Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ATP safe attachments: Add Scan First then Deliver email mode without Malicious item Quarantine

Current settings available are Off, Block, Replace, Dynamic Delivery

Off -No scan

Monitor - Just Monitor

Block - Requires rules to be set and administrators to manually release emails

Replace - Replaces malware file

Dynamic Delivery - Delivers email first then user has to log onto the tenant or 2-5 minutes later the attachment shows up ***This greatly frustrates staff as they cannot properly act on email until they have the attachment.***

---Add a mode where the email is delayed while the attachments are scanned then whole email is delivered
    _Administrators should have the option to quarantine or to not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. E-Discovery Search to exclude Voicemail messages

Due to confidential voicemail messages in mailboxes, can there be an option in the new e-Discovery search to filter out by voicemail message. I understand that you can specify searches by keywords, but if there is a build in feature in e-Discovery to exclude voicemail, this can prevent man made mistakes when performing searches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attack simulator

The new Attack simulator don't take the passwords without special characters
    For example
    If the password is Test1 it not gonna show that any of your user is susceptible to Brute Force Password attacks.
    But if the password is Test01- that way can be recognized and gonna show you that one of your users is susceptible to Brute Force Password attacks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to Import data from Holds created by the Admin

I have added almost 450 Onedrive sites to hold. it would be great if we have an option to export the data for verfications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Well to be honest I’m amazed by the team challenge on how quick you all were to respond, between apple and then Microso

I believe if you have self encrypters like the ones we see everyday and used to, well if we take the privacy, and policy with the site terms we can actually make it a ghost code. It’ll be visible to the eye under light but we/ you all have the lighting and screens to detect a security breach. I hope that makes sense. For me I’m constantly clicking and clicking to find the answer, and to be honest with myself it’s starting to make sense. So thank you all and thNk you for the great team to team execution. I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like the ability to not save any converation history in Microsoft Teams. Want to be able to have it delete upon exit.

Right now we only have the ability to delete conversation history in Teams after 30 days, however we work for an Attorney and we don't want any teams data saved at all. Want the ability to have it auto deleted upon exit. Due to client confidentiality and security reason we can't have that saved or the ability for others to access that data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Time too long for SafeLinks manually entered link to block

When manually adding a domain or URL to SafeLinks the time for the link to actually be blocked is too long. I'm adding it because I have an active Phishing threat. An hour later and its still not blocked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suprams - website design and development compamy

Looking for an experienced website designer and developer to update & and make your website more attractive, than you came here right place, Give Your Business a New look With Our Graphic Design, Web Design, WordPress Theme and Digital Marketing Services.visit:- https://www.suprams.com/web-designing/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I get my IP off of your spam blacklist?

Every few days, you re-add my server, 3.16.178.106, to your spam blacklist, even after I fill out the removal form. How do I make this stop? Both I and your customers thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. need interpol six plus yrs ago ***** n local law clueless Must stop felons cyber crime targeting sos

WoSign cert not trusted on Apple no good digital certificates public connection always gatekeepers decryption shipping pirates communications transmissions keywords give messages need to further decode interpol advised extremely high tech criminal maneuvers need speak in private phones,pc s,even pc less fax machine making passes passports when connected to Burvaska or Chinese administrators blocked communications i have to try everything someone has to know what i witness daily on devices shocking wat do i do when Gulf of Guinea ships robbers pirates use my devices educate me need to but can’t trust nothing or no one advise gotta go i’m…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twud b very useful to allow junk mail folder email to be fwd'd to another mailbox as notification rather than do this globally

Large organisations have many mailboxes. Having spam notifications only set globally for notifications of emails being sent to junk mail is not suitable. There should be a way to notify specified users, DL or mailbox that mail destined for a particular mailbox was treated as spam. Oftentimes there are many senders to internal mailboxes and some are infrequent yet must not be missed. As they are infrequent they are often not whitelisted. Which is fine. As long as we know they've been blocked and moved to junk mail as some mailboxes are system mailboxes and not read by humans at…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Administrator to Remove Enrolled Device

I see a user device in the Intune Mobile Device Management for Office 365. It is not a company owned device and the user does not recognize it as personal device. We would like to remove it as a trusted/enrolled device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put a verified badge on the users "picture area" like in twitter (verified by) when the user as being sent internally.

Put a verified badge on the users "picture area" like in twitter (verified by) when the user as being sent internal.
    Instead of tool tips, please put a verified check mark like twitter on a users picture area when the email is sent from inside the organization from an authenticated account. This would be equivalent to at least confirming the email was sent from a user who was able to authenticate to the account and be easier to catch than the tool tips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Useful to receive a notification email to administrative email address once a active mail flow rule has been disabled

Notification email to selected administrative email address once a mail flow rule has been disabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Forwarding a message that contains these so-called "safe" links is a nightmare.

These so-called "safe" links are a nightmare from a usability standpoint and needlessly obscurew the original link. It is imprtant to have the ability for users to see clearly the original destination of each link so that they can evaluate for themselves the trustworhiness of the oringinal site. (For example, most mail readers have the ability to hover over a URL to see where it actually points and this is disabled by ATP re-rwitten URLs.). Please fix this usability disaster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Trust Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retention policies (with records marker) should be manageable by admins

I understand the purpose of records markers in retention policies is to protect official company records. There is, however, a sizeable gap in the functionality to be able to administer such labels even before they are published for use. i.e., even an unpublished (and therefore completely unused) retention label with a company record marker cannot be edited or deleted in any way. Guidance on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/labels#using-retention-labels-for-records-management does NOT alert anyone to this fact as it notes "WHEN AN ITEM IS LABELLED AS A RECORD, four things happen: 1. The item can't be permanently deleted; 2. The item can't be edited; 3.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Easy to access support

Hi,

Sounds silly, but after spending close to 2 hours navigating the MS support teams it makes sense to me. Either update the Office 365 "New support" area to allow support tickets for attack simulator, or have a link within the webapp to log bugs either into the support teams or via github.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More options with OTP

As it is right now OTP is either enabled or disabled. There should be an option to use OTP only when an email is being sent outside of the organization otherwise it stays disabled. To have OTP enabled all the time doesn't make sense because if someone's mailbox is compromised the would be hacker could easily click the OTP link to gain access to the email. You could enforce the use of MFA to mitigate that issue but if you have a lot of users, especially ones who are not savvy with computers, that could be a real nightmare.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Encryption & Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base