Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Why does my word online document have a GRAY BACKGROUND, and how to make it a WHITE BACKGROUND?

When I start a new document at Word Online, I see a document with a gray background. I want a document with a WHITE BACKGROUND! How do I make all my documents show up with a WHITE BACKGROUND!!!???

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The space bar needs to make a blank space after the cursor. Why doesn't it?

I don't like that the cursor doesn't show a blank space between itself and the last word when you press the space bar. You can't tell if you pressed the space bar or not. It's very confusing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In Modern User Interface the display picture in a person type column does not display by default.

To get this working in MUI, additional column formatting is required and field customizer needs to be implemented in case the person type column allows multiple values. For a small clean feature which was available in classic UI, getting the customization done may not make sense.
    Any idea, why this was taken away ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get back old icons of apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, ...) on Office.com.

Please, get back old icons of apps on Office.com. New version from February 2019 are good for packaging, not for web. Old version was simple, but modern.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please try to block www.ofice.com

when a user misspells www.office.com/myaccount and types in www.ofice.com/myaccount he will be redirected to a malicious page that is also showing up ads (possible for the good of the owners) but also will show scareware "your data will be deleted if you do not click here and there"

can you please takeover or shutdown this domain?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change landing page for portal.office.com

We want to select specific users/groups to land on a specific SharePoint site when they log in to portal.office.com

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When installing Office please give us back the freedom to choose the installation location! (not on my small SSD disk C).

When installing Office please give us back the freedom to choose the installation location! (not on my small fast SSD disk C,but on my large disk D). Alternatively at least let me choose not to install everything!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App Launcher functionality

I logged into my O365 instance this morning to see that my App Launcher had changed. It was odd because the O365 main page had been updated to have the Gallery look, however, the App Launcher still had the classic white on gray tiled look. I didn't realize that at some point the App Launcher would get the Gallery look too. Now, all of the icons we did for our tiles for our apps which were white (light gray) to match that classic style...are basically invisible. Okay, fine, we can live with recreating icons to use with the new look...however,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to remove or hide "Discover"

The landing page automatically displays "Discover". There should be an option to hide these from being displayed permanently or temporarily.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to configure will documents open by default in read mode or edit mode (office online)

When opening documents from sp liba, you should be able to configure what is the default opening behaviour (read or edit). For example cover pages do not work when document is openened in edit mode.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let users control CONTRAST of themes

The inability to change the CONTRAST of the screen makes this a very negative experience. I appreciate that the white space/gray space is meant to be "light" but some people with vision challenges need to be able to see darker shading - in mail, for instance, it's like looking at a blindingly white screen with light gray text. I would like the ability to select a theme that gives more contrast -- darker text, darker gray, but keep white, white. I can't just adjust the brightness of the screen because it doesn't change the CONTRAST of the screen elements. I'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office keeps losing file associations with it's own file types and the only way to fix it that works is to reinstall it. Fix this problem!

Make it so office doesn't arbitrarily lose file association. Trying to ressociate them doesn't work and you have to reinstall the entire office suite. This should not happen. Please fix this issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FindTime in Office 365 Home

Be able to use FindTime with an Office365 Home account. Not just work accounts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow admins to change which fields are being displayed under the My account menu

Currently, under the My account menu under the outlook.office.com portal homepage, the users first name, last name, and account are displayed; please make these fields editable by a global admin so that either alternative names can be displayed and also so that a users alias can be displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Site Setting back to the gear icon in Modern Pages

Site Settings" link was recently removed from gear drop-down and placed w/in a new gear drop-down "Site Information". Given how frequently site admins need to access Site Settings during their daily work, we are extremely disappointed at this development!

We would LOVE to see set setting back on the gear icon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add slide sorter view to Office 365 Powerpoint online

In order to organize any realistic talk, with more than 10 slides, it is important to have the slide sorter view. This feature is present in any presentation software, including PowerPoint for Desktop, but not on Office 365 online and also not on Office for iOS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A notification of spec change should be made

Before the file with over 14 full-width characters downloaded from SharePoint would miss parts of the name from the 14th character
    But the issue seems resolved now, cause the full name can be displayed even the file’s name is over 14 characters
    If the spec really change, please give a notification to the users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Note field for each individual software license

Can't you supply a note field for each copy of office in MyAccount so that it can be tied to an asset number?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype Web Client on all Office 365 pages.

Currently if you are in the Outlook.com (Mail, people or Calendar) section of Office 365 you get a Skype Client option on the top navigation bar next to alerts.

This would be tremendously useful if it was an option no matter where you were navigating within Office 365 and especially in SharePoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)