Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the personal and work design page.

When you're trying to put your credentials to login to the portal, you never know if you're using the Home or business portal since they look exactly the same. The only thing that is different is the URL which not everyone pay attention to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove IMAGE hyperlinks

Would like to see a shortcut to remove all IMAGE hyperlinks in a Word or Excel document at one time. Instead of having do it individually by using right click/remove hyperlink one at a time .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two dark mode bugs; no means to enable dark mode.

Bug: (1) Outlook 365 page does not use darker colors when "dark mode" is "on" using the "Quick settings" menu. (2) A dark mode widget is presented in the "All Outlook settings > General > Appearance" menu but the widget does not respond to the mouse click events. Both these bugs are present when using either Microsoft Edge Beta and Chome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. program in office 365 only open on current tab not opening on new tab

Used to be able to open app from 365 portal to a new tab but now it only open on the same page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 365 should allow other email programs

With the new update I cannot send a doc from Word with another email program I am forced to use outlook. So I will leave office 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make all options live in Word

I would like to see comments in balloons, but when I found the place in the menu to turn them on, it's gray. This is not the first time Word won't let me select an option I want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Uniformize links behaviour across Office 365

It's really difficult to predict what is going to happen when you click on an Office 365 link ! : Is it going to open a new tab/window or display in the same tab ?

Just as an example: clicking on "Outlook" in the page opens a new tab, clicking on Outlook in the Office launcher menu displays Outlook in the same menu !!!

This remark is valid across all Office 365 tool. Are you sure you don't use a random function ? ;-) This is what it looks like.

Please uniformize and/or publish clear rule in order for us…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Area code (+682) not displayed when creating new Office 365 tenant

Area code (+682) not displayed when creating new Office 365 tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HTML Headings do not follow accessibility best practices

The heading structure on the office.com homepage does not follow a logical order, making it confusing for screen reader users. There are headings at level 1 and 3, but none at 2. The page skips from the greeting at heading level 1 to "Recommended" in the Documents region at heading level 3 (It would help with navigation if "Documents" itself was a heading). Similarly, the OneDrive and SharePoint regions begin with a heading 1 and skip to heading 3 for the immedieately following content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. @Microsoft @Office wondering why when I print out my calendar, so I have a convenient monthly view, the smaller calendars on the top rig

@Microsoft

@Office
    wondering why when I print out my calendar, so I have a convenient monthly view, the smaller calendars on the top right are of the current and next month? Why? Why not have the previous and next month? Please change this odd feature. 🤔

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new outlook has lost functionality for our users. They can no longer print details of their calendar events or choose date ranges.

The new outlook has lost functionality for our users. They can no longer print details of their calendar events or choose date ranges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get back old icons of apps (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, ...) on Office.com.

Please, get back old icons of apps on Office.com. New version from February 2019 are good for packaging, not for web. Old version was simple, but modern.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Logging to the Portal by Multiple Users On Same Computer

I am an IT Consultant managing many clients. Some of the clients have shared computers; that is multiple users use the same PC in a warehouse or manufacturing floors. They use a cloud-based ERP using the browser. We have trained them to use OWA for email, and log out and close the tab, when they walk away from the station. Only during the past 4-6 weeks, when a 2nd user opens a new tab and accesses portal.office.com, and AFTER s/he provide her/his own credentials, because the get prompted for those information, it still brings up the email account of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. web app notification subfolder

sub folders in the web app should have a notification setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cloud access only as an option during the installation of the office, especially for OneNote

OneNote used to work on local machines. Now Microsoft is pushing it to be a cloud software. That might work for some users, but it would be good to add it as an option during installation.
    Our documents are on a local server (and they will stay there), in addition, relying on cloud makes OneNote useless while someone doesn't have the Internet access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the most recent from Teams Activity tab as a tile / row on Office.com

I would love if Office.com could give me an overview of all relevant in Office 365. I am missing a link to Teams.

Please add a row / tile with the recent Teams notification from the Teams Activity tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop US English overriding the default proofing language

This shouldnt require over an hour and a half with tech support to stop my documents being marked with wrong spelling because O365 seems to have US English on override.

My whole computer is set to UK English but why is there not a simple setting in the O365 account options to let us choose WHICH English we proof in?

Why does the install default to English only? why cant we choose on install our version of English to avoid this entire issue?

This is a massively simple fix which will avoid a lot of problems for a lot of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back drop down menus to Office 365

Bring back drop down menus to Office 365 on the PC - File, View etc. as it's far easier to find something from a list than the icon ribbon and both could co-exist. Indeed, they still do on the Mac!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In Modern User Interface the display picture in a person type column does not display by default.

To get this working in MUI, additional column formatting is required and field customizer needs to be implemented in case the person type column allows multiple values. For a small clean feature which was available in classic UI, getting the customization done may not make sense.
    Any idea, why this was taken away ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Office.com Home Page

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base