Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office.com Home Page experience?

Customization of Office 365 Home page

Have customization possibilities for customization of the Home page (portal.office.com/home);
- Possibility to add mandatory tiles
- Possibility to remove tiles for users
- Add custom tiles (with a link)

Like the App Launcher customization possibilities.

250 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rikard Strand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  Jay Waltmunson responded  · 

Thanks for sharing this with us. The team is looking at how to improve the O365 homepage. These are helpful details. Others should please comment with specifics as well if they have ideas on customization improvements. – Jay Waltmunson (O365 Program Manager)

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelly Matos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd rather the Dynamics button not show, as we don't have a single license for those products. We happen to have a few users using Flow, but even for them, the Dynamics button is unnecessary and confusing. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't we have the ability to remove certain icons / links from the Office 365 Home Page as a Global Administrator. I don't want Bookings to show up for any of my users and there's no way to do this. I've removed all user licenses for bookings, turned the bookings feature totally off in the admin panel under Settings > Services & Add-ons and it still shows up for everyone. Even when I setup a brand new user account and only assign an Exchange license, nothing else, bookings is still on the Home Page. I know they can't user the bookings feature, but why can't we have control over removing the icon?

The same is true for the Business Center icon on the home page, which I don't want there and none of my users will access. Again, all licenses turned off for Business Center, and all apps that are part of it, but Business Center icon still shows on the Office 365 Home Page, confusing users after they click on it to see what it is and the notice says to ask their administrator..

We need more control!!

• Theo T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another homepage with very limited customization. It would be fantastic to have the O365 apps with corporate links, web and legacy apps all in the one place ! One feature in the right direction.

Absolutely agree. Customizations for enterprise are key to ensure proper deployment.
        This is a must-have.

• Anne Marie Rowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are implementing Office 365 at our school so we would like to customize the O365 based on the group (i.e. student vs. teachers). We would also like an easier way to brand the pages.

I agree, I have our route SharePoint site set up so all the subsites are accessible through navigation menu and sidebar...staff that click the Sharepoint icon on their 365 Home Page are expecting to see this custom homepage but are instead getting the frequent and suggested page site which is confusing them.

• tgrantt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with this, but it seems that the App Launcher customization has been removed. A step backwards.

Would love to see this as well. We have different users at different levels of sophistication and I would like much more admin control over what a user sees on their homepage (e.g. being able to remove apps, remove the option to install local office software etc.)

• Renee Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Agree with this request. I want to remove apps from my user's home page that they don't need. I want to add/remove apps from my homepage. Oh and I like the boxes better.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to find a way of dropping a link onto the home page to direct users to our own help Sharepoint, so I was disappointed to find the functionality is so limited. I don't want to have to ask users to go and find things - I want to present what they need right in front of them when they login.

Now with the launch of the new app launch bar I had hoped to have this custom behavior and admin settings to manage the launcher & start page.

Agree with other commenters. Why is the App Launcher customizable but not the homepage? Is 365 is meant to be a single point of login for businesses we need more options to customize the landing page. This is a particular problem now that the app launcher is no longer available from mobile devices. Custom links are inaccessible unless accessing from a laptop or desktop computer.

• Karen Glynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see there is much discussion here and you have responded to everything that involves tweaking MS product placement. However, the major blocker to take up for my clients is where they want to use Office 365 as an intranet. They primarily want to deliver a corporate navigation and news to users at point of logon. Suddenly entering a complete MS world, is a step too far for them.
        An intranet home page can be built in SharePoint Online for sure, however, you cannot make SharePoint Online the default landing page, nor can you deliver it as a Content Tile on the O365 homepage.

It would really help with uptake if some part of the Home Page was customisable by admins, to tailor it so that users their own employers information and not Microsofts when they first land in the Office 365 world.

• Andrew Lindsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others regarding the tiles. I would also like to see the ability to customize content on the page, such as the ability for the Admin to add alerts/notices to the page.

• Mark Grasmayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do this using Workspace 365. You can easily set up a home page with (live) tiles and all your applications. To do this, we integrated Office 365 and Azure. Have a look at Workspace 365, I'm sure this will help you reach your goal while using Office 365: www.workspace365.com

We have added custom tiles to the App Launcher. Is it possible to add custom tiles to the O365 Home Page (landing page) in addition to the App Launcher?

• Tracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Vision is to move everything to the cloud and use single sign on through AD to really enhance the user experience. Sending our people to the office portal with tiles for all their apps would greatly enhance this experience. I am 100% behind the above and believe it is a bit hooky that I can add custom tiles to the "Waffle" but they don't show up on the home page...

• Kim Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create an Office 365 Training Center tile and either put it on the home screen for end users OR allow us to add it on the home screen. Another option would be to add it to the help screen, but I think front and center works best usually. What better way to increase the adoption of your programs? I saw that you added this in the admin area, but not where end users will see it.

Allow users to rearrange tiles. Really miss having all tiles display and now have to click link to Explore all apps. Ability to make tiles mandatory or to delete tiles would also be very helpful.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base