

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW.. everyone can see my employee assessment graphics when I accidentally un-minimize my office apps screen when I'm hooked up to the meeting room's screen. And they have known for 3 years. Way to go Microsoft.

As one famous person would say, SAD.

• Nicho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you guys have been thinking about this for 3 years. When is something going to be done about it ?

• Mantvydas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There might be a GDPR breach in the names of the files traveling from local machine's recent documents to Office 365 home page... how Microsoft doesn't see it as such? Are they waiting for an official complaint?

This new Home Page experience does not work for our company.We have a group of users, that should only have access to email, can now see documents created by administrative staff. We shouldn't have to change our current workflow to accommodate a change in functionality that we didn't request.

This new Home Page experience does not work for our organization, especially given that our group of Kiosk users, that should only have access to email, can now see documents created by administrative staff. We shouldn't have to change our current workflow to accomodate a change in functionality that we didn't request.

Obviously, Microsoft isn't listening to any of this, or just doesn't care what their users want. This is such an obvious "feature" needing an on/off toggle.

• Finesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can improve by removing the Recommended Documents feature from showing up on Office 365's homepage. Even if I download my SharePoint documents (& not open them), it still shows up to me & others as opened by you, on this date; or edited by you, on this date... not a good feature Microsoft.

The solution is that "recommended" documents only shows documents that you (and therefore your colleagues) have access to. Therefore your colleagues will only see "your confidential document" if they have permissions to do so.
    If they shouldn't be able to see it then you are storing it/working on it in the wrong place.
    The place that is secure to you is your "OneDrive". I recommend that people use their OneDrive and share only with the people that they need/want to see it.

• DP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what is the solution????

remove or hide "Your recent online documents"

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to remove the "Recommended" list on the Documents page would be a very nice option to have.

hi

even though it can be removed, theres always "Recommended Documents" displayed. how to remove that as well??

Bad "feature" which allows others to see confidential documents. This should be an option we can disable.

• Narelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely useful if there was the option to be able to selectively remove items from "Recent" in OneDrive. Thanks.

Has this been sorted yest - it causes so much confusion when using the app - I DONT want to see ANY recent documents. Very flawed system.

• Siarhei Kuchuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove my recent documents from others logged in users. I don't want my familty to know about recent documents im working on.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base