Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office 365 Admin mobile app?

Where the **** is Outlook Tasks on Mobile?

No Tasks on the Outlook iOS App: defeats the purpose of the app:
I’ve had to purchase an external app: http://tasktaskapp.com/ to manage my tasks on iOS

We hate using APPLE reminders on our iOS or other external apps
Outlook has always had - Mail, Calendar, People and TASKS!!! extremely disappointed that TASKS was left out off the mobile app.

74 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave up on the official Outlook app by Microsoft, it is so limited in its usefulness and yes, no Tasks, which makes no sense.

I use Nine. It is the ONLY Android app, to my knowledge that syncs Outlook Tasks and Notes. Blue mail does not, ditto AquaMail, TypeApp... The Microsoft To-Do app is completely unrelated to Outlook.

The great thing is the evolution of corporate security policy management on the phone. With the Outlook app, you have to add your 365 work account as a Exchange server phone account, meaning data is stored on the phone, necessitating our work IT to be device admin. I never wanted that on my personal phone and that was an issue for several years. But now, 365 can be properly set up as its own 'type' of account, everything stays in cloud, no need for work IT to be device admin, Nine allows you to choose between device or application security. I recommend device. Nine has to be a device admin on the phone. For whatever reason, I'm OK with that over work IT. If you choose application, it's annoying: you'll have to enter a PIN VERY often to access the app.

There is no equivalent to Nine. It's quite nice. Only glitch (and it seems VERY hard to get this right): a conversation thread should include my latest SENT.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really surprised that this wasn't available on the mobile app. The whole purpose is to put it "all" at our finger tips!

Absolutely crazy that tasks are not available.
        Recommend Nine as a good alternative app

I'm really shocked Tasks aren't included on the iOS mobile app. The future is mobile. There should be complete synergy between desktop and mobile.

Hellooo...McFly!!! Why would you even think of leaving Tasks out of the mobile version?

3rd party app developers are WAY ahead of Microsoft on getting Outlook Tasks on mobile devices. I've used the following setup for over two years. It uses Google Tasks as an Outlook Task server.
        1. If you don't have one already, get a Gmail account (free).
        2. Install the GogTasks addon ($9) to Outlook desktop.
        3. Get the gTasks app ($6) for your mobile device.

GogTask syncs your Outlook Tasks with your Google Tasks, gTasks is your mobile Outlook task manager via Google. Once you get everything configured it's flawless. The only shortcoming is that it doesn't support all of the Outlook Task fields (like Priority and Start Date). It's a separate app on your mobile device but it beats waiting around for "we really don't care what our customers want" Microsoft to get their act together on Outlook Mobile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base