Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

Customization of Office 365 Home page

Have customization possibilities for customization of the Home page (portal.office.com/home);
- Possibility to add mandatory tiles
- Possibility to remove tiles for users
- Add custom tiles (with a link)

Like the App Launcher customization possibilities.

306 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rikard Strand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  Jay Waltmunson responded  · 

Thanks for sharing this with us. The team is looking at how to improve the O365 homepage. These are helpful details. Others should please comment with specifics as well if they have ideas on customization improvements. – Jay Waltmunson (O365 Program Manager)

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to make the Flow app available from the 365 launcher, but without showing the Dynamics 365 app.

Adding my vote to make the Dynamics 365 app icon optional on behalf of 100+ people in the email domain

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to be able to add custom tiles to the home page as this makes it more immediately obvious how to get to additional sites. Not sure why this hasn't been done already but if nothing has been done yet and the post was originally created in 2015, then I doubt it ever will.

• Jesper Angelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we have TWO portal pages. Our primary with all our internal services, including a link to our secondary - all our )365 services.

Confusing for users and it would be so nice to only have ONE.

• Cologne_Claret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing the user the ability to create their own individual page similar to the Modern Home page in Office 365 Groups would be great. In this way the user can customize by adding from a list of Web Parts (or for the developers creating their own) to create a page containing everything they need for their own individual daily work. It would surely help trying to sell the concepts of O365 Groups to the user too when they can play around creating their own individual work area with a variety of Web Parts.

• Wavy D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to hide/remove the recommended documents as it presents a GDPR / Compliance related issue.

EG All members of a team have access to HR Policies and it exposes the fact that someone in that team has been accessing HR documents to everyone else in their team. This potentially exposes a confidential issue that someone is having to all the members of their team.

• Inge Norden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the links in the search result clickable! As it is now, even if the organization's Customized tiles shows up in the result, nothing happens when clicking on the link.

It would be great to have the option to add shortcuts to other SaaS applications directly to the home page, in much the same way you can with custom tiles and the launcher. With the appropriate security wrap around this could quickly become a replacement for traditional VDI.

I’m a Microsoft partner and i can till you that I’m getting the same question from customers for every project,, we need to have more ability of customization.

• Kelly Matos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather the Dynamics button not show, as we don't have a single license for those products. We happen to have a few users using Flow, but even for them, the Dynamics button is unnecessary and confusing. Thanks.

Why don't we have the ability to remove certain icons / links from the Office 365 Home Page as a Global Administrator. I don't want Bookings to show up for any of my users and there's no way to do this. I've removed all user licenses for bookings, turned the bookings feature totally off in the admin panel under Settings > Services & Add-ons and it still shows up for everyone. Even when I setup a brand new user account and only assign an Exchange license, nothing else, bookings is still on the Home Page. I know they can't user the bookings feature, but why can't we have control over removing the icon?

The same is true for the Business Center icon on the home page, which I don't want there and none of my users will access. Again, all licenses turned off for Business Center, and all apps that are part of it, but Business Center icon still shows on the Office 365 Home Page, confusing users after they click on it to see what it is and the notice says to ask their administrator..

We need more control!!

• Theo T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another homepage with very limited customization. It would be fantastic to have the O365 apps with corporate links, web and legacy apps all in the one place ! One feature in the right direction.

Absolutely agree. Customizations for enterprise are key to ensure proper deployment.
    This is a must-have.

• Anne Marie Rowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are implementing Office 365 at our school so we would like to customize the O365 based on the group (i.e. student vs. teachers). We would also like an easier way to brand the pages.

I agree, I have our route SharePoint site set up so all the subsites are accessible through navigation menu and sidebar...staff that click the Sharepoint icon on their 365 Home Page are expecting to see this custom homepage but are instead getting the frequent and suggested page site which is confusing them.

• tgrantt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with this, but it seems that the App Launcher customization has been removed. A step backwards.

Would love to see this as well. We have different users at different levels of sophistication and I would like much more admin control over what a user sees on their homepage (e.g. being able to remove apps, remove the option to install local office software etc.)

• Renee Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Agree with this request. I want to remove apps from my user's home page that they don't need. I want to add/remove apps from my homepage. Oh and I like the boxes better.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to find a way of dropping a link onto the home page to direct users to our own help Sharepoint, so I was disappointed to find the functionality is so limited. I don't want to have to ask users to go and find things - I want to present what they need right in front of them when they login.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base