Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the Office 365 Admin mobile app?

Email Signature

The ability to post a consistent email signature that is customized to title and name for each account.
This would save time and add brand equity.

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lief shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the Signature set in Outlook online automatically added to every email in mobile app?

The way its done with gmail.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I have been trying to find a work around to have the signature appear under under each employee on 44 different accounts as a default and it pull in their %%name%% %%phone%% %%email%% automatically into the signature... unfortunately after setting up all of the accounts, importing the mail onto the cloud server the only solution Microsoft has for this is if the solution is deployed on a local server. This is really frustrating. Not only that confusing. Not having this solution affects smaller clients significantly less because they can simply just attach manually add the signature to their 4/5 devices or accounts and be done with it. My clients organization has 45 accounts each user with a desktop/laptop/phone, so microsoft is causing more work for their bigger spending clients... Makes zero sense. My client is spending over 600$ per month and we have to do some crazy disclaimer work around, not only that but are paying my time to come up with these crazy solutions. Really silly on something so basic as a global signature.

Office 365 do yourself a favour and figure it out before my client decides to pull the trigger and cancel his account.

The disclaimer approach is poor at best. The end user composing the email never gets to set unless they receive a reply, it is always appended to the end of the entire message thread, not the most recent message. Why not add a place in exchange to store the signature block (both an HTML version and a plain text version). Add the appropriate controls so the admin can either allow the end user to do their own thing, OR, flip the switch (either on the mailbox itself, or the entire domain) and the end user can no longer update the signature, but it is ALWAYS sent, and appears in the proper place. Switches envisioned:

-UserCanEdit (true or false)
        -HTMLSignature ",,,,,," (the html....)
        -TextSignature "....." (the textual version, complete with line breaks)
        -ReplyUseSignature (true or false - inserts the appropriate signature for replies to messages, or not)
        -ForwardUseSignature (true or false - inserts the appropriate signature for forwarding of messages, or not)
        -ShowSignatureInEditor (true or false - places a copy of the configured signature into the message at the appropriate location, and allows the end user to manipulate that copy).
        -SignatureOnMobile (true or false - inserts the signature when emailing on a mobile/smart device)
        -SignatureOnOutlookClient (true or false - overides what is configured in the Microsoft Outlook Desktop application for signatures)
        -

• Obliterator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all comments.

Signature fields need conditional logic.
        E.g. {{IF%%PhoneNumber%%}}Phone: %% PhoneNumber%%{{ELSE}}Call Reception{{ENDIF}}

Configurable insertion point (below current reply and option to avoid repeat insertion).

Option to force html format for mail (i.e. convert emails sent in plaintext from iPhone/iPad) when inserting the signature.

Don't expect to require/pay a third party to provide basic signature functionality. Should be built into the default offering.

• Will Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to this - the rule to manage email signatures has three issues for us:

Cannot hide fields that are blank in Active Directory (EG: if you put a "Phone: %%PhoneNumber%%" field in, it will display whether the mailbox has a phone number specified or not)

Cannot specify to prevent the disclaimer going on every email (ie: email is sent to external party, disclaimer is added. This stacks up on every reply sent out of the business and must cause the death of so many trees when these emails get printed!)

Cannot support images (seems a basic requirement not being met)

• Bennie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can do and make it easy your self... but not sure if you ever have looked into this

DHAdmin has the solution.... go buy up the top company already supplying this feature.

This Feature is alarming to think they did not figure out untill now, this is just like having a tel.nr. Not the greatest results compared to Greater happenings. I think reality confuses us.

• DR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can create a rule to apply a common sig line in the tenant, but the problem is it is applied every time an email is sent. If the user has replies back and forth on the same message, it keeps stacking up the signatures at the bottom of the message. There needs to be a simple check to see if the signature exists, them don't apply it again. A solution for this is offered by CodeTwo, but would prefer it be done automatically in out O365 tenant.

• DHAdmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Centralised signature management is a must these days and really hope Microsoft roll out something soon.
        Outlook signature management is and has always been poor, so a management solution would be the perfect addition for 365 for business.
        There are plenty of websites out there peddling such a web service that outbound email to be 'stamped' with a signature rather than having to manually apply a signature at the client/device level.
        Couldn't MS just pop out, buy up one of the top companies providing this service then just roll it into 365? :)

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even believe Microsoft didn't include the ability to edit email signatures in their Outlook web app. This is a very basic feature that even Apple's mail app which is a part of iCloud.com has! I doubt anyone is even using iCloud.com for business. I have to use office365.outlook.com for work, and I can't even create an email signature. MADNESS!

Feedback and Knowledge Base