Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Note field for each individual software license

Can't you supply a note field for each copy of office in MyAccount so that it can be tied to an asset number?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. too slow with updating

when I put in my profile picture it still hasn't loaded 3 hours later

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Distinguish Licence For A Device

Add a txt box so I can tag which licence was registered against which device, or maybe list the device that was used to install licence on...
    My issue is that i have 20 odd MS Office licences registered against my account but am unable to distinguish between them from the site. I am currently having to keep records separately of date installed and which device, but even this is proving difficult as I may install several on the same day..... also the date does not correspond to the actual date I installed due to time difference for Australia.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype Web Client on all Office 365 pages.

Currently if you are in the Outlook.com (Mail, people or Calendar) section of Office 365 you get a Skype Client option on the top navigation bar next to alerts.

This would be tremendously useful if it was an option no matter where you were navigating within Office 365 and especially in SharePoint.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Sharepoint from connected services

I would like sharepoint option removed from Word and Excel 2016. I cant stand Sharepoint one bit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tile for O365 groups on startscreen and app launcher

We miss a tile for O365 groups on the home screen and app launcher. Users have no chance to go directly into a group, they must always first select an application and then go to the group view.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification bubble on tiles

Portal.office.com can be a great start page, a hub where you can overview all your office apps.
    But to make it useful, we need to see notifications on each tile/app, like it would display on an iPhone for instance.
    Outlook showing the nb of unread emails, yammer notifications, etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create rule on Mac

Creating rule using office 365 / personal is very complex I have 23 000 emails and unable to organise it to create rules and subfolder . Old versions was much easier to use. Hope to update create rules to easier procedure

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delay sending emails

My old out look office 365 / personal not included delay when interest to send an email at specific time , in my prevoiuse outlook: I click on Option then click on: Do not send email before: ( selected time and date ) I want this option added to outlook 2016

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to have 2 different site collection URLs

Similar to on-premise where you can extend the site collection to create another site collection with a different URL within the same SharePoint Environment. We were wanting to be able to have two site collections with different URL that use the same AD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change PowerBI Tile Color

The PowerBI App tile is Yellow with White text, this makes it very difficult to read and fails to meet the web accessbility guidelines. Please change this color combination and review all of the color combinations in O365 to ensure web accessbility guidelines are met.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Office App & Mobile App

What if Microsoft succeeded to develop an Office App & a Mobile App (I call it ChatosApp) that can deal with different social media apps. like facebook, twitter, ...etc
    In such a way that a person can check messages coming from social media applications & can reply to them from 1 microsoft office/mobile app & the senders can see the person's replies on their own applications

For example the ChatosApp can receive a post from a facebook friend and can receive a tweet from another twitter friend & ChatosApp can respond to the post in such away that facebook friend…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow users to drag and drop files within jumplists

Please allow users to change the pinned and unpinned file sequence in jumplists. Also allow users to set the width of the jumplist so that we can see full file names. While these maybe Windows rather than Office problems, they are REALLY ANNOYING.

While here, please note that there is no category of feedback that relates to general users like me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Personal Hub as Home Page

We have been doing a lot of training on Planner and OneNote recently and had an idea born out of some user frustration. Currently, there are several places that you can create/track tasks and projects that you work on. Thinking along the GTD methodology, it would be great to have a personal HUB in Office 365 that presented you will all of the tasks created/assigned to you across the platform--Outlook, OneNote, Planner, SharePoint. It would be further fabulous if those tasks shared a similar tagging structure.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Insert inking and draw capabilities to Office 365 so that tablets can be used with it for document markups.

Insert draw and inking capabilities to Office 365 so that document markups can be performed by the user and with other devices as Wacom Intuos Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to update the information on "Open and use a shared mailbox in Outlook on the web for business"

The information regarding adding and sending e-mail from a shared mailbox in Outlook web needs to be updated.

The link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-and-use-a-shared-mailbox-in-Outlook-on-the-web-for-business-bc127866-42be-4de7-92ae-1ef2f787fd5c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

• How do I send email from the shared mailbox?
      On step 2 when you click on the three dots and click "Show from" it needs to be added that you have to right-click and choose to remove your own username and then search for the shared mailbox so it can be added and then be able to send e-mails from a shared mailbox.

I had to contact the support to figure this out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View Public Folders through office 365 webmail, people, directory

Similar to the Outlook program, office 365 webmail should allow users to open the office 365 webmail, people, directory, public folders, and view all public folders and information within.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Reviewer Filtering in Word 2016 Mac

Reviewer filtering works in 2011 but not 2016. Cannot show selected reviewer and no checkmarks appear as they do in 2011. Printing removes all reviewer names.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skype for business: Historical chat

Historical chats of Skype for business are available only in outlook. It will be very useful to view and open old chat in Skype for business client on Windows and on App ( ios and Adnroid).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add 'UNREAD' messages fo to the top of the toolbaru, not just in 365 but also office.com wthout having to customise - it should be standard

Add 'UNREAD' messages to the top of the toolbar, not just in 365 but also office.com without having to customise - it should be standard

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base