Feedback by UserVoice

Office.com Home Page

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Compatibility issues with Office and High Sierra (Mac)

The currently available patch that is available for download does work and resolves the problems with Outlook. However, Mac usres are used to seeing the 'box' package icon appear with some text to let them know that the patch is running. When I used this patch nothing appeared on the screen and I mistakenly assumed it was not working. It was, but it took a while (several minutes on my machine). So maybe add a note to people to say that they need to give the package time to operate?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. minimize Skype for business immediately instead of having to minimize manually each time it starts first time

minimize Skype for business immediately instead of having to minimize manually each time it starts first time.I don't want to have to manually minimize this every time I restart my computer. It is really annoying. Please either forward this request to the developers or please tell me where I can post this so that they will see it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delay sending emails

My old out look office 365 / personal not included delay when interest to send an email at specific time , in my prevoiuse outlook: I click on Option then click on: Do not send email before: ( selected time and date ) I want this option added to outlook 2016

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let users control CONTRAST of themes

The inability to change the CONTRAST of the screen makes this a very negative experience. I appreciate that the white space/gray space is meant to be "light" but some people with vision challenges need to be able to see darker shading - in mail, for instance, it's like looking at a blindingly white screen with light gray text. I would like the ability to select a theme that gives more contrast -- darker text, darker gray, but keep white, white. I can't just adjust the brightness of the screen because it doesn't change the CONTRAST of the screen elements. I'm…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow 'custom tile' to be put on home screen

Allow 'custom tile' to be put on home screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix issue with intermittent failure to load login credentials from iCloud KeyChain on Safari

The new Office login page often does not allow Safari to auto-load credentials from the KeyChain. The little key drop-down is there in the (blank) password field, but no credentials are available to select as opposed to there always being such on the previous (old) login page. Solution is to either always use the old login page until forced to move to new, or revert to old, to retrieve credentials and then change back to new.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let us label office keys under my account

I have multiple office keys listed under my account. It is very difficult to figure out which key goes to which machine when I have to reinstall it for any reason. It would be nice if I had the option to label them such as kids pc, office desktop, dads laptop, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow several images to be used as image for the logon page (maybe also based on department)

Today you can change the default background image in a custom background image. That's already a good thing, but it would be great if there would be an option that several images can be used random and/or based on the user who will logon. For example a company has 2 departments, you upload 2 images and based on the department you select an image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possibly Inaccuracy in Office 365 Business Pricing Page

One of the bullet points described here: https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?tab=2 states that "web versions of Outlook" are included in Office 365 Business. Unfortunately, upon purchasing, there does not appear to be a web version of Outlook included. A call to support confirms that, contrary to the Microsoft Outlook pricing website, there is no web version of Outlook included in Office 365 Business. Recommendation: revise the 365 Business Pricing Page to reflect that the web version of Outlook is not included. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Description Title to installs

When I am looking up my account and I have multiple installs of Office. (store.office.com/myaccount) Would be great to be able to add a description as to what PC this is loaded on. Just in case I ever have to go back to it I can find the exact install for that system. Currently I have to print out the key so I can store in a folder for that PC.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow the admin home page to be modified when DirSync is enabled

Per support, the reason I cannot modify the layout of my admin home screen is because DirSync is connecting my on-premise Ad to Office365/Azure. I can think of no reason that these should be related. I'd just like the ability to move panels around on my admin page so the most relevant items are at the top of the page. Please change this to allow customization even with DirSync enabled

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Location Aware App Tiles

Allow the creation of tiles that either appear or not based on where you log in from. For example we have a web app internally that is accessed by 5k+ staff at any one time. Externally the access is only a few hundred. I don't want to push everyone through the AADProxy but I do want everyone to use MYAPPS as their landing page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Installer Office 2016"

When on the office 365 home page, if the language is french, the "Installer Office 2016" link should download the Setup.x86.fr install instead of the Setup.x86.en-us install

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Home Page Subscription renewal for Keys already purchased without autorenew with credit card

Expiration data should be more visibile next to each product in O365 on the individual home page.

People that buy subscription keys like employees, gifts to people, online should also be able to Enter Key (Visible button) or Option to Auto-Renew based on which way they acquired key. Sometimes they could have been gifted or a family member could have added them as part of 5 users or sometimes they might want to autorenew with their credit card. User should have that option to enter. I was on the phone for over an hour (no fault of customer care rep).…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show which product keys have been used

On the "My Account" page there are a list of products registered to the account, with "Install" links, but no way to know which ones have already been used. Would be great if there was a way to flag which products have been installed (and on which machines).

Since the only way to change an Office product key is to uninstall/reinstall, I've just had to uninstall/reinstall Office on 3 machines because our work account has a number of products and the users just selected the first key in the list when prompted at their first run.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. if after loging out. '->' at the left top corner disapear it will be more beeter for security for once account

just disappear the sign '->' at the top left corner of the searching browser. better for security of Microsoft account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add/Customize a Displayname on the Welcome Page

Would like to have the ability to add/customize a displayname on the welcome page. (i.e. Good Morning John, Doe; Good Afternoon John, Doe)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add a new picture

It would be amazing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)