Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Use custom images for the cover photo on your profile

Ability to post a custom image (such as company/department logos) to your profile page - similar to LinkedIn et al.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the spellchecker for non-US residents

I live in Australia. As much as I love the US, I am not from the US and I do not use American English. But try to get Microsoft Word to default (and stay on Australian or US spelling) - just try! Some people like to be precise about the language they use.

Do you realise (not realize!) what a problem this is in an organisation (not organization!) like mine?

As well as trying to fix this problem myself on numerous occasions (searching on Google for a solution - following all of the advice), on numerous occasions, and then spending…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make a default option "Never" under your event reminders in Outlook settings online.

When using the web version of Outlook, creating an event will include the default reminder. There is no "never" option in settings, so every event you create online you have to edit it later with the desktop edition in order to remove the annoying reminder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Simple option to exclude groups from an outlook search

A simple toggle button to be able to exclude groups from an outlook search

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Attachments won't open in personal archive in Outlook Mail beta (web)

Attachments in personal archive emails in "The New Outlook" beta version do not open. Emails in Inbox with attachments work OK as does standard Outlook Mail web client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include "never" as option for default reminder in Calendar

Include option to select "never" as a Calendar reminder. When adding a new event in Calendar the default time for notification in settings starts at "immediately". When creating an event it is possible to select "never" as a reminder option, but this can't be set as a default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change description of "You recently opened this" in the Recommended section

When a user browses search results, viewing a file's thumbnail will access the file. These files will then appear under the "Recommended" section as a file opened by the user, causing confusion.

Example: "You recently opened this, Mon at 1:34 PM"

I would suggest removing this information or at least describe it as an item that appeared in a search result.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Modern User Interface the display picture in a person type column does not display by default.

To get this working in MUI, additional column formatting is required and field customizer needs to be implemented in case the person type column allows multiple values. For a small clean feature which was available in classic UI, getting the customization done may not make sense.
    Any idea, why this was taken away ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Outlook Foto Anhang nur im Textfeld der E-Mail

Microsoft Ticket: 13323134

Hallo, seit dem wir Office365 verwenden, werden Anhänge (speziell Fotos) zum Großteil nur noch im Textfeld angezeigt, was das speichern der Fotos sehr umständlich macht. Obwohl der Absender die Fotos als Anhang und nicht als Textinhalt sendet, werden sie im Textfeld angezeigt. Ist es möglich hier in Outlook eine Einstellung vorzunehmen, welche dies beeinflusst ?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Grafik bei E-Mail Druck skalieren

Microsoft Ticket: 13323618
    Hallo, seitdem wir auf Office365 umgestellt haben, werden Grafiken in unseren E-Mails, welche wir in A4 drucken wollen, abgeschnitten. Dies war bei unserem alten Outlook nicht der Fall. Hatte man die E-Mail mit den Grafiken auf A4 gedruckt, wurden diese entsprechend skaliert. Kann man dies einstellen ? Die Drucker und deren Treiber haben sich seit dem nicht verändert und sind in Ordnung. Die E-Mail im Anhang zeigt zum Beispiel solche Grafiken im Textfeld. Ein Druck im Querformat hilft ebenfalls nichts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Outlook Journal is not accessible in Office 365. Please enable the Outlook Journal functionality in Office 365 (web access to Outlook).

Outlook Journal is very useful but it is not accessible in Outlook on he web (Outlook in Office 365). So currently, I can only access on my desktop. Please enable the Outlook Journal functionality in Office 365 (web access to Outlook).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the customized links in the search result clickable

As it is now, even if the organization's Customized tiles shows up in the result, nothing happens when clicking on the links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the personal and work design page.

When you're trying to put your credentials to login to the portal, you never know if you're using the Home or business portal since they look exactly the same. The only thing that is different is the URL which not everyone pay attention to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. spell checking issue

encountered an issue when spell checking a block or two on a 60 page document. spell check does not focus on the particular block, it goes through it and checks the rest of the document. this has been going on since build version 1809 of the monthly channel. I changed the channel to semi annual February 2019 release date version 1808 build 10730.20280 - this works perfectly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get back old icons of apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, ...) on Office.com.

Please, get back old icons of apps on Office.com. New version from February 2019 are good for packaging, not for web. Old version was simple, but modern.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The mobile portal.office.com is not matching the layout boundaries and format of my phone screen

The mobile portal.office.com is not matching the layout boundaries and format of my phone screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let Office 365 for Android open multiple files at the same time.

Guys, me like many people are spending more time working on our mobile devices in my case i use DEX For the Samgung galaxy note 9 when i work in my office and much more while outside, and it is frustrating that on none of the cases i can work on multiple Excel books at the same time, even with my paid Office 365 subscripion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let Office 365 for Android open multiple files at the same time.

Guys, me like many people are spending more time working on our mobile devices in my case i use DEX For the Samgung galaxy note 9 when i work in my office and much more while outside, and it is frustrating that on none of the cases i can work on multiple Excel books at the same time, even with my paid Office 365 subscripion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Uniformize links behaviour across Office 365

It's really difficult to predict what is going to happen when you click on an Office 365 link ! : Is it going to open a new tab/window or display in the same tab ?

Just as an example: clicking on "Outlook" in the page opens a new tab, clicking on Outlook in the Office launcher menu displays Outlook in the same menu !!!

This remark is valid across all Office 365 tool. Are you sure you don't use a random function ? ;-) This is what it looks like.

Please uniformize and/or publish clear rule in order for us…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base